ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IDL application and employment queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SaffaInUK
Newly Registered
South Africa

IDL application and employment queries

Post by SaffaInUK » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:22 pm

Hi there,

I am due to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in August/September this year after meeting the qualifying period via the ancestral visa route. The application would be for myself and my fiance who has been in the UK for the same period as I have as a dependent on my visa (he also holds the right to work in the UK). Currently my fiance is the breadwinner and I am unemployed due to health reasons, although I had previously been in full-time employment up until November last year.

I can see from starting the forms online that only the lead applicant's financial and employment details are requested. Does anyone know if it is possible to apply as someone unemployed but then submit my fiance's employment details and our joint financial details to evidence that we have enough income to support ourselves? Is there any documentation available regarding this anywhere online - I am struggling to find any info on it.

TIA

manci
Respected Guru

Re: IDL application and employment queries

Post by manci » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:50 pm

Suggest you read the caseworker guidance (especially p32):

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.0ext.pdf
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

secret.simon

Re: IDL application and employment queries

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:57 pm

And Page 36.
Settlement requirements

If the applicant is unemployed when they apply

If the applicant is unemployed on the date of application, you may still grant the application if you are satisfied that the applicant is able to work and intends to seek and take employment, and they otherwise meet all the suitability and eligibility requirements. See Work requirement for further information on assessing ability and intention to work.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.