ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Questions about to apply - Dual national missing one passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

ILR Application (Currently FLR(M) Visa)

Post by ariamus » Tue May 11, 2021 12:36 pm

My wife will of been in the UK for 5 years in mid-June 2021 and we are preparing the ILR application. Her current FLR(M) visa expires in October 2021.

The form is stating we require 2.5 years of cohabitation evidence whereas I understood this was only 2 years? Is extra period of 0.5 years for ILR?

6 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address to show that you have been living together during the past 2.5 years

Also I am a British citizen from birth and we have a 1 year old Child.
I understand the child is not a dependent for the purposes of the visa?
Other than under the reasons to remain in UK, does the child need mentioning anywhere?

Please could someone advise.

wootme
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Application (Currently FLR(M) Visa)

Post by wootme » Tue May 11, 2021 2:14 pm

I've read the same advice here (2 years of cohabitating evidence) but the form itself online does say 2.5 years.

I'm about to apply just like you and I decided to do the full 2.5 years. That's 30 months which divided by 6 (total joint documents I'm submitting) then I only need to space them every 5 months. These 6 are coming from 3 different sources (Water, Electricity and Council Tax) and I'm adding 3 joint back statements (one per year) as a bonus.

I trust the advice on this site and I had prepared only 2 years of evidence but the form does say 2.5 so I won't take any chances.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Application (Currently FLR(M) Visa)

Post by zimba » Wed May 12, 2021 11:11 am

The child should not be mentioned as the child is British at birth. Cohabitation evidence must cover the last two years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

SET(M) Correspondence Upload

Post by ariamus » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:46 pm

When uploading the correspondence to evidence my spouse and I live together, do we need to include the first page only showing names/address or also subsequent pages eg some bills have 4-5 pages.

I hope someone can clarify.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: SET(M) Questions about to apply - Dual national missing one passport

Post by ariamus » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:46 pm

I submitted the online application for my wife’s ILR(M) under Super Priority Service and am in the process of uploading documents to the Sopra Steria website prior to the Biometrics Appointment.

Today we have received an email from no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk as below.

My question is what do they mean by uploaded together in one image? It’s not possible to upload 2 different pages in to 1 image - or do they mean in to 1 scan/document?

I have actually already uploaded a full scan of my wife’s passport under Proof of Application section so no idea why they haven’t seen this!

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you for uploading your supporting documents to the UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service website. We have now completed the following checks of the files that were available as of 06/07/2021:
Checked for the presence of all mandatory documents
Checked that all documents are legible
Checked that all documents been uploaded to the correct category
Checked for any obvious missing pages
Checked that all uploaded documents are in either English or Welsh language, or have an accompanying English or Welsh translation.
As a result of these checks, we recommend that you do the following prior to arriving at your appointment:

Mandatory documents missing. The following mandatory supporting documents could not be found, please ensure that ahead of your appointment you scan and upload these documents to the correct category:

Applicant’s passport issued by Pakistan to be re-uploaded into the 'Proof of Application' category, please ensure the full biodata and observations pages are uploaded together in one image.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:57 pm

A passport copy covers two pages, left and right side. The biometric page often is adjacent to the observation page
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: SET(M) Passport copy pages

Post by ariamus » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:10 pm

Thank you Zimba for your reply - I see what you mean as my British passport has biometric page and on the next observations page, so both show on a scan/copy.

My wife’s passport is Pakistani and biometric page is on page 1, and 2 pages on 4/5 for observations - so not possible to show these pages together.

Do you have any suggestions or shall I leave as I have already uploaded which is a scan of the full passport?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:43 am

Just upload as it is