ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second referee job

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raulul43
Newly Registered
Romania

Second referee job

Post by raulul43 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:36 pm

I'm currently applying to get British citizenship and it's very hard for me to find a second referee. The only one I could find is a Senior recruitment consultant. Can someone let me know, please if the title job ''Senior recruitment consultant'' qualifies as an acceptable title job for the second referee? The closest position related to Senior recruitment consultant that I could find on the List of acceptable professional persons is Personnel officer (of limited company)

davidgezar
Newly Registered

Re: Second referee job

Post by davidgezar » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:38 pm

Well according to the home office:

Requirements of a referee
Each referee should know the applicant personally.
Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.
For an adult application, one referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, eg minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application).
For all applications, the second referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

So if your first referee has a profession the second referee does not need to have a profession but must hold a British citizenship and be over the age of 25.