ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting information on progress

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

concerned dad
Newly Registered

Getting information on progress

Post by concerned dad » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:41 pm

Hi, does anyone know if there is any way of finding out up to date information of how an application is progressing at the UKVI?

Early last month we paid for a Priority Service (out of country) Dependant visa for our son to join us from China, here in the UK. His mother, my wife, has recently secured a "Spouse" Visa (first 30 months).

We've called the information line several times and all they are able to tell us is that the application is indeed live but still awaiting a decision.

It seems unfair that we are not able to find out how long this should all take or provide any additional information if they need something before progressing forwards.

Thanks

concerned dad
Newly Registered

Re: Getting information on progress

Post by concerned dad » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:06 am

Really? No response? Pretty much the same as the HO then

secret.simon

Re: Getting information on progress

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:40 pm

concerned dad wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:41 pm
It seems unfair that we are not able to find out how long this should all take or provide any additional information if they need something before progressing forwards.
(a) Life is unfair. So is the immigration system according to many people on these forums. And yet they apply to remain or arrive in the UK.

(b) There is generally no way to track any application with the Home Office. It is a closed black box.

You can try involving your local MP, but the Home Office may very well give them the same response that they give you (saying nothing in a lot of words). Pretty much all you can do is wait.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.