ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Professional Referee for Children

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iyadsalti

Professional Referee for Children

Post by iyadsalti » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:15 pm

Hi all,
Thank you in advance for your help.
I am planning to submit my (and my family) Naturalisation applications in August, after 1 year of ILR (T2G).
For the adults I managed to secure 2 referees. However, for the children (born out of UK), one of the referees required to be knowing them in a professional capacity.
My children go on weekends to an additional curriculum school to learn additional language. The school is registered but the teachers are all on volunteer basis. Many of the teachers are not teaching in their normal lives as a profession.
My question is, can the teachers/head teacher of this school be considered as professional referees?
Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Professional Referee for Children

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:42 pm

Contact the GP/health visitor/minister of religion/teacher etc first. If they refuse, add a cover letter and explain to HO. Arrange referees as per Adult criteria in that case. HO is not strict with referees in case of young children. Given corona, makes more understandable that parents can not be chasing GPs/health visitors but try first, otherwise explain in the cover letter.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

If HO is not happy with your referee they may ask for another one (less likely).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iyadsalti

Understanding SARU Trace

Post by iyadsalti » Tue May 18, 2021 1:23 pm

Hello friends,

I have a question please. I have done my wife's and my Home Office SARU before applying for BC. In my wife's file it showed that there is a "Persons Alert". When reading the details of it (very short paragraph), the date is actually the same date when my wife applied for a DBS (as she is a teacher), and it seemed to me that Home Office in response said "trace Yes", and they provided to police her immigration status, citizenship, etc...

BTW, we did a police SAR as well and all came "No Trace", and her DBS was clear obviously.

Is this something to be worried about? can/should we do anything in advance, or a cover letter?

Thank you!

iyadsalti

Post by iyadsalti » Tue May 18, 2021 9:28 pm

Can someone answer my previous question please?

iyadsalti

Post by iyadsalti » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:18 am

I have spoken with both GP and children’s school. Both said they are unable to be referees as their personal information such as passport NO. , etc… are required. I will get now the extra curriculum language teacher to be their referee and mention in cover letter that I tried main school teachers but they rejected. I hope this works.

Any other suggestions?
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:42 pm
Contact the GP/health visitor/minister of religion/teacher etc first. If they refuse, add a cover letter and explain to HO. Arrange referees as per Adult criteria in that case. HO is not strict with referees in case of young children. Given corona, makes more understandable that parents can not be chasing GPs/health visitors but try first, otherwise explain in the cover letter.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

If HO is not happy with your referee they may ask for another one (less likely).

Dox_nilam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Dox_nilam » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:25 pm

we are applying for British citizenship for our litteone.My child is less than two years old,he visited GP surgery for vaccination only. he hasnt started to go to Nursery.
I cant think of any other person who has professionally dealt with my littleone.
any one in the same boat?

Kabira118
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kabira118 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:03 pm

I’m also in same boat. My little one is 20 months old she is not going to nursery so no chance to get referee as teacher and tried with GP but they are not going to give any personal details although they agree to give me a letter saying my little one is register to this GP. But not sure what should I fill in the online form though
If anyone has any idea please do share.
TIA

Kabira118
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kabira118 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:36 pm

Experts...can someone please advice on this???
It’s been lot of days and we haven’t heard back anything. I’m just waiting for reply so I can proceed with application.
Please do the needful.

TIA