ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language for Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hham1224

English language for Spouse visa extension

Post by hham1224 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my wife visa; I am not sure which test she needs to pass.

Although she is here for nine years, this is her first extension on 5 yr route. Previously, she got the visa because of UK Narric at A1 level.

Which test does she need to pass? Please take into account that she may be applying for ILR in the following year.

Can you also please list what documents we can list to prove our relationship? Other than bank statements or council tax, we have no other documents.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: English language for Spouse visa extension

Post by TODMATT » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:19 pm

hham1224 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:08 pm
Hi,

Although she is here for nine years, this is her first extension on 5 yr route. Previously, she got the visa because of UK Narric at A1 level.

Which test does she need to pass? Please take into account that she may be applying for ILR in the following year.

Can you also please list what documents we can list to prove our relationship? Other than bank statements or council tax, we have no other documents.
She needs A2 for an extension however, since she will probably be applying for ILR under long residence route the following year I would assume, she can do B1 which can be used for future applications plus it would still be valid by the time she intend to apply for ILR.

Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter

"https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

hham1224

Post by hham1224 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:31 pm

Thanks, TODMATT.

In terms of the list for the relationship documents, what documents, they need from the last two years?

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:19 pm
hham1224 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:08 pm
Hi,

Can you also please list what documents we can list to prove our relationship? Other than bank statements or council tax, we have no other records.
She needs A2 for an extension however, since she will probably be applying for ILR under long residence route the following year I would assume, she can do B1 which can be used for future applications plus it would still be valid by the time she intend to apply for ILR.

Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter

"https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:14 pm

Fill the application form online and it will generate the list of documents to be submitted. You need proof that you have both lived together in the last 2 years and I would suggest you to use the group search to find so many questions relating to this topic.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.