ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting documents for spouse dependant of ILR sponsor

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sachin Raja
India

Work and UK VISA language level needed

Post by Sachin Raja » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:59 pm

Dear All,

My wife is planning to join me in the UK as a partner of an ILR person. She is also planning to join an academic university job. In this case, if she takes UKVI IELTS academic version with speaking/listening/ reading and writing will this cover both the needs for her by doing that one exam. Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Sachin

Navisa7

Re: Work and UK VISA language level needed

Post by Navisa7 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:55 am

Hi Sachin,
I guess your wife is joining from India , right? I am from India too and I used Uk NARIC (now Enic) https://www.enic.org.uk/ through the “Visa and Nationality services to gain “statement of comparability “of qualifications- I got a statement to say my qualifications were equivalent to uk degree standards) , additionally also opted for the “English proficiency “ evaluation through the same site(visa and nationality) . They evaluate against CEFR standards(my degree was evaluated to C1) . As entry clearance only required CEFR level A1(which is at a lower level), I did not have to sit IELTS.In the meanwhile, pls ask your spouse to obtain a certificate/letter ( signed on a headed paper with university seal)from the university to state that the medium of instruction was in english(this helped in my case and submitted to Enic). On the Enic portal,All you have to do is register and upload your documents ( degree certificates , medium of instruction letter,transcripts, Mark sheets) and they do the rest and issue the statements via post.There is also also a faster turnaround service for an additional price . The website is self-explanatory.I never had to take IELTS for entry clearance or FLR extensions, so definitely better option than the IELTS. IELTS is only valid for 2 years where as the above is not time-bound.
I have to also say the above is entirely my opinion from my experience and I’m not sure of what the current guidance is , so follow whatever guidance you have received on your application.
If you want to make an urgent application IELTS maybe a better option.
There are also some excellent moderators here and they might want to add some additional useful I go. Hope this helps
Wishing you the very best and hope you join your loved one soon.
Best wishes
Nah

Navisa7

Post by Navisa7 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:04 am

In addition, pls have a look at this link: https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english

Sachin Raja
India

Post by Sachin Raja » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:27 pm

Hi Nahomi,

Many thanks for your reply much appreciate that. If she has to take Jobs in the Uk would it not be better to get IELTS out of the way?

Thanks

Sachin

Navisa7

Post by Navisa7 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:45 pm

Hi Sachin,
It’s absolutely your wife’s choice at the end of the day. I didn’t see IELTS coming handy in any jobs I applied (unless used towards professional registration-e.g Nurses)- I worked as Support worker/Teaching assistant - I’m a teacher by profession and do not hold a qualified teacher status in the UK. On the contrary,I used my UK NARIC statement of comparability in some of the jobs I’ve been through. Again as I said, please do what’s best in your situation. If your wife feels she can use IELTS for other reasons, best to go down that route. At least you now know your options.
Best Wishes
Nah

Sachin Raja
India

Supporting documents for spouse dependant of ILR sponsor

Post by Sachin Raja » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:12 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for a spouse VISA for my wife to join me in the UK. She lives and works in India and I had got ILR 2 years ago in the UK, I have been living alone in the UK since 2014 July, However, we had been married for 13 years and lived together for 6 years in India and I had to move to the UK for Job and she was doing her Ph.D. and could not come with me at that time. She had been visiting me on a tourist visa until 2019. Then due to COVID either me or she and my daughter could visit me. Now she has completed her Ph.D. and coming for good to live with me in the UK. Kindly can you please suggest if the following documents are enough to submit for spouse dependant of ILR sponsor? Many thanks in advance.

Finance evidence

Savings account statement (Online statement Bank stamp)
Salary Slip last 6 months
Letter of support from employer stating contract and salary
Savings account (ISA online statement with Bank stamp)

Home accommodation evidence

Mortgage statement
Deeds of the house on the land registry
Home photographs
council tax

Relationship evidence

Marriage certificate
Whatsapp chat log export from 2017 to current
Family photos
Flight bookings
Emails chats
Wifes Ph.D. submission letter to say it was the reason for not able to come early
Joint bank account from India with 6 months statement with stamp
Combined name in UK utility bill

Sponsor documents
Passport (Old and New with all pages from old scanned)
BRP for ILR
Letter to state that I am responsible for the financial upkeep of my family and will not recourse to public funds

Partner documents
Passport old and new all pages scanned
English NARIC certificate
IELTS certificate
Police verification
TB certificate

Sachin Raja
India

Re: Supporting documents for spouse dependant of ILR sponsor

Post by Sachin Raja » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:16 am

Dear Team,

Kindly can someone reply apologies for chasing this.

Thanks
Sachin