ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for dependent of healthcare worker on Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CosmosS
Newly Registered

Applying for dependent of healthcare worker on Tier 2

Post by CosmosS » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:24 am

Hi,
Both my wife and I are doctors on skilled worker visas. She's on a tier 2 which was granted 2 years ago before the advent of the health care worker visas. Her visa will expire in a years time. I'm on a health and care visa but this will expire in 2 months time.

We have a newborn and would like to apply for a visa for him. If he applies as a dependent of my wife, will he need to apply on the old tier 2 visa (because this is what she currently has from 2 years ago) despite my wife being eligible for a health and care visa. Will we also have to pay IHS for him? Or can we check the health and care box for him when we apply? (For example if she contacts her employer and maybe they can add a note to the old cos issued 2 years ago saying she'd be eligible for a health and care visa) The total difference would probably amount to a thousand pounds.

In case you're wondering, I am gonna apply for a new health and care visa for myself in the next few days however I forgot that the main employer for doctors in training jobs does not certify maintenance and our main savings bank account is in my wife's name and the account in my name did dip once below a thousand in the last couple of months. So I can't really apply for him on mine. I can apply for myself because I don't need to show maintenance as I've been on a valid visa for 4 years now.

My other question is. Obviously for my wife and I we can only apply from the UK to switch or extend our stays. But for the little guy. He was born here but we are thinking of traveling abroad and applying for.him from abroad (country of nationality) since this is his very first visa. Do you foresee any issues with applying for him abroad rather than in the UK for a first visa.
The reason is my wife would like to spend some time with family whilst waiting for the decision.

Many thanks.

AnneU
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Applying for dependent of healthcare worker on Tier 2

Post by AnneU » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:40 am

Hi, can you kindly tell me what you eventually did. I’m in a similar situation

CosmosS
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for dependent of healthcare worker on Tier 2

Post by CosmosS » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:14 pm

Hi there,

We are planning on applying for his BRP in our home country rather than in the UK. We are just gonna email my wife's employer.so that they can add a note saying that her dependants would be eligible for a health and care visa. And we're going to tick that box (health and care) when we apply for him.
As to whether this is actually okay to do/will it affect him in getting a UK passport when I get my ILR (because his leave to enter was issued outside of the UK) is another story. I frankly don't know but this is what we're doing.