ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) is this the correct application form?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Edwardo
Mood:

Further leave to remain - now OK for net statements?

Post by Edwardo » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:57 am

Hello,

And thanks again all for such great help during the years.

Wifes initial 33 month visa is up July 4 and we are going the savings route to get her FLR visa.

Have I understood it correctly that now - at last - the HO accepts internet statements showing balances throughout 6 months prior to the application, on the basis they make you give permission they can check them with the banks etc if need be? (This is done on the online application, ticking a box to say they can check)

It seems I can get the statements, print them and take photos to upload (or scans). Then they decide if they want to check them.

Is this correct? Hope so as more and more banks are refusing hard copy paper statements!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Further leave to remain - now OK for net statements?

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:20 am

Edwardo wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:57 am
Hello,

And thanks again all for such great help during the years.

Wifes initial 33 month visa is up July 4 and we are going the savings route to get her FLR visa.

Have I understood it correctly that now - at last - the HO accepts internet statements showing balances throughout 6 months prior to the application, on the basis they make you give permission they can check them with the banks etc if need be? (This is done on the online application, ticking a box to say they can check)

It seems I can get the statements, print them and take photos to upload (or scans). Then they decide if they want to check them.

Is this correct? Hope so as more and more banks are refusing hard copy paper statements!
Downloaded copies of your account statements can be used directly. Not aware of any bank declining to provide statements when requested.

Edwardo
Mood:

Re: Further leave to remain - now OK for net statements?

Post by Edwardo » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:20 pm

Thank you and my mistake as I did not make it clear I meant some banks are not giving hard paper, posted statements - they (the banks etc)do indeed say simply download copies from the account and this option is not difficult at all with any bank or savings institution.

I was worried I had to get paper, posted to me statements and send them in. The HO has at last accepted most if not all banking is paperless these days.

Getting a net statement is so much easier as I can enter dates to print out myself.

Thank you for a speedy reply.

Edwardo
Mood:

Cash savings over 6 months, what is the value?

Post by Edwardo » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:49 pm

I can show I had £17,000 in a bank account Dec 1 2020 and now, 6 months later, the balance is £17,500.

Over the six months the balance in this account went down to £15,000 for a short while. Never below that.

When I add this to the other accounts I am collecting evidence for, is the value of this towards the £62,500 total £17k, £15k or £17,500? (Or maybe even an average of all three figures, starting..lowest and end!)

Thanks again everyone.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Cash savings over 6 months, what is the value?

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:52 pm

Edwardo wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:49 pm
I can show I had £17,000 in a bank account Dec 1 2020 and now, 6 months later, the balance is £17,500.

Over the six months the balance in this account went down to £15,000 for a short while. Never below that.

When I add this to the other accounts I am collecting evidence for, is the value of this towards the £62,500 total £17k, £15k or £17,500? (Or maybe even an average of all three figures, starting..lowest and end!)

Thanks again everyone.
The balance is £15,000 I.e. the lowest value you had in the preceeding 6months. The requirements is a sustained and undipping £62,500 over the past 6months in the account or across all accounts where the funds kept.

Edwardo
Mood:

Re: Cash savings over 6 months, what is the value?

Post by Edwardo » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:50 pm

Thank you. Appreciated.

Edwardo
Mood:

Bank statement with former address (FLR)

Post by Edwardo » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:07 pm

Hello all,

As my wife's sponsor I have ensured I had the FR cash amount in an offshore bank. They have sent me some wonderfully clear and certified statements to use (posted to my address in UK) but.....the address on the actual statement is from where I opened the account, in Asia.

Is this still fine to go ahead and use? I am hoping an offshore bank statement is not classed as proof of residency anyhow, or that they cannot easily check my status here if needed?

I have asked them to send a cover letter confirming my UK residency address on their records but we do soon need to go ahead and make the application so it is getting tight.

