ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancé visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Haliasidd
Newly Registered

Fiancé visa

Post by Haliasidd » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I’ve recently came across this forum and I hope somebody might be able to offer advice on my current situation.

I am a British national and my fiancé is an Afghan national. We’ve known each other for a couple years and got engaged recently. We were planning to get married this year, but when COVID hit, our plans were delayed.

He is currently in Afghanistan and our intention is to apply for a Fiancé Visa as soon as possible. I’ve checked the information provided about a Fiancé visa on the GOV.UK website however it isn’t very clear about the process and requirements.

My question is: has anybody been in this position or went through the process of applying for a fiancé visa when their partner is living abroad and has some clarity on the process and requirements. I would appreciate any help and advice.

Nadbo

Re: Fiancé visa

Post by Nadbo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:02 am

Haliasidd wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:49 pm
Hello everyone,

I’ve recently came across this forum and I hope somebody might be able to offer advice on my current situation.

I am a British national and my fiancé is an Afghan national. We’ve known each other for a couple years and got engaged recently. We were planning to get married this year, but when COVID hit, our plans were delayed.

He is currently in Afghanistan and our intention is to apply for a Fiancé Visa as soon as possible. I’ve checked the information provided about a Fiancé visa on the GOV.UK website however it isn’t very clear about the process and requirements.

My question is: has anybody been in this position or went through the process of applying for a fiancé visa when their partner is living abroad and has some clarity on the process and requirements. I would appreciate any help and advice.
Hi,

My partner has just arrived in the UK on a fiancé visa. We applied from Pakistan, biometrics date was 10th Feb and took 60wd for the decision.
The requirements are the same as a spouse visa, instead of proof of marriage it requires proof of intention to marry, for which I submitted the appointment for the notice of marriage you have to give in order to marry in the UK.

6 months payslips (if with same employer for 6 months or more, 12 if less than 6 months in that employment)
6 months bank statement.
Employment letter
Adequate accommodation proof.
Relationship proof (have to have met in person at least once) - whatsapp chats/call logs, flights to meet him, gift/money transfer receipts, photos together etc

He got a 6 month visa to enter the country, we will get married and then apply for FLR(M) before the fiancé visa expires.
No IHS fees as they aren’t entitled on a 6 month visa.

Hope this helps.

Haliasidd
Newly Registered

Post by Haliasidd » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:12 pm

First of all thanks a lot for your reply. I have a lot more clarification after reading about your experience, however I have a couple more questions and I would highly appreciate if you could get back to me.

1. I’m not entirely sure on what a notice of marriage (which you mentioned is a form of proof for intention to marry) is and where I can get it from. Can you please tell me a little bit more about that process?

2. I meet all the other requirements for proof of relationship however the last time I travelled to see my fiancé was about 1 and a half years ago. I was planning to travel again this year but due to the restrictions on travel amid the pandemic my plans had to be cancelled. Do you think that would cause an issue of any sort?

Thanks again for your helpful reply.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Haliasidd wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:12 pm
First of all thanks a lot for your reply. I have a lot more clarification after reading about your experience, however I have a couple more questions and I would highly appreciate if you could get back to me.

1. I’m not entirely sure on what a notice of marriage (which you mentioned is a form of proof for intention to marry) is and where I can get it from. Can you please tell me a little bit more about that process? This is the notice you give at the registry

2. I meet all the other requirements for proof of relationship however the last time I travelled to see my fiancé was about 1 and a half years ago. I was planning to travel again this year but due to the restrictions on travel amid the pandemic my plans had to be cancelled. Do you think that would cause an issue of any sort? It should not be an issue as the extenuating circumstances of covid-19 well known. Other evidence of ongoing communication should suffice for the relationship as ongoing.b

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:15 pm

Haliasidd wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:12 pm

1. I’m not entirely sure on what a notice of marriage (which you mentioned is a form of proof for intention to marry) is and where I can get it from. Can you please tell me a little bit more about that process?

2. I meet all the other requirements for proof of relationship however the last time I travelled to see my fiancé was about 1 and a half years ago. I was planning to travel again this year but due to the restrictions on travel amid the pandemic my plans had to be cancelled. Do you think that would cause an issue of any sort?

1. Proof of intention to get married can be provisional bookings with registry office although some registry office do not book any provisional bookings unless the other partner is present in the UK so correspondence from them can also be shown as proof of intention to get married in the UK, Enquiries with catering, DJ, venues are all accepted and you are not required to book anything with them.

2. This is not a problem as long as both of you have met and you can show evidence of genuine and subsisting relationship while you are both apart so this can be in form of means of communication.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.