ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ElmWey
Newly Registered
Algeria

ILR Application

Post by ElmWey » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:54 am

Hi, can someone help with this query please.

My Tier 2 (5 years SET 0) visa stamp date was mid Sept 2016, and I travelled to UK last day of Sept 2016. So I am due to apply for ILR this year, mid August 2021.

However, my wife and kids applied as my dependants afterwards in Dec 2016 and travelled to UK, 7 January 2017. Their Tier 2 dependant visa expires same day as mine, regardless of their visa issuance coming 3 months after mine, as they are tied to me.

My question now is, if I'm applying for ILR in mid August this year(as that's the due date for submission) are they eligible to be joined with me in the same application considering that they're short of 3months counting from when the got their visas plus arrival in UK. Meaning they have not spent fully 5 years (about 4yrs & 9 months) in UK by end of Sept 2021 however their visa still ends same Sept 2021 as tied to mine.

What's the best way to handle this? We haven't travelled much so are very okay with 180 days requirement.

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Application

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:50 am

No they can not apply with you that early. You may apply earlier and they apply later when eligible. Alternatively, you can all apply together later when they become eligible
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ElmWey
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by ElmWey » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:55 pm

Thank you very much Zimba

ElmWey
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by ElmWey » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 pm

Zimba, that means I have to extend their visa to cover the outstanding 3 months as their current VISA doesn't go beyond the 4years 9 months. It also means this will follow after I must have gotten my ILR (Fast Tracked), as they're my dependants.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:09 pm

Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ElmWey
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by ElmWey » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:29 am

Hi Zimba,

Would you know what visa I will extend my family on? Is it still Tier-2 visa or ILR dependants visa (on the assumption that my ILR application is successful) this August?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:35 am

Extend tier 2 dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:48 am

Just to add that Tier 2 does not exist anymore, it will be extended under the Skilled Worker Dependant visa
https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children

ElmWey
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by ElmWey » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:13 am

Great! Thank you so much

ElmWey
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by ElmWey » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:28 am

@zimba, I got my ILR yesterday. I want to say big thanks for your helps with regards to my questions. My warmest regards.