(The bank did send a cover letter 3 years back and I still have this but of course it is dated 2018)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Bank statement with former address (FLR)

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:17 pm

Edwardo wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:07 pm
Hello all,

As my wife's sponsor I have ensured I had the FR cash amount in an offshore bank. They have sent me some wonderfully clear and certified statements to use (posted to my address in UK) but.....the address on the actual statement is from where I opened the account, in Asia.

Is this still fine to go ahead and use? I am hoping an offshore bank statement is not classed as proof of residency anyhow, or that they cannot easily check my status here if needed?

I have asked them to send a cover letter confirming my UK residency address on their records but we do soon need to go ahead and make the application so it is getting tight.

(The bank did send a cover letter 3 years back and I still have this but of course it is dated 2018)
This should not pose a problem to your application. Make it clear what each document should be taken as. If the letter from the bank just like before comes through before your submission even better or a cover letter clarifying any perceived concern will suffice.

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:10 am

Thank you - yes, will see if a letter from the bank arrives this week or will myself explain the address discrepancy.

Appreciate your help.

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:42 pm

Have noticed the HO demand any savings are held in banks that have financial protection schemes. The Isle of Man does but unlike the UK, it is limited to £50,000, not £85,000.

This makes me now wonder if any amount over £50,000 on an Isle of Man statement is discarded on the notion if the bank collapsed tomorrow, I could 'only' get £50,000 back?

As annoying as this can be, I do grudgingly accept there may be some logic to this from the HO.

But are they THAT serious about it?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:19 pm

Edwardo wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:42 pm
Have noticed the HO demand any savings are held in banks that have financial protection schemes.
Where did you notice this?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:57 am

Actually yes, I have read incorrectly.

It was appendix FM 1.7 I was checking and it says 'needs to be regulated by that country', not specifically the need for savings protection.

They are more concerned that all savings are with regulated and legal institutions.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:55 pm

Edwardo wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:57 am
Actually yes, I have read incorrectly.

It was appendix FM 1.7 I was checking and it says 'needs to be regulated by that country', not specifically the need for savings protection.

They are more concerned that all savings are with regulated and legal institutions.
Requirement is for regulated financial institution and that if required can be verified. There used to be a list of such for each country.

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:31 pm

Thank you, yes - I seem to remember there was a list of institutions/countries that could not be used but I am struggling to find it. I seem to remember checking with the first entrance visa for my wife and our Channel Island banks were not on the list.

I may just double-check the Isle of Man/its banks are not there (if I can) but it would amaze me if if so ! :D

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:09 pm

Edwardo wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:31 pm
Thank you, yes - I seem to remember there was a list of institutions/countries that could not be used but I am struggling to find it. I seem to remember checking with the first entrance visa for my wife and our Channel Island banks were not on the list.

I may just double-check the Isle of Man/its banks are not there (if I can) but it would amaze me if if so ! :D
I believe Appendix P has been deleted from the immigration rules although I am not sure why it has been deleted see statements of change.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... le__1_.pdf
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:50 am

Thanks, it is strange yes - maybe they have indeed accepted that so long as people have money in regulated banks it is fine no matter where.

It would seem absurd to me for our own Channel Island banks to be on some kind of 'no way' list. My guess is those on it are those not requiring many checks to open accounts and/or having little to no money laundering laws.

Edwardo
Mood:

FLR (M) is this the correct application form?

Post by Edwardo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:56 pm

I am sure it is but my wife really wants to be sure before we hit 'pay'!

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ily-routes

Our situation is she came on the ' Leave to remain' 33 month visa (spouse visa) and we understand matters as now she has to apply for FLR then IDL in 2 or so years.

We have therefore completed the online form above but my wife is stressing as yes, there are many types of FLR (but I am of the view once you start completing the form it discards those not applicable) and she is worried the application online at no point says ' F L R (M)'.

This is the correct and only way to apply for us, yes? (Married with one child but he is a British citizen so the visa is only for my wife)

As always, thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) is this the correct application form?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:30 pm

Yes it is the correct form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Edwardo
Mood:

Re: FLR (M) is this the correct application form?

Post by Edwardo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:39 pm

Thank you, appreciated.