ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Static caravan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spiderblob
Newly Registered

Static caravan

Post by spiderblob » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:57 am

Hi
I am applying for a fiance visa. My partner lives in (and owns) a static caravan on a non-residential park which closes for a few weeks each year when he goes on holiday. He pays no Council Tax as I understand the accommodation is not classed as permanent. I see nothing specific in the immigration rules about this. Would this accommodation be acceptable to UKVI?
Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Static caravan

Post by manci » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:29 pm

Please provide more detail, e.g how is it that your partner resides on a non-residential site (which seems to be a contradiction) and why doesn't he pay council tax? Also will the caravan not be overcrowded when you arrive and does it comply with public health regulations?

Read the Accommodation and Ownership/occupation sections here:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7.0ext.pdf
and note:

The decision maker must be satisfied that adequate permanent accommodation will be available after the marriage or the civil partnership has taken place and that adequate temporary accommodation will be available in the meantime
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

spiderblob
Newly Registered

Re: Static caravan

Post by spiderblob » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:11 am

Thank you manci, very helpful reference.