ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guidance on Citizenship ceremony and Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sams4u29
India

Guidance on Citizenship ceremony and Passport Application

Post by sams4u29 » Mon May 24, 2021 9:45 am

Hi Team

I have a question related to the rules/Penalties involved

1)How many days "Grace period" does a person have before he needs to apply for a British Citizenship after completing the Ceremony(post Naturalization approval) i.e; should the British passport be applied with in few days or can I wait until few months before I apply for British passport?

2)what are the fees/penalties involved if a person (after becoming British with Naturalization/ceremony/British Passport) tries to travel to home country with original & British Passport (without surrendering Indian Passport) and hold 2 passports?

Can someone please clarify

Thanks
Sam

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Guidance on Citizenship ceremony and Passport Application

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 24, 2021 10:02 am

sams4u29 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:45 am
Hi Team

I have a question related to the rules/Penalties involved

1)How many days "Grace period" does a person have before he needs to apply for a British Citizenship after completing the Ceremony(post Naturalization approval) i.e; should the British passport be applied with in few days or can I wait until few months before I apply for British passport?
Apply any time you wish - there is no obligation on a British citizen to apply for a passport.
2)what are the fees/penalties involved if a person (after becoming British with Naturalization/ceremony/British Passport) tries to travel to home country with original & British Passport (without surrendering Indian Passport) and hold 2 passports?
There are no fee from the UK side, you are free to carry both or more passports if you wish. Can't comment on Indian passport surrender.
Can someone please clarify

Thanks
Sam
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sams4u29
India

Re: Guidance on Citizenship ceremony and Passport Application

Post by sams4u29 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:51 pm

Many Thanks for the reply