ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund for withdrawn application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BloodLemming
Newly Registered
South Africa

Withdrawn application being processed instead of correct one

Post by BloodLemming » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:43 pm

I submitted an ILR application on 7 March, but after realising that I'd made a mistake with some of the info I'd submitted, I withdrew the application and submitted a new one on 9 March. Before I did this, I called to confirm that this could be done and which form to fill in, and did so (I have a screenshot of the page confirming this and the reference number).

I booked and attended the UKVCAS appointment to enrol my biometrics and upload my documents in April and hadn't heard anything further (although I'm wasn't expecting to, as I know there usually isn't any further contact until a decision has been made). I hadn't received the refund for my first application, but as these are stated as taking some time, wasn't too concerned.

Today I received a letter dated yesterday stating the my biometrics had not been enrolled and that I need to make an appointment within 10 working days of the date of the letter to do so. The letter states that the application was from 7th March (the first application).

The Case ID is on the letter, but the Unique Application Number space is left blank and the "Our Ref" and "Your Ref" fields are "HO_Ref" and "Your Ref", respectively.

I've called the number on the letter, but obviously the office is closed for the weekend.

In the meantime, I'll gather up all the information and references etc I can, but does anyone have any advice regarding this? As it looks like they have begun processing it, is this likely to affect my refund and the application itself? I need to have this resolved by 25th June, or my application will be rejected as invalid.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Withdrawn application being processed instead of correct one

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:37 pm

It seems the application was not withdrawn even though you requested this. If you had a valid visa on 9 March when you applied again, I would say it is a non-issue even if they reject that first application as invalid. I suggest to contact the UKVI and tell them you withdrew the application previously
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

BloodLemming
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Withdrawn application being processed instead of correct one

Post by BloodLemming » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:15 am

Finally managed to get through to UKVI and explained the situation. I was told that, as you've said, it is a non-issue and that the original application will be rejected as invalid and the refund will come through in due course, and that it won't affect the second application.

It sounds as though the issue is that when I applied the second time, I answered 'No' to the question about having any other visa applications in progress. As I'd had confirmation that the initial application had been cancelled, I assumed that meant there were no longer any other existing applications.

The lady on the phone confirmed that there's nothing more I can do at the moment, so it's just a waiting game. Which is fine - I've applied for visas before, so I know how that bit goes.

Thank you for your help, Zimba :)

BloodLemming
Newly Registered
South Africa

Refund for withdrawn application

Post by BloodLemming » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:52 am

Hi all,

I withdrew an application due to an error and resubmitted directly afterwards. My biometrics were never enrolled for the first application, so the application fee should not have been applied (although I am aware there would be a small amount deducted for processing fees). This was in early March. My ILR was approved in June, and the week after that I received an email to confirm that my first application had been withdrawn per my request. I still haven't received a refund, but I'm not sure who to call to escalate this. Calling the helpline isn't very useful, as the staff can't access any personal information and can only give the standard advice (basically, just wait for it), and my initial email querying the refund never received a response (I sent it in May, and the stated 20 working day response time has definitely elapsed).

Does anyone have any contact details that are likely to result in a more speedy response? Given that the application was withdrawn on 9 March and it's now almost 6 months later, there should have been some movement on this.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Refund for withdrawn application

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:05 am

BloodLemming wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:52 am
Hi all,

I withdrew an application due to an error and resubmitted directly afterwards. My biometrics were never enrolled for the first application, so the application fee should not have been applied (although I am aware there would be a small amount deducted for processing fees). This was in early March. My ILR was approved in June, and the week after that I received an email to confirm that my first application had been withdrawn per my request. I still haven't received a refund, but I'm not sure who to call to escalate this. Calling the helpline isn't very useful, as the staff can't access any personal information and can only give the standard advice (basically, just wait for it), and my initial email querying the refund never received a response (I sent it in May, and the stated 20 working day response time has definitely elapsed).

Does anyone have any contact details that are likely to result in a more speedy response? Given that the application was withdrawn on 9 March and it's now almost 6 months later, there should have been some movement on this.
IHSrefunds@homeoffice.gov.uk

While it says automatic, some times if you don't contact them you don't get refund.

BloodLemming
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by BloodLemming » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:17 am

Thank you, I'll give that a go. Do you know roughly how long the response turnaround is? When I emailed the Home Office in mid-May, they were giving a response time of 20 working days, but I only received a reply in mid-July...

BloodLemming
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by BloodLemming » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:27 am

Ugh. Emailed them and received an automatic response advising that this email address is only for healthcare workers. And calling the helpline doesn't get me through to anyone - it rings and then just says "Your call cannot be completed at this time" and cuts off. Is it so impossible to get through to an actual human?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:28 am

It has been repeated several times on this forum that the refunds are automatic. :!: Ther are processed weeks after a a decision is made on your new application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:28 am
It has been repeated several times on this forum that the refunds are automatic. :!: Ther are processed weeks after a a decision is made on your new application
I am not sure how automatic it is, personal example of getting refunds only after contacting the IHS team months after.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:54 pm

BloodLemming wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:27 am
Ugh. Emailed them and received an automatic response advising that this email address is only for healthcare workers. And calling the helpline doesn't get me through to anyone - it rings and then just says "Your call cannot be completed at this time" and cuts off. Is it so impossible to get through to an actual human?
Try

ihsserviceteam@homeoffice.gov.uk