ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employed and self-employed at the same time

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

whiteflower
Newly Registered

Questions about application

Post by whiteflower » Mon May 10, 2021 4:29 pm

Good afternoon,

I think my personal circumstances are pretty straight forward for the application but I have some questions. Just a bit of background - I am EEA citizen and I have settlement for over a year now. I am in UK for more than 5 years, since I came it took me about month and a half to prepare my documents (NIN and bank account) and to find job so since February 2016 I have always been employed.

My questions so far are:
1) Are my p60s going to be enough as documents to proof how long I have been here and that I have been working or I will need employer letters and payslips too?
2) I had fixed penalty notice back in October 2018 as apparently my bin bag was taken out at the wrong time but this was not correct so I have contacted them to explain and they have agreed not to charge me anything. Also my name was spelt wrongly on the penalty notice. So do I have to mention this in my application as I believe it is not worth it?
3) I have a partner I live with so I have tick Unmarried partner but then for Partner details at another section it says to provide details of civil partner, husband or wife. So as we are not married and we are not in a civil relationship I believe I should skip this part and not fill out any details about my partner is that right?
4) at Residence requirements - section 2.6 is to state on what basis I was in UK and as I was working and Ive already put full details about employment at another section it says I should skip putting this details again. It also says to put when I was granted Pre-settlement but I have been granted Settlement right away. So my question is what do I put at section 2.6? I just wrote the day Ive been working from so From 2/02/2016 - To: current - worker and see section 1.50. I think this should be clear and it does not look like I have to put details for settlement but please let me know if I am wrong.
5) On the last section "Declaration" do I have to tick everything from 7.4 as for example 7.8 is for photocopy of a spouse or civil partner and again I don't have one so I do not tick this box right?

I think these are my main questions. I have tried to find answers to some of them but it looks like circumstances are different for everyone so I thought it is better to post a new topic for my case.

Thanks everyone in advance for your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Questions about application

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 10, 2021 4:43 pm

whiteflower wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:29 pm
Good afternoon,

I think my personal circumstances are pretty straight forward for the application but I have some questions. Just a bit of background - I am EEA citizen and I have settlement for over a year now. I am in UK for more than 5 years, since I came it took me about month and a half to prepare my documents (NIN and bank account) and to find job so since February 2016 I have always been employed.

My questions so far are:
1) Are my p60s going to be enough as documents to proof how long I have been here and that I have been working or I will need employer letters and payslips too?
P60s are enough
2) I had fixed penalty notice back in October 2018 as apparently my bin bag was taken out at the wrong time but this was not correct so I have contacted them to explain and they have agreed not to charge me anything. Also my name was spelt wrongly on the penalty notice. So do I have to mention this in my application as I believe it is not worth it?
No
3) I have a partner I live with so I have tick Unmarried partner but then for Partner details at another section it says to provide details of civil partner, husband or wife. So as we are not married and we are not in a civil relationship I believe I should skip this part and not fill out any details about my partner is that right?
Provide the details and mention at the end of the form in the notes that you are unmarried partners
4) at Residence requirements - section 2.6 is to state on what basis I was in UK and as I was working and Ive already put full details about employment at another section it says I should skip putting this details again. It also says to put when I was granted Pre-settlement but I have been granted Settlement right away. So my question is what do I put at section 2.6? I just wrote the day Ive been working from so From 2/02/2016 - To: current - worker and see section 1.50. I think this should be clear and it does not look like I have to put details for settlement but please let me know if I am wrong.
5) On the last section "Declaration" do I have to tick everything from 7.4 as for example 7.8 is for photocopy of a spouse or civil partner and again I don't have one so I do not tick this box right?

Q4-5.. Are you filling the online form??

I think these are my main questions. I have tried to find answers to some of them but it looks like circumstances are different for everyone so I thought it is better to post a new topic for my case.

Thanks everyone in advance for your help.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

whiteflower
Newly Registered

Post by whiteflower » Mon May 10, 2021 4:57 pm

Hi Cullinan,

Thank you for your quick response and helping me out.

I have only downloaded AN form from Jan 2021 and I am filling it to see if I have all required documents and I can meet all criteria and then I will officially request and submit the online form. Is there a difference with the online application actually?

Also in this AN form I am just reading about what documents I will need for each section. At section 3 to proof my lawful residence in the past 5 years I need my passportS or letters from employers etc. I only had one passport during this time so is that going to be enough?
And then at section 4 as I do not have permanent residence card I need to provide evidence that I have been in UK in accordance with EEA regulations for a period of 5 years - I presume p60s would be enough evidence is this right?

