ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maxmiliano
Newly Registered

Got visa

Post by maxmiliano » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:08 am

Visa Type : PBS Tier -1 General (Fresh Application)

Applied Date: 19 Sep 2008
Integra Check: no idea
Status change in VFS website: Processed application delivered to Blue Dart on 08 Oct 2008
Passport with VISA: Received on 11th Oct 2008 (visa valid upto 2012)

Still haven't come out of shock at the quick turn-around time. All the best to everyone.

RPS2008
Newly Registered

Availability of Funds prrof

Post by RPS2008 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:57 pm

Can somebody clarify me whether I need to submit maintenace proof of GBP2800 at the initial application .Can it be done after Initial application. I am confused with Entry clearance. Has it to be taken once hsmp approval letter is received. Please help me on this

jimmylau8080

Post by jimmylau8080 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:26 pm

Application Type: WP -> Tier 1 ( General )
Applied From: UK

Posted Application: August 30th 2008
Payment Taken: Sept 1st
Confirmation Letter Dated: Sept 3rd
Assigned to case worker: Oct 1st

I just called HO on Thursday 9 Oct 2008. The customer service seam the phone pass to someone. Guess what that guy says, he says the application is going smooth, will be ready approximately a couple of weeks.

Does it means application approved?

I called one day later. Twice I get the answer 'under consideration'. I a bit confuse now!

itguy_uk

Post by itguy_uk » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:57 pm

nits wrote:Hi All

I applied for Tier1 HSMP general on 1 September , I have received by stamped passport and papers today , it was very pleasant surprise as home system tele still says they are processing application received till 29th August .

Switching from Work Permit to Tier-1 (General)
Applied from UK on 01-09-2008
Reference letter date : 02-09-2008
Payment detected : 02-09-2008
Stamped Passport and Papers received : 09-10-2008

Thanks all for posting very useful information . All the best for ppls waiting for reply .
Hi,

Thanks for the information mate. I am just wondering if HO called your employer during the consideration process or not ?

Regards,
itguy_uk
Applied from UK on 21-08-2008
Applied received on 22-08-2008
Reference letter date : 26-08-2008
Payment detected : 27-08-2008
Result : Still under consideration :(

itguy_uk

Post by itguy_uk » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:40 am

itguy_uk wrote:
nits wrote:Hi All

I applied for Tier1 HSMP general on 1 September , I have received by stamped passport and papers today , it was very pleasant surprise as home system tele still says they are processing application received till 29th August .

Applied from UK on 01-09-2008
Reference letter date : 02-09-2008
Payment detected : 02-09-2008
Stamped Passport and Papers received : 09-10-2008

Thanks all for posting very useful information . All the best for ppls waiting for reply .
Hi,

Thanks for the information mate. I am just wondering if HO called your employer during the consideration process or not ?

The Home Office answering machine has moved to 29th Sep.

Regards,
itguy_uk
Result : Still under consideration :(

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:55 am

I called HO today because I wanted to send additional documents, and to my happiness and horror, my case has been assigned to a case worker so I can't send in the documents. I applied on 16th Sept,

I'm really surprised! I thought they would reach my case in 2 weeks time. Luckily I picked up most of the calls in the office so I'll monitor if HO calls my employer. Got one call today for my employer, should have taken the message :(

WP -> Tier 1
Applying in UK
Applied 16 Sept
Deducted: 16 Sept
Letter: 16 Sept

waitinggame
Newly Registered

Post by waitinggame » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:28 am

Hi,

I have applied for IGS --> Tier 1 General.

Applied: 02 September
Received by HO: 03 September
Assigned to CW: 29 September

If you could please tell me once it reaches the CW how long does it take to get resolved. Also they havent contacted my employer for verifying the details . Is this normal. Please help.

Best Regards

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:37 am

i think they only contact your employer if they have reason to question your payslips or employment. I don't think they call EVERYONE'S employer as that would probably be in thousands

waitinggame
Newly Registered

Post by waitinggame » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:40 am

That sounds positive. But is it normal that they take 3 weeks if they find everything straight forward with an application. Just a bit too curious as I thought my application was straight forward considering all my documents are from UK.

And also have you heard/read of anyone who has called HO and they have replied with a status: Documents sent back... Or does it remain as "under consideration" even when the case is being decided... Again a bit curious and hopeful

Thanks

Best Regards
Last edited by waitinggame on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:41 am

I have also applied for IGS-- Tier 1 General
Applied = 6th sep
Recevied by HO = 9th sep
Payment Deduction = 9th sep
Confirmation Letter = 10th sep
Today i gave a call to HO and the guy told me that my case assign to caseworker on 6th oct and still is underconsideration :(

quote="waitinggame"]Hi,

I have applied for IGS --> Tier 1 General.

Applied: 02 September
Received by HO: 03 September
Assigned to CW: 29 September

If you could please tell me once it reaches the CW how long does it take to get resolved. Also they havent contacted my employer for verifying the details . Is this normal. Please help.

Best Regards[/quote]
AZ

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:49 am

i think i read some in the documents that they will wait 4 weeks to verify a document. Someone can confirm or unconfirm that.

Mine was allocated on the 10th Sept

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:49 am

i meant 10th of Oct

waitinggame
Newly Registered

Post by waitinggame » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi,

Was wondering if someone got the application approved in september end and got their passport in october. And called HO in between the passport being stamped and receiving it back and got reply from customer rep that your application is still being considered.

Best Regards

senspreet1
Newly Registered

Got IT

Post by senspreet1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:04 pm

My Timelines:

WP -> Tier1 (General)
Applied: 17-Aug-08
Received: 19-Aug-08
Payment Taken: 19-Aug-08 (UK Postal Order)
Confirmation letter for Payment Taken: 25-Aug-08
Stamped: 25-Sep-08 - Valid for 3 years
Passport Received: 10-Oct-08

Thanks a lot for this forum members!!!!

waitinggame
Newly Registered

Post by waitinggame » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi Senspreet,

Congratulations. Did you call HO between 24 September and 10 October. And if you did what was their reply please.

