ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continous stay and changed status

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bigyou
Wales

Continous stay and changed status

Post by Bigyou » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:44 am

Thank you everyone for all you do here with quality information.

I have recently received my visa but this time via the family 10 years route. So in essence I switched from Entrepreneurs. I would like to know if I can apply for ILR since I now have a 2.5 years visa. Does the time when the visa expired count as part of my continous stay despite switching from one route to another.

A quick recap:
I came into the UK in 2010. My last visa which was Entrepreneurs route expired in 2017. I was refuseed entreprenuer extention visa in 2019.

Then an administrative error made them give me wrong information about a visa they never issued. I had to reapply in June 2020 but due to covid the delay spanned and I just got my visa this June.

Please advise if my 10 years legal stay is still valid and not broken with the refusal.

Thank you.

Bigyou
Wales

Please Help! Will my continous stay still count?

Post by Bigyou » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:54 pm

Bigyou wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:44 am
Thank you everyone for all you do here with quality information.

I have recently received my visa but this time via the family 10 years route. So in essence I switched from Entrepreneurs. I would like to know if I can apply for ILR since I now have a 2.5 years visa. Does the time when the visa expired count as part of my continous stay despite switching from one route to another.

A quick recap:
I came into the UK in 2010. My last visa which was Entrepreneurs route expired in 2017. I was refuseed entreprenuer extention visa in 2019.

Then an administrative error made them give me wrong information about a visa they never issued. I had to reapply in June 2020 but due to covid the delay spanned and I just got my visa this June.

Please advise if my 10 years legal stay is still valid and not broken with the refusal.

Thank you.

Happydays11

Re: Continous stay and changed status

Post by Happydays11 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:02 pm

if you apply SAR you can see what they wrote to your previous applications. they normally write in-time application Yes/No or out-of-time-application Yes/No.

this will give you better idea.

Bigyou
Wales

Post by Bigyou » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:28 pm

Happydays11 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:02 pm
if you apply SAR you can see what they wrote to your previous applications. they normally write in-time application Yes/No or out-of-time-application Yes/No.

this will give you better idea.
Please explain. What does SAR mean. I put the application in on time but was refused. Nothing was mentioned on the letter I received.

Happydays11

Post by Happydays11 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:47 pm