ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calculating continuous period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Camel555

Calculating continuous period

Post by Camel555 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:16 pm

pls move this topic to ILR if you think it belongs there, it specifically touched Tier 1 Entrepreneur that's why I am posting it here,

Hi Zimba, Marc and rest of Mods and everyone,

Just noticing now on gov UK website that the coronavirus/pandemic related allowable absences that will not count towards 180 days absences from Uk when applying for ILR DO NOT include tier 1 Entrepreneurs but only includes new Tier 1 Entrepreneur categories such as Global talent and exceptional talent.
Please see:

For the following routes you must use the Indefinite leave to remain: calculating
continuous period in UK guidance:

• domestic workers in private households
• Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
• Tier 1 (Investor)
• dependants of a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and Tier1 (Investor)
• retired person of independent means[/i]

The policy guideline for Tier 1 entrepreneur does not mention anything about pandemic or air travel disruption etc.

Guys how is this possible? Why will they exclude Tier 1 Entrepreneur from this ?

Or maybe I am misreading something?

Appreciate your replies.

Camel555

Re: Calculating continuous period

Post by Camel555 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:41 am

Anyone please?

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:38 pm

Hi guys, can please anyone share their option on above

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:07 pm

The guidance on calculating continuous period in UK for ILR already includes provision for exemptions that are broader than Covid.
(Page 11)

Absences for serious or compelling reasons: evidential requirements
Serious or compelling reasons will vary but can include:
• serious illness of the applicant or a close relative
• a conflict
• a natural disaster, for example, volcanic eruption or tsunami

The applicant must provide evidence in the form of a letter which sets out the reason for the absence with documents of support. For example:
• medical certificates
• birth or death certificates
• evidence of disruption to travel arrangements
Would your circumstances not fit into these exemptions?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:00 pm

thanks for the reply, yes i do fall under this as i hope being on red list does mean that there is a major travel disruption.....

my point was they made a special covid clause for the many routes but did not add this clause to now closed tier1 entrepreneur categories, which made me wonder why would they do that.