ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status and divorcing

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

siralexius

Settled status and divorcing

Post by siralexius » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:59 pm

Hello everyone,
Granted settled status recently and we are plan to file a divorce. Before we do this just to make sure any complication will happen afterwards? Be both granted settled status. I know that once I grant the settled status as a non-eu citizen I am no longer dependent on my spouse?
Any opinion will be appreciated!

kamoe

Re: Settled status and divorcing

Post by kamoe » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:03 pm

siralexius wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:59 pm
Granted settled status recently and we are plan to file a divorce. Before we do this just to make sure any complication will happen afterwards?
Nope. You are as free as it gets.
Be both granted settled status. I know that once I grant the settled status as a non-eu citizen I am no longer dependent on my spouse?
Correct.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

siralexius

Re: Settled status and divorcing

Post by siralexius » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:01 pm

Thank you for clarifying.