ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

starting an ILR set(m) application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mishima
Newly Registered

starting an ILR set(m) application

Post by mishima » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:57 pm

I've just realised my wife's BRP permit(in uk for 5 years) is to expire end of june :shock:
so i've started filling online application set(M) ILR and have a few questions:

1.keep getting UKVAC centre reopen message when filling in form. What is this appointment for? it's not explained in the initial guidance. does this appointment need to be before the visa expiry date or after submission of form?
2.nothing asked about my children who are british and i don't feel they should be listed in the dependent children application section. Is this correct? also i'm sure during the FLR(M) application i had to provide details of british children and provide documentation(GP registration etc) so should i still provide?
3.my wageslips are now electronic and my employee no longer provides printed wageslips anymore so is it fine to upload pdf files of wageslips? or should i get employee letter to say that the wageslip pdfs are genuine assuming i can get hr contact to agree to this?
4.everyone is working from home at my workplace i believe HR will be able to provide an employment letter but not a wet signature and electronic signature. will this be fine?
5.do we still need to provide Environmental Health officer letter regarding teh property that we live in?
6. my uk passport has expired and i believe it can take some time for renewal. will they accept my expired passport as current passport?

Looking forward and appreciate any advice on this

zimba
Mood:

Re: starting an ILR set(m) application

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:35 am

1. Read: indefinite-leave-to-remain/online-appli ... 70084.html
The appointment will be after online submission (even after visa expiry), the applicant will be protected under Section 3C
2. British children do not need to be included
3. Electronic evidence is fine
4. Electronic evidence is fine
5. Housing report (or reasonable alternative if owned)
6. Expired passport copy can be used to show you are British but I doubt this is even required at this stage
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mishima
Newly Registered

Post by mishima » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:51 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:35 am
1. Read: indefinite-leave-to-remain/online-appli ... 70084.html
The appointment will be after online submission (even after visa expiry), the applicant will be protected under Section 3C
2. British children do not need to be included
3. Electronic evidence is fine
4. Electronic evidence is fine
5. Housing report (or reasonable alternative if owned)
6. Expired passport copy can be used to show you are British but I doubt this is even required at this stage
thanks for the link and answers i can relax now :D
They are asking for my settled status so i will upload my expired passport

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:58 pm

How did you get your British Nationality? By birth or were you registered/naturalised as British?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mishima
Newly Registered

Post by mishima » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:58 pm
How did you get your British Nationality? By birth or were you registered/naturalised as British?
I was naturalised as british in 1984

mishima
Newly Registered

Post by mishima » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:32 pm

Application submitted and appointment booked for 10th July.
So when going to the UKVCAS website for document upload it gives some categories deosn't go into detail
Now there is a stick forum post which does go into detail with examples
indefinite-leave-to-remain/uploading-yo ... l#p1870071

This gives more info but I assume i don't need to upload the documents that are listed on the category and just upload documents that are required based on the application checklist?