ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Settlement and Citizenship Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jb51214
Newly Registered

Family Settlement and Citizenship Question

Post by jb51214 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:55 pm

Circumstances:
I, my wife, and our <2 years old daughter had come to UK longer-term in May 2011. (Came from Pakistan, hence non-EEA etc). We all qualified for 10 years SET (LR) recently.

Current visa is T2(G) for me, and rest of family is PBS Dependant. Expiring in Oct 2023. [previously it was T2ICT post 2010 - hence no 5 years ILR route].

I have two more kids (aged 8 & 2) who were born in the UK.

Questions:
1. Am I right in thinking that Mrs & I apply our SET (LR)s and once we get ILRs, then I apply for British Citizenship directly for my two children born in the UK - without applying for their ILR.

2. My wife will also apply SET (LR), on her 10 years LR merit. To show that her stay on current visa was lawful i.e. she was my dependant all this time and lived with me. What sort of documents we shall add? Child birth certs, some bills showing her name, insurance policy with her name, etc. Or is there anything specific needed here that I am missing?

3. For my 11 years old daughter can I wait for Mrs' & mine possible British Citizenship by Oct 2023, and then apply for daughter's citizenship directly (i.e. without having her an ILR). [travel risks aside].

Thanks in advance for all the expert advice.

-JB

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family Settlement and Citizenship Question

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:14 pm

1. Correct.

2. None of these extra documents are required. Submit I my the mi inal documents for long residence ilr.

3. She needs ilr first as she was born abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jb51214
Newly Registered

Post by jb51214 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:05 am

Thank you CR001. Appreciate your quick response and helping me find the correct option.

PS:
I presumed the below typo (auto-correct perhaps)
"Submit I my the mi inal documents for long residence ilr."
as

"Submit the minimal documents for long residence ilr."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:51 am

Correct yes, ilr lr has minimal document requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jb51214
Newly Registered

Post by jb51214 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:21 pm

QQ: while filing SET (LR) online I have this question.
Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?
(Required)
If you have previously made an application to remain in the UK, you can find a reference number on letters from the Home Office, called 'Our Ref' or 'Case ID'. If not known, select 'No'.
Q: Do I need to enter my Tier 2 visa renewal application HO reference numbers (that are on HO visa acceptance letter) from the past years. Or does it mean something else?

thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:44 pm

Enter it if you know
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice