ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI - Escalating EUSS family permit application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Proxy Marriage Situation

Post by Davy888 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:00 am

Hi,

I've just been reading a thread on proxy marriage and how the Home Office deals with it.

Is proxy marriage an automatic refusal? I understand under European law that this is acceptable.

I am married under proxy. This is purely the fact that I have been unable to marry my wife for a year due to the pandemic and travel restriction.

We followed the law under Saudi and we have thr official registered marriage certificate which is also translated by the company under the UKVI list.

Should I be concerned that my wife's application will be refused??

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: Proxy Marriage Situation

Post by Davy888 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:29 am

Just to confirm our details:
- I am a Dutch National
- My wife is a Yemeni national and is a Saudi Resident
- She has a birth certificate confirming her birth in Saudi
- our relationship began in 2019 and I went to see her in person in January 2020. I have no pictures with her, but I bought a number of gifts for her.
- We've been chatting and calling each other a lot.
- We've had a number of attempts to marry in person but they all failed due to travel restrictions and lockdowns
- I've sent dowry in December 2020
- our proxy marriage took place on 28th March. This was when we realised the travel restriction won't be eased anytime soon before the end of June 2021

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by Davy888 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:19 pm

Please can someone advise me if the above is acceptable to UKVI?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:13 pm

As your marriage took place in March of this year, she will not qualify under the withdrawal agreement unless you can show you have been in a durable relationship and provide evidence of same.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by Davy888 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:34 pm

OK understood. I have provided chats, visit in Saudi and also money transfers. The transfers were for the dowhry in 2020. I also have declaration from my uncle who has been with me to visit my wife and her family. Would that be enough?

Also culturally, having a relationship with someone in Saudi is only acceptable if marriage is the goal. I don't know if that is sufficient,

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:06 am

Davy888 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:34 pm
Also culturally, having a relationship with someone in Saudi is only acceptable if marriage is the goal. I don't know if that is sufficient,
Doubt it.

A "durable relationship" is generally interpreted as having lived together as a couple, with shared finances, etc, for a period of at least two years, though other factors, such as having a child together, can also be taken into consideration.

A boyfriend-girlfriend/dating relationship that may lead to marriage is not, to the best of my knowledge, seen as a durable relationship.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

UKVI - Escalating EUSS family permit application

Post by Davy888 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:03 pm

Hi,

I have requested for a progress update for my euss family permit application.

We have submitted the application on 22nd April and my wife has had her Biometric appointment on 2nd May

The team have responded to say that it is in process, awaiting a decision and I am offered that this can be escalated because it has passed the time frame.

He has reassured me that it won't have any negative effect to my application. Can I trust this and go ahead with getting it escalated, even though it hasn't technically passed 12 week mark?

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: UKVI - Escalating EUSS family permit application

Post by Davy888 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:46 am

UPDATE - I contacted the UKVI contact centre and they have confirmed that the application had been decided.

We haven't received any decision letter yet. Do we know how long this will take?

burhanahmad
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by burhanahmad » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Hi Davy888,

Can you please let me know what communication method you used ?
if you can please paste link that will be great.

Regards,
Burhan

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by Davy888 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:38 pm

I sent a paid email to the contact centre in the morning and they responded very quickly.

Tomorrow my other half will visit the application centre about the passport.

Here is their response.

Application status is Decided.

We are unable to see what the decision is.
The next step is to wait for the decision letter and supporting documents.
We are unable to advise, track or give any information pertaining to passports as we have no contact with them at any stage on the visa application process. You will need to contact your visa application centre for help regarding passports.

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by Davy888 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:31 pm

Please can someone help me understand how EUSS family permit process works with the decision.

We contacted the UKVI contact centre via email last week and they confirmed a decision has been made.

If it's a refusal, don't they usually send it via email? Or will the refusal letter be in physical paper and sent to you with the passport? If so, we might not know the results for a long time.

This is significant because it's driving us crazy not knowing what's going on and when we will receive our passport.

burhanahmad
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by burhanahmad » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:30 pm

Hi Davy888,

It is frustrating as I also contacted UKVI through paid email and this is the response I got

'We are currently unable to provide a time frame on processing family permit visas due to the high volume of applications'

So nothing can be said about process as in when documents will arrive.

Davy888
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by Davy888 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:34 pm

It seems as though there are quite few of us who are stuck with no time frame or details about the final process of receiving the passport/ knowing what the decision is.

I will try using the paid call tomorrow morning and then contact my local MP for support.