ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case Advice - Pregnant with Tier 4 Depedent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

haiderijaz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Case Advice - Pregnant with Tier 4 Depedent

Post by haiderijaz » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I need advice about a case which is unique and having read the forums, I am unable to find the answer for it. My wife is pregnant and she is going to be delivering in September. We want the birth to be in Pakistan and her classes begin from September. I would be the dependent so I will be applying alongside her. I have some confusions and would appreciate the help if you can please clear these.

1. Should we apply our visas before and then later apply for the child once the baby is born and the passport is made for them so my wife travels with the baby afterwards?
2. If we apply before, are there any questions where we need to disclose the pregnancy? If so, should we wait for the birth of the child as there is no point showing funds for a person who doesn't exist right now?
3. Are there chances of rejection for dependents on tier 4 visas? Any common reasons for refusals despite fulfilling all documentary requirements including funds?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Case Advice - Pregnant with Tier 4 Depedent

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:34 am

Your wife needs to speak to the university to discuss her options.

She cannot start the course late, but because of existing concessions related to Covid she may be able to start the course from home by distance learning, and come to the UK later to start face-to-face learning.

But given the family circumstances it may be better for her to defer her studies for a year anyway so she is ready to start in September 2022.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.