ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where to apply for Local Police Record

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered

Post by 218358 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:29 pm

Dear all,

Please i need your advice regards of where to apply for local police record as i will be applying ILR in June.Following a minor offence i remember signing a letter on the spot but the police officer didn't give me a copy or told me what it is, he just said i won't have a criminal record.Recently i have received a subject access request from ACRO which is all clear but wanted to check my local record on PND as well or please let me know if there is anywhere else i can request such information and how.Currently i live in London.

Thank you in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Where to apply for Local Police Record

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:51 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Newly Registered

Post by 218358 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:58 am

Dear CULLING,thank you so much for your quick reply.I visited the website and it suggests to apply ACRO subject access request which i did and came up with no record on PNC as i mentioned on my previous post,second it suggests to apply ACRO for police certificate and am about to do that but would the certificate include police local records?because it would be waste of £55 for the same result.Or is there any way to apply to ACRO for local police records.I couldn't find any help full information online.Please let me know if possible.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:59 pm

That is not necessary. ILR is only affected by recordable offences (offences where you can be imprisoned)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Newly Registered

Post by 218358 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:52 pm

Thank you so much Zimba for your swift reply, since there is no PNC record, is it necessary to mention the incident though? And last question, I have a refugee status and I couldn’t find any ILR application form to print out, please let me know if its only need to be done online. Thank you so much all again for your time and support.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:53 pm

It is online:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-p
Steps to follow after completing the form online.
Depending on your category, you will fill the appropriate form online:

Step 1: Pay fee and submit application via UKVI ONLINE. For SET(P) there is no fees in your case.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment with UKVCAS.

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4. You get 45 working days after submission.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment again - UKVCAS staff will do it for you).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload” separately.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.
Cullinan
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Newly Registered

Post by 218358 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:32 am

Dear CullInan,

Thank you so much and am grateful for your help guys.

Newly Registered

Post by 419373 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:41 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:59 pm
That is not necessary. ILR is only affected by recordable offences (offences where you can be imprisoned)
Dear all,

I forgot my old account password and tried to reset it but not received any e-mail.I sent you an e-mail before and today as well to help fixing it.I am the same account user(name:218358).I just want to be honest.

Please I need your help more than ever.As peace of mind I have applied for Police Certificate following my last post here.which came clear(No-Trace) also as I mentioned on my previous post my PNC Subject Access Request was also clear.I also applied later for my local police force (Metropolitan Police) subject access request
as a surprise It came up today with a community resolution which I haven't given a copy as I mentioned earlier, I remember signing a letter on spot in 2017 but not given anything.I already send my ILR application and my UKVCAS is in July.What shall I do please I need you advice more than ever.

Thank you all.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:15 pm

ONLY recordable convictions matter. This is now repeated again
Zimba wrote:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Newly Registered

Post by 419373 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:52 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:15 pm
ONLY recordable convictions matter. This is now repeated again
Zimba wrote:
I am sorry Zimba and all, I didn't meant to waste your time but my worry now is I didn't mention it on my application as i didn't know what it was and would it be a problem not mentioning it even if I don't have a recordable offence (PNC record) ?Is it necessary to disclose it with cover letter now when I do my biometrics please ? I am just over thinking thats all and wanted to avoid sleepless nights.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:06 pm

No, it is not required to be disclosed. You have been told this several times now :!: :!:

Newly Registered

Post by 419373 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:14 am

Zimba wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:06 pm
No, it is not required to be disclosed. You have been told this several times now :!: :!:
Thank you Zimaba and God bless all.