ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Queries !

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

immee
Mood:

Naturalisation - Queries !

Post by immee » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:07 pm

Hi All.

I am currently working on my Wife' & Under 18 Son's naturalisation applications and have a few queries. I would appreciate your views on them.

I was naturalised last year in Jan 2020. My Son and Wife went through FLR(M) 5 year route and just received their SET(M) - ILR last month. After going through some guidance, am i right in understanding that
  • My wife and Son has to meet 3 years residents requirements (Not 5 Years), meaning in addition to not being outside UK above X number of days they should have been in the UK on the day exactly three years from now.
  • Both are NOT required to be on ILR for atleast 12 months, meaning they can apply for naturalisation straight after getting ILR.
  • And rather a tricky one - a couple of my ex-colleagues (both accountants) are going to be referee's on their applications, however for my Child's, one referee requirement says that it should be either his teacher or minister of religion etc. who have dealt with the child directly. My wife has spoken to my Son's teacher and they seem to be reluctant to provide us with their DOB, Email, Passport, Address details, nor is GP willing to provide this. This sounds more awkward and dodgy to ask someone when filling application online as we need all this information first before we can complete the applicaiton and print out the referees forms for them to sign ? :shock: Does someone have any suggestions about what to do in that case ? I can get a normal good charactor letter from the school (as a supporting letter) and keep same two colleagues of mine as referee's but i am not sure if thats going to be ok ?.. what i dont want is take any risk in the naturalistaion application, whilst i seem stuck in getting the right type of referee...
  • And finally, we cannot seem to locate all the paslips for my wife's ex employment.. She was employed there for nearly three years and we hardly found some 12-13 payslips covering differnt periods, a couple of P60s and a P45.. I hope this shouldn't be an issue ?

immee
Mood:

Re: Naturalisation - Queries !

Post by immee » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:32 pm

Got a few more queries after huge responses received for my earlier queries :D
  • Is there any time limit for the children ? i.e. do they have to meet same 3 or 5 years or residency ? My understanding is they dont have to, but thought to run it with you guys ?
  • Whilst filling in online naturalisation application, Online HO portal has given me option to add the 2nd applicant just next to the first applicant. When adding my child's details in the 2nd applicant form, although it asked me if he had settlement (answer to which was yes) but unlike my wife's, it hasnt asked me about his immigration history, hope i haven't missed anthing ? :? - should this be the case
  • And finally, i had no luck with GP and school, as GPs simply said they don't know the child personally so they won't do it, and the school choose not to reply back to the initial email and after the chase they said they are happy to do a letter for the child (Instead of giving any individual teachers name and personal details), now i am thinking although i am going to have two adult referee's but it might a good idea to add a good standing school letter as well and school said they are happy to word it the way we want it.. so question is has some had any such letters and if yes - has anyone got any specific wordings example ?.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:20 am

immee wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:32 pm
  • Is there any time limit for the children ? i.e. do they have to meet same 3 or 5 years or residency ? My understanding is they dont have to, but thought to run it with you guys ?
For children you don't have to meet a 3/5 years residency period.
  • Whilst filling in online naturalisation application, Online HO portal has given me option to add the 2nd applicant just next to the first applicant. When adding my child's details in the 2nd applicant form, although it asked me if he had settlement (answer to which was yes) but unlike my wife's, it hasnt asked me about his immigration history, hope i haven't missed anthing ? :? - should this be the case
Children get registered (Form MN1) not naturalised (AN). When you added your child the system adjusts to form MN1. Adults use Form AN.
  • And finally, i had no luck with GP and school, as GPs simply said they don't know the child personally so they won't do it, and the school choose not to reply back to the initial email and after the chase they said they are happy to do a letter for the child (Instead of giving any individual teachers name and personal details), now i am thinking although i am going to have two adult referee's but it might a good idea to add a good standing school letter as well and school said they are happy to word it the way we want it.. so question is has some had any such letters and if yes - has anyone got any specific wordings example ?.
Referees for children is an ongoing problem, with many professionals not keen to give their details. You can use the adult referees but upload a covering note explaining that you had issues with getting the right referees.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

immee
Mood:

Post by immee » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:07 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:20 am
immee wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:32 pm
For children you don't have to meet a 3/5 years residency period.
Children get registered (Form MN1) not naturalised (AN). When you added your child the system adjusts to form MN1. Adults use Form AN.
Referees for children is an ongoing problem, with many professionals not keen to give their details. You can use the adult referees but upload a covering note explaining that you had issues with getting the right referees.
Thanks Mate.. Make sense and really appreciate your response.

I have now nearlly completed draft application and at the end it is asking to add some documents to be uploaded later, which i need some clarity on.
  • Proof of Mother's Parental responsibility of our child
  • Proof of father parential responsibility of my child
_ I can provide birth citificate and proof that the child lives on the same address. what else can be provided here ?
  • A letter of consent from child applicants parents(s) or legal guardians with their names and addresses and them confirming they agree to let you apply for britsh citizenship
I was drafting a one cover letter for both my wife and child, if i add a paragraph in it regarding this, would it do ? or does it have to be a specifcally worded seperate letter ?
  • Proof of living in the UK for my wife for 3 or 5 qualifying years
We provided bills etc for co-habitation when my wife applied for ILR, would that do along with her passport that shows she was in the UK ? not sure what else could be provided.. she has been unemployed for the last 2-3 years

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:53 pm

immee wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:07 pm

Thanks Mate.. Make sense and really appreciate your response.

I have now nearlly completed draft application and at the end it is asking to add some documents to be uploaded later, which i need some clarity on.
  • Proof of Mother's Parental responsibility of our child
  • Proof of father parential responsibility of my child
_ I can provide birth citificate and proof that the child lives on the same address. what else can be provided here ?
Birth certificate should be sufficient here.
  • A letter of consent from child applicants parents(s) or legal guardians with their names and addresses and them confirming they agree to let you apply for britsh citizenship
I was drafting a one cover letter for both my wife and child, if i add a paragraph in it regarding this, would it do ? or does it have to be a specifcally worded seperate letter ?
For a simple template click here: british-citizenship/mn1-for-child-requi ... e#p1969288
  • Proof of living in the UK for my wife for 3 or 5 qualifying years
We provided bills etc for co-habitation when my wife applied for ILR, would that do along with her passport that shows she was in the UK ? not sure what else could be provided.. she has been unemployed for the last 2-3 years
Passport(s) covering period are sufficient as she is on UK ILR.
Many thanks
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.