ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Days outside the UK query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

ILR Days outside the UK query

Post by traveller789654 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:23 pm

Hi all

I had a few queries regarding the absence letter from past employers.

1) Is it enough to just show leave start, leave end dates and the reason ? Or do we need to calculate the days outside UK as well ?

2) Suppose an employer has mentioned the date of leaving (which was a weekend) instead of the actual working day annual leave, is that ok ?

3) In case there is a difference in the expectation (between HO and employer) of which dates should be in this absence letter, is that acceptable ?

4) Also, suppose the employer has sent a letter where they have calculated the days outside UK for each leave, which include part days and weekends in the calculation, is that ok ? Suppose this is not the expectation, would the HO contact for clarification or flat out reject the application on this mistake ?

If there is a fixed format of which days should be part of the absence days list, can someone please share that with me and then I can send that out to the employer for including in their letters.

If they employer has already given the absence letter to me in a certain format, which suppose is incorrect or their calculation is incorrect on the 'days outside UK', then is it enough for me to just add a clarification letter and list the correct calculations ?

Lastly for the question 'When did you first enter the UK?', I was thinking of writing the date I landed in the UK (as per the question), although I am basing my application on the date my first Tier 2 visa was issued.
I arrived in the UK a couple of weeks after my Issue date and I am using the issue date to calculate my qualifying period. So should I answer this question with my issue date or actual arrival date ?

Thanks in advance

traveller789654
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR Days outside the UK query

Post by traveller789654 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:40 pm

Hi all

Just wanted to update that Ive got my ILR :) and I would like to share based on my experience regarding the questions I had asked below in case they help someone else in the future

1) Is it enough to just show leave start, leave end dates and the reason ? Or do we need to calculate the days outside UK as well ?
I created a cover letter with departure from UK date, arrival to UK date, whole days out side UK , whole days including weekends outside UK just to clarify the holidays based on my passport. This was because I was not sure if what the employer had given in their annual leave letter was clear enough. I dont know if this was essential but in the end it all worked out. Additionally I included the scan of all my passports all pages

2) Suppose an employer has mentioned the date of leaving (which was a weekend) instead of the actual working day annual leave, is that ok ?
As mentioned above, I just included a cover letter and tried to be as clear as possible

3) In case there is a difference in the expectation (between HO and employer) of which dates should be in this absence letter, is that acceptable ?

4) Also, suppose the employer has sent a letter where they have calculated the days outside UK for each leave, which include part days and weekends in the calculation, is that ok ? Suppose this is not the expectation, would the HO contact for clarification or flat out reject the application on this mistake ?

If there is a fixed format of which days should be part of the absence days list, can someone please share that with me and then I can send that out to the employer for including in their letters.

If they employer has already given the absence letter to me in a certain format, which suppose is incorrect or their calculation is incorrect on the 'days outside UK', then is it enough for me to just add a clarification letter and list the correct calculations ?

Lastly for the question 'When did you first enter the UK?', I was thinking of writing the date I landed in the UK (as per the question), although I am basing my application on the date my first Tier 2 visa was issued.
I arrived in the UK a couple of weeks after my Issue date and I am using the issue date to calculate my qualifying period. So should I answer this question with my issue date or actual arrival date ?
I answered the question with my actual date of entry into the UK as per the question, and it worked out. So based on my personal experience, the actual entry date was fine in this case.

Just wanted to thank everyone in this forum as this place has been my go to source for information and advice and I really appreciate the work of everyone here. Thank you :)