And about my question 1 from the previous post - in my first year I was employed and self employed at the same time. Do I have to also add my Self Assessment or p60 should be enough to proof I have been employed during the last 5 years?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 10, 2021 4:59 pm

You should fill the online form. You can run a dummy application, save/edit and submit later when you want. The online form adapts to your answers accordingly. I would advise not to fill the paper form.
Come back with specific questions when you fill the online form.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an

Also see FYI:
british-citizenship/steps-to-follow-aft ... 14359.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

whiteflower
Newly Registered

Post by whiteflower » Mon May 10, 2021 7:51 pm

Alright, I am on it and it seems as you say more adapted and pretty straight forward. I will see if I have any questions. Thank you!

whiteflower
Newly Registered

Post by whiteflower » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:29 am

Hi there,

I am filling my online application form and at the part of Employment status I put that I am employed and where I have been working in the last years. At one of my jobs I have been at the same working place etc but the name of the company changed so I have added it as 2 different employments with same working address but different Employer name. Is that right?
Also at one of the jobs I have been with one position first and that has changed to another one later on so I just put the last position - is that going to be alright?

And the last question - I have been working as self-employed once I have arrived in UK for couple of months and I was also employed at the same time. Do I also add self-employed job into Employment details or where?

Thank you :wink:

whiteflower
Newly Registered

Post by whiteflower » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:55 am

Also I must have been in the UK on the first day of my 5-year qualifying period. I have had a holiday 5 years ago between 20th June until 7th of July. I was planning to submit my application in the next couple of days. Does it mean it would be better to submit it after 7th-8th of July this year so I qualify for this period?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:28 am

whiteflower wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:55 am
Also I must have been in the UK on the first day of my 5-year qualifying period. I have had a holiday 5 years ago between 20th June until 7th of July. I was planning to submit my application in the next couple of days. Does it mean it would be better to submit it after 7th-8th of July this year so I qualify for this period?
Yes. This is a mandatory requirement that the Home Office has no discretion to disregard.

Apply either before 18th June or on or after 7th July.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

whiteflower
Newly Registered

Post by whiteflower » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:42 pm

Alright I will submit my application today or tomorrow then. It says I have to proof that physically I have been here 5 yrs ago on the day I submit the application. How can I proof that? I haven’t made any transactions exactly on 17th 18th 19th of June 2016.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:47 pm

You do not have to submit proof of physical presence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

whiteflower
Newly Registered

Post by whiteflower » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:42 pm

You must have been physically present in the UK exactly 5 years before the Home Office receives your application. Your application may be rejected if you cannot prove this.

What does it mean then? Or it is for someone who did not have address, NIN etc?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:13 pm

UKVI do their own checks and you have to declare your absences in the form.

No physical proof needs to be submitted proving you were physically present.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

whiteflower
Newly Registered

Post by whiteflower » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:32 pm

Alright, that is great. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Could you help me with my previous question please?

I have been working as self-employed as well in UK for couple of months while I was also employed. How do I add this to my application? I believe it is under Employment details.
There is no option to specify that this was self-employment and it is asking for Employer name and address - so do I just add the name of the place I worked as self-employed?

whiteflower
Newly Registered

Post by whiteflower » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:10 pm

I have just read in another forum that if I have been working at different places at the same period I only need to give details for the main job etc my employment so I guess I would not need to mention my self-employment in this case.

Also Home office receives my application once I go through the biometric appointment and upload all documents or they mean the online application before the biometric one and the uploaded documents?

whiteflower
Newly Registered

Post by whiteflower » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:30 pm

I could not edit my previous post but I have read in one of the links posted earlier in my thread that the application is received by Home offices once it is paid and submitted and then biometric appointment is separate so that question in answered.
I have the details of the referees and I added them in my online form but from what I see I will need declaration as well with my photo and they will have to sign. Can I submit my application and then sort out the form later on? I saw somewhere that Ive got about 45 days to submit my documents and to book the biometric appointment - is this right?

whiteflower
Newly Registered

Employed and self-employed at the same time

Post by whiteflower » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:28 pm

Hi there, for couple of months I have been employed and self-employed at 2 different jobs. How do I add the self-employment to my empoyment details in the application as it is asking me for employer name and address and I haven’t been really employed at the place Ive been self-employed.
If I do not mention it but Home Office sees my Self assessment tax return they would question it why I haven’t mentioned it I guess?
Thank you