ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scanned Copy of Degree but original abroad

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Scanned Copy of Degree but original abroad

Post by paradoxical » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:28 pm

Hi there,
We have an appointment for biometrics in 2 days at one of the UKVAS Centre. This is for ILR application for my wife and son based on Tier 2 PBS dependant. The issue we face at the moment has to do with the English language requirement. My wife has a postgraduate degree (PhD) from the UK. And we have uploaded the scanned copy of the document. However the original is abroad in her parents house and we have now asked for it to be shipped to us (but more likely, it will arrive next week)...
So one option for us would be to cancel the current appointment and reschedule for later, and the other is to proceed and explain at the UKVAS centre that the original document is not with us at the moment but we have uploaded a scanned copy.
My question is: What would be a sensible thing to do here? Delaying for a few days wouldn't be an issue but the challenge is that unless I cancel, I can't see when the next appointment date is. We got this appointment after a month's delay...
If we proceed with the application, I wonder if having a scanned copy and not original during the appointment would be an issue... ?
Many thanks..

vinny

Re: Scanned Copy of Degree but original abroad

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:03 pm

Should be okay. If the Home Office have doubts, then they may ask for the original.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Dantean

Post by Dantean » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:54 pm

paradoxical wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:28 pm
If we proceed with the application, I wonder if having a scanned copy and not original during the appointment would be an issue... ?
At my appointment the only physical document they wanted to see was my passport and BRP. The people there mostly made sure the documents I'd uploaded were all readable and didn't seem to evaluate them at all. As vinny says, if the Home Office asks for the original, you can provide it then, but for this stage you should be fine.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:14 am

Thank you very much, Vinny and Dantean...very reassuring!