ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Making money by Medium blog under Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dlk12
Newly Registered
Mood:
Korea South

Making money by Medium blog under Tier 2

Post by dlk12 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:19 pm

Hello,

I'm working in the UK under Tier2 visa.

I love writing and want to start Medium blog about what I learned from my work and share any tips related to the work I do.
I want to sign up to Medium Partner Program, which is a program that a writer can get some money based on blog visitors' reading times etc. and I need to submit taxpayer information in order to sign up.

I guess this would be then “Supplementary employment” and should be 'in the same profession and at the same professional level as the job for which the person is being sponsored' from the visa guidance.

I am wondering if writing blogs that are related to my work can be considered as 'in the same level of profession'?
Or I won't be allowed to make money from writing blog articles on Medium because I'm not sponsored in a role equivalent to a writer?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Oin77
Newly Registered
India

Re: Making money by Medium blog under Tier 2

Post by Oin77 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:06 am

I have the same question. I work as a Technology Marketer and am passionate about writing and wish to keep blogging while I'm in the UK.
If you have received an answer please could you let me know