ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Study Permit and Spouse Open Work Permit/ Dismissive Consultant

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Caccpt
Newly Registered
Ghana

Study Permit and Spouse Open Work Permit/ Dismissive Consultant

Post by Caccpt » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:12 pm

I was denied a PGWP back in the day and was advised to leave Canada, which I did. In an effort to make it back to Canada, I applied and got accepted into a post graduate program but also got married while outside Canada. My spouse and I have been curious if I can apply for him to join me in Canada but are concerned due to the prior rejection (officer was apparently not satisfied I will leave Canada after my approved stay period).

The consultant we retained for his opinion on the matter appears disinterested and dismissive whenever we broach the topic. We get one line responses and have been unable to schedule a video call to discuss the matter. Are we in the right here if we decide to drop him?

Better yet, any pointers as to whether this is a good idea or not? I have been told to apply for a study permit and after approval, apply to have him join me or we can apply for both at the same time.