ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

There has been a problem with the payment while paying for UK spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ismath
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

There has been a problem with the payment while paying for UK spouse visa application

Post by ismath » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:27 am

I applied for dependent visa(spouse visa) and made both IHS and the visa fee. The payment reference was generated for the IHS and the reference was also included in the application.

But for the visa fee it reloaded and redirects to the same page. So i had to pay again and it again redirected to the same page, saying there has been problem with the payment. Select the payment method and re-enter the payment details to proceed.

This is the error message and its not letting me to proceed further.

So i had to call the UK visa and immigration helpdesk. They are so irresponsible saying that i have to wait for refund for 15 working days because it was made twice and it was not processed.

There is a technical issue and it will be approved within 15 working days.

I have to book bio metric and i was about to apply priority because its already a year since i saw my wife so we are applying for this visa, but for this sort of technical issue i had to wait for 15 working days. I cannot believe this seriously, this is the worst customer service and bug on the website since many of them facing similar issue.

Edwardo
Mood:

Re: There has been a problem with the payment while paying for UK spouse visa application

Post by Edwardo » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:06 am

I appreciate your frustration but you are dealing with a faceless government office that closes ranks and makes it impossible for you to change how they deal with matters.

You can maybe cause change by complaining to your MP but this will neither be immediate change nor guaranteed.

The 'good' news is they will refund you, just that yes, it takes time.

On another note, I would advise you or anyone who gets a technical error while paying on any website to close the site (sign out if necessary) and clear the cookies and cache from your computer immediately.

On Google, you click the top right-hand menu (a line of spots) then history...then 'clear browsing data' (on left of screen) then 'clear data'. Most browsers follow the same pattern.

Remember that doing this will sign you out of the site if you did not do this anyhow, so make sure you know your login details! (They won't be removed from any browser password files)

Then go back and try again.

ismath
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: There has been a problem with the payment while paying for UK spouse visa application

Post by ismath » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:39 pm

Hey thanks edwardo for your advice. I have tried with multiple browsers and different systems but no help.

When i called the immigration health desk, they said its a technical problem from their end. So hopefully they need to do something about this soon.

I guess there is no other way. I need to wait for 15 days for this to get sorted. Hopefully if there is no hotel quarantine it will be great.