Best Regards

itguy_uk

Post by itguy_uk » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:58 pm

waitinggame wrote:Hi Senspreet,

Congratulations. Did you call HO between 24 September and 10 October. And if you did what was their reply please.

Best Regards
Hi all,

Those who have got their Tier-1 approved and received the docs, Did you call HO between the stamping date and docs received date ?

Here is my details,

Assigned to the CW : 22-09-2008
Result : Still under consoderation.

When i called HO last week, i have been told that my application was in final stages. But when i called today, "It is still under consideration" :o

And also i have seen in one of posts here that, even after receiving the docs back with approval, the HO still says that application is still under consideration....Ridiculous..

Has any one got such response from Home Office even after getting their docs back with approval ?

Regards,
itguy_uk

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:31 pm

someone on trackitt with applied within the UK on the 9th of Sept said that they got an email from their case worker saying that the decision has been made and that his/her documents will be sent out. The case worker did not let him/her know the results but its good to know that they are starting to finalisie cases submitted on the 9th Sept

senspreet1
Newly Registered

Post by senspreet1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:39 pm

always the reply will be "under consideration"
but to me knowldege 35 to 40 working days they are taking for the application posted in UK once the payment is cleared.

waitinggame
Newly Registered

Post by waitinggame » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi Senspreet,

Thanks for your reply.
So being curious again, did they tell your application was under consideration even when your passport was being stamped ie after 25th Spetember

Best Regards

itguy_uk

Post by itguy_uk » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:15 pm

senspreet1 wrote:always the reply will be "under consideration"
but to me knowldege 35 to 40 working days they are taking for the application posted in UK once the payment is cleared.

Thanks a lot senspreet1. I can't really understand the way HO works..Ridiculous

I feel my case is pretty straight forward. I have checked up with my current and previous company HR peoples who have stamped and signed on my payslips. They have not a received any call from Home Office till date.

Switching from Work Permit to Tier-1 (General) without dependents

Few of the documents i submitted were from UK and few were from India.

Qualification (Masters in Engg.) - From India
Earnings - 9 months payslips and bank statements from UK and for the remaining 3 months from India.

The only concern is that i worked with 3 employers in the 12 months period for which i have claimed points for my earnings. I don't think this is really going to delay my application.

But still wondering why the hell it is taking quite long time.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards,
itguy_uk

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi itguy_uk,

I fully understand your frustration as I am on a same boat as you. HO mentioned on 22-09-2008 that they have passed my documents to case worker and I have still not received anything back. I would like to believe that my case is very straight forward as all my documents are from UK. I have submitted all my documents in separate folders with a covering letters etc. So can’t understand the delay?

Infect, I will go as far as saying that my case should not take more then a day to decide! :? Like you, I am keeping my finger crossed & hoping for good news but HO way of working is very annoying / frustrating to say the least. :(

Regards
Jay4you
itguy_uk wrote:
Thanks a lot senspreet1. I can't really understand the way HO works..Ridiculous

I feel my case is pretty straight forward. I have checked up with my current and previous company HR peoples who have stamped and signed on my payslips. They have not a received any call from Home Office till date.

Switching from Work Permit to Tier-1 (General) without dependents

Few of the documents i submitted were from UK and few were from India.

Qualification (Masters in Engg.) - From India
Earnings - 9 months payslips and bank statements from UK and for the remaining 3 months from India.

The only concern is that i worked with 3 employers in the 12 months period for which i have claimed points for my earnings. I don't think this is really going to delay my application.

But still wondering why the hell it is taking quite long time.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards,
itguy_uk

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:05 pm

itguy_uk wrote: When i called HO last week, i have been told that my application was in final stages. But when i called today, "It is still under consideration"
Thats wht exactly happend to me, i applied in june and i am still waiting. dnt even try and understand how HO works. its just crazy. Just completed 4months from the time i applied for tier1.

dnt have any other option than just to wait. my docs are from uk only like previous earnings and degree and they havent contacted either my uni or employer till today. dnt know whts going on, people who applied in SEPT are already getting there docs back and people who applied in May-June are waiting. I havent even called them for a month as there is no point, i know the naswer they v got for me........... " UNDER CONSIDERATION "

May god help us all................. Hate to be in such a HELPLESS situation!!

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:29 pm

grant - from my understand tier 1 and hsmp (before 30 June) are processed differently, therefore the processing time is different

If you applied before 30 June your case is getting processed with the 'old' hsmp visas, therefore in theory your waiting time is longer because there are cases from the beginning-middle of the year that are not assessed yet.

For people who applied after 30 June their case are assessed by different case workers and in theory, the turn around time should be quicker as 'oldest' application would be on the 1st of July.

I hope that makes sense. It's what HO explained to me

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:30 pm

that may also explain why Sept applicants are getting their documents back and May/June applicants are still waiting as they are at the END of the old hsmp queue

itguy_uk

Post by itguy_uk » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:38 pm

JESSIES wrote:grant - from my understand tier 1 and hsmp (before 30 June) are processed differently, therefore the processing time is different

If you applied before 30 June your case is getting processed with the 'old' hsmp visas, therefore in theory your waiting time is longer because there are cases from the beginning-middle of the year that are not assessed yet.

For people who applied after 30 June their case are assessed by different case workers and in theory, the turn around time should be quicker as 'oldest' application would be on the 1st of July.

I hope that makes sense. It's what HO explained to me

That really makes sense. I totally agree with you JESSIES

Regards,
itguy_uk