ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

loopyloudancer
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by loopyloudancer » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:01 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:23 pm
loopyloudancer wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:44 pm
Hello another long time lurker here. This message board has kept me sane in the many months I have been waiting. Knowing that other people are in the same situation has been so reassuring.

I have good news! I am finally Irish and as of today I am in procession of my FBR certificate. Here is my timeline.

Application & documents posted: 20 September 2019
Tracking number confirmed deliver of documents: 24 September 2919
I didn’t receive an email to confirm this, so I phoned to confirm receipt. I then received an email acknowledging receipt of documents as 24 September 2019
Confirmation of address email: 28 May 2021 (I emailed to confirm address the same day)
Date added to FBR: 28 May 2021
Congrats email stating certificate printed & documents posted: 9 June 2021
FBR certificate & documents received: 14 June 2021

Total 629 days from application being received

I was concerned that I wasn’t going to be at home when the documents arrived to sign for them - I wasn’t at home but Mr Postman just posted them through my letterbox, obviously didn’t realised they were meant to be signed for!

Now to join the queue to apply for my passport!

Hopefully they are beginning to process application again. Good luck to everyone still waiting
Congrats....good to see progress for anyone. Having a pint for you now! Enjoy the Day!

jgclancy
Thank you jgclancy - hope you get news soon!

Lorex
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lorex » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:16 am

Hi all! I am wondering if there are any other expectant parents waiting to hear back about their FBR application and/or any expectant parents that have successfully obtained their FBR during the Covid-19 restrictions.

I sent in my documents / application in August 2019 and we are hoping that we will hear about the application soon so that our baby will also one day be eligible for the FBR.

JT97

Post by JT97 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:46 am

Lorex wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:16 am
Hi all! I am wondering if there are any other expectant parents waiting to hear back about their FBR application and/or any expectant parents that have successfully obtained their FBR during the Covid-19 restrictions.

I sent in my documents / application in August 2019 and we are hoping that we will hear about the application soon so that our baby will also one day be eligible for the FBR.
You need to get in contact with the fbr team if you’re an expectant parent. There is no guarantee that they are processing applications nor that yours is one of the ones they are doing if processing has restarted. The only way to ensure you get fast tracked and that your baby will be eligible is to contact them and provide proof of pregnancy and to be entered on the fbr before the baby is born, which will obviously be easier and more likely the earlier in the pregnancy you alert them to it.

spicer93
Newly Registered

Post by spicer93 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:42 pm

loopyloudancer wrote:
Hello another long time lurker here. This message board has kept me sane in the many months I have been waiting. Knowing that other people are in the same situation has been so reassuring.

I have good news! I am finally Irish and as of today I am in procession of my FBR certificate. Here is my timeline.

I didn’t receive an email to confirm this, so I phoned to confirm receipt. I then received an email acknowledging receipt of documents as 24 September 2019
Confirmation of address email: 28 May 2021 (I emailed to confirm address the same day)

I was concerned that I wasn’t going to be at home when the documents arrived to sign for them - I wasn’t at home but Mr Postman just posted them through my letterbox, obviously didn’t realised they were meant to be signed for!

Hopefully they are beginning to process application again. Good luck to everyone still waiting
Congrats! I have a similar timeline to you, I got my printed & posted email on 10th June 2021. Do you know if they provide a tracking number for documents? I didn't get one in the email. Thanks

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:03 pm

JT97 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:46 am
Lorex wrote:

You need to get in contact with the fbr team if you’re an expectant parent. There is no guarantee that they are processing applications nor that yours is one of the ones they are doing if processing has restarted. The only way to ensure you get fast tracked and that your baby will be eligible is to contact them and provide proof of pregnancy and to be entered on the fbr before the baby is born, which will obviously be easier and more likely the earlier in the pregnancy you alert them to it.
I contacted them last August and sent in my wife's proof of pregnancy. I was added to the FBR in September but you need to go through the passport webchat in order to do it (Or at least you did when I did it last year).

Luna2019
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Luna2019 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:38 pm

Hi everyone.

I initially applied for my kids in August 2019. I received an address confirm email in December 2020, and no communication since.

I know that they shut down because of COVID, but now I'm beginning to wonder if we are lost in a pile somewhere. I emailed, but no response. Should I call? If people think yes, does anyone have a number?

Many thanks.

