ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport application for a new born

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NGIR
Newly Registered
Nigeria

British passport application for a new born

Post by NGIR » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:05 am

Hi all,

I hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

I have a baby that was born in UK this June and I will like to apply for the baby's British passport.

One of the parents has obtained his ILR prior to the birth of the baby.

Here are my question -
just started the application and series of question were asked

- Do you have naturalisation or registration certificate which my answer was NO - I guess my baby is automatically a British and I just need to apply for the baby's passport is this right?

- Did either of the parents have settled status from the EU settlement scheme when your were born - my answer was NO as both parents are non-EU with one of them in possession of ILR.

However, going forward there was no provision in the application where I can indicate the Parent ILR status which qualifies the baby as a British.

Is it ok/normal to submit the application without including such vital information in the main application (would the supporting documents- ILR card, birth certificate, marriage certificate cover for this)

I would appreciate if someone can comment on the above question.

Thanks in advance for your help- much appreciated