Lorex
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lorex » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:11 pm

jamiepompey wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:03 pm
JT97 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:46 am
Lorex wrote:

I contacted them last August and sent in my wife's proof of pregnancy. I was added to the FBR in September but you need to go through the passport webchat in order to do it (Or at least you did when I did it last year).
Thanks all! Fingers crossed it works out!

loopyloudancer
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by loopyloudancer » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:35 pm

spicer93 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:42 pm
loopyloudancer wrote:

Congrats! I have a similar timeline to you, I got my printed & posted email on 10th June 2021. Do you know if they provide a tracking number for documents? I didn't get one in the email. Thanks
I didn’t receive a tracking number. I was going to email and ask for it but everything arrived in my letterbox before I sent the email. I was actually amazed that it arrived in 5 days from the date of the email saying it had been posted (I live in England)

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:16 pm

loopyloudancer wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:35 pm
spicer93 wrote:
loopyloudancer wrote:

I didn’t receive a tracking number. I was going to email and ask for it but everything arrived in my letterbox before I sent the email. I was actually amazed that it arrived in 5 days from the date of the email saying it had been posted (I live in England)
Glad you received them all quickly. Jealous!!!...send them an email and ask them where mine are....#202471, Clancy .... LOL it's getting beyond ridiculous watching people who applied months after I did getting things .11 days until my two year date and 6 months since address confirmation email...I guess Team1 just isn't doing stuff or something

Congrats again----my last post until June 27th ---sigh

jgclancy...I'll have a pint again for ya...at least I'm keeping my lips wet on the joy for others

Nodrick
Newly Registered

Post by Nodrick » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:50 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:16 pm
loopyloudancer wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:35 pm
spicer93 wrote:
loopyloudancer wrote:

Glad you received them all quickly. Jealous!!!...send them an email and ask them where mine are....#202471, Clancy .... LOL it's getting beyond ridiculous watching people who applied months after I did getting things .11 days until my two year date and 6 months since address confirmation email...I guess Team1 just isn't doing stuff or something

Congrats again----my last post until June 27th ---sigh

jgclancy...I'll have a pint again for ya...at least I'm keeping my lips wet on the joy for others
You and me both. Also past 2 years, also 6 months since address confirmation e-mail. Also emailed to reconfirm
Also Team 1.... Wonder if we have the same person.....

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:35 am

Can someone tell me that your pregnancy certificates are all in English? After all, I live in China, and the pregnancy certificates in hospitals are all in Chinese.

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:28 am

maishun wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:35 am
Can someone tell me that your pregnancy certificates are all in English? After all, I live in China, and the pregnancy certificates in hospitals are all in Chinese.
Yes mine was in English. You'll have to get a verified translation sorted out before you send it.

MrBotch
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by MrBotch » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:09 pm

Good news!

I applied to go on the Register of Foreign Births at the beginning of May 2019. Yesterday I had an email with some queries, which I answered straight away. Today I got an email saying I'd been approved.

It's taken a long time but the good news is that they must now be processing applications that aren't straightforward and, in my case a least, once they get to them they're moving quickly.

Good luck to those behind me in the queue and thanks to this board for all the info!

helenanders
Newly Registered

Post by helenanders » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:41 pm

Hi guys,

I've been patiently waiting for the FBR to open and didn't realise I could at least send my online application while I wait for them to accept documents. So I have just sent my online app and I have all my documents, all I need to do now is get everything witnessed.
A few questions:
1. My dad is having some trouble finding someone to witness his I.D photo, my sister in law is a teacher but would she not be able to be a witness as she is family via marriage?
2. I am applying with my brother and sister, has anyone else had experience with joint applications?
3. My proof of addresses will likely be old by the time I can send in docs, not sure what to do on that front as I never get paper docs send by post anymore, everything is online now.
4. I accidentally got UK sized passport photos instead of Irish, would that be an issue.

Thanks so much guys for your help, fingers crossed they open the process soon and good luck to everyone waiting.

ripforreallldo
United States of America

Post by ripforreallldo » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:18 pm

helenanders, my brother and i both used the same notary public to witness our applications. we sent ours in together, they just ask you to write a note explaining that the documents inside are applicable to both applicants. in terms of address, it seems to me that they always send a confirmation of address email before posting the certificates and returning your documents. it is at that point that you can inform them via email of where everything should be sent should your address have changed.

i sent another email to the embassy (austin) this morning which received this reply

“Thank you for your email.

The FBR office is still closed, but some of the staff that check the documentation have returned, so it seems they are slowly starting to reopen!

I can only imagine how anxious you are to receive your certificate of citizenship. Do not hesitate to reach out again for an update.”

prettttyyyyy nothingy. what i am wondering (and asked) is if the office is closed for the third time since covid with this current closure time being six months, are those six months factored into the 12-18 month waiting period or is it piling onto the waiting period?

i am kicking myself in the mule for not sorting this out years ago. receiving an irish passport will help my life tremendously as my partner (england) and i (usa) are separated from living together legally until this is sorted.

LondonPerson
Newly Registered

Post by LondonPerson » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:36 pm

LondonPerson wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:43 pm
Hello all,
Have been browsing here for the last year or so, and just made a login so I can share my info. This board has been really helpful - thank you to all who have posted.
I haven't reached the finish line yet, but just wanted to share info on my progress:
- 'application received' email on 26th September 2019 (applying from UK)
- 'please confirm your postal address' email received 3 June 2021 (FBR Team 6)

Will update when the next thing happens... hope it's soon!
Thanks again. Good luck everyone.
Hello to all those anxiously awaiting news
Just updating on my progress - I've now had my congratulations email. Big joy and relief here. Hope the same comes for you all soon.
- 'application received' email on 26th September 2019 (applying from UK)
- 'please confirm your postal address' email received 3 June 2021 (FBR Team 6)
- 'Congratulations, you have been added to the register, docs are in post' 17 June 2021
- docs received (awaiting)

Good luck to all.

Mandino55
Canada

Post by Mandino55 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:38 pm

People seem to be getting added and documents mailed back. Does this mean the offices are open? Does anyone have an update on the status of the FBR offices?

Thanks Comrades

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:34 pm

Hello everyone,

I am Julius in UK. I was panicking because I didn't realise I wasn't supposed to send my documents in - and I sent them all on 5th June! I sent them International Recorded Delivery and they were received on 11th June in Balbriggan - I have a copy of the signature - so I know that they've got them. I am slowly cracking up - I have got a job off in Luxembourg however I need to be European again! Why are they so slow? It's ruining everything! I spent such a lot of time, money and effort getting the documents and researching everything, but now I am so confused. I went on a webchat with the Passport team and they were really rude and unhelpful! Can anyone talk me through what happens next, please? I read that the FBR process takes 2 years because it is complex - but with me it is not - I have already had a professional genealogist do the research for me and the proof is all there. I even have a DNA test showing my DNA is 39% from Ireland - Munster Province!

HELP! I don't know what to do now!

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:14 pm

Hi Flatcap_Julius. Sorry to burst your hope-bubble but all you can do is wait in line like the rest of us. Unless you are pregnant, of course, which is the only workaround I know of.
Cheers!

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:58 pm

Flatcap_Julius wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:34 pm
Hello everyone,

I am Julius in UK. I was panicking because I didn't realise I wasn't supposed to send my documents in - and I sent them all on 5th June! I sent them International Recorded Delivery and they were received on 11th June in Balbriggan - I have a copy of the signature - so I know that they've got them. I am slowly cracking up - I have got a job off in Luxembourg however I need to be European again! Why are they so slow? It's ruining everything! I spent such a lot of time, money and effort getting the documents and researching everything, but now I am so confused. I went on a webchat with the Passport team and they were really rude and unhelpful! Can anyone talk me through what happens next, please? I read that the FBR process takes 2 years because it is complex - but with me it is not - I have already had a professional genealogist do the research for me and the proof is all there. I even have a DNA test showing my DNA is 39% from Ireland - Munster Province!

HELP! I don't know what to do now!
Your case may not be complex but unfortunately you’re at the back of a very long queue. No way around it I’m afraid unless you are an expectant parent.

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:04 pm

TrishMc wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:14 pm
Hi Flatcap_Julius. Sorry to burst your hope-bubble but all you can do is wait in line like the rest of us. Unless you are pregnant, of course, which is the only workaround I know of.
Cheers!
No, definitely not pregnant - LOL! I think it's the almost total lack of contact from them that is so upsetting. It wouldn't be so bad if there were some online thing one could log into to check the progress of the application - but all there seems to be at the moment is a live chat. I've gone on there 3 times and once they were really nice but the latest 2 have been really rude and unhelpful. They just say that they are there to deal with passport queries and not FBR. From what I understand it's mainly the FBR side of things that takes them the longest - and the passport about 6 months. They are not thinking properly! If someone has already presented them with all the research it is easier for them to cross-check it than to research from scratch. They should get all these ones done, and all the ones where people need it for employment and study reasons.

So many workplaces - including mine - have remained open throughout the pandemic. I've had to go into the office - and I did - I just got on with it. What gives these departments the right to just close down like that? It is absolutely dreadful. I am going to do whatever I can - write write to the papers, write to H.M The Queen - not that she has much to do with Ireland - but she should be aware of what's going on! Her son Charles has got an Irish passport. I bet he didn't have to wait for years! We've already had our lives ruined with Brexit and I don't see why people should be subjected to prolonged sufferance because a certain government department cannot be bothered to go in and do their job. I am so furious right now! I feel for everyone out there who has got their life on hold. Let's all look forward to the light at the end of a very dark tunnel!

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:07 am

I have set up a an online petition to An Taoiseach.

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:23 am

Am I not allowed to post links to my petition? :(

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:50 am

:cry: :cry: :cry:

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:20 am

Flatcap_Julius wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:04 pm
write to H.M The Queen - not that she has much to do with Ireland - but she should be aware of what's going on!
I doubt her old Britannic majesty has any say in Irish affairs since 1921. I prefer to keep things this way