ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Test not acceptable Naturalization based on Tier 1 Ent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

9elizabeth
- thin ice -

English Language Test not acceptable Naturalization based on Tier 1 Ent

Post by 9elizabeth » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:57 am

I had entered in UK on Tier 1 Ent. Visa (200K investment). I was granted ILR last year and had applied for Naturalisation in Feb 2021. This morning, I received the following email from my case worker in home office:
I refer to your application for British citizenship. Before we can proceed further please send the following document to this office by 14 July 2021.

Evidence that you satisfy the knowledge of English language and life in the UK requirement. The Trinity College London certificate is dated 2017 and the IELTS certificate is dated 2014 and for naturalisation purposes should not be more than two years old so are not acceptable. Please see information below. We have verified that you have met the Life in the UK requirement.

Only the following will be accepted:

A speaking and listening qualification at B1 CEFR or higher from a provider on the Secure English Language Test Centres (SELT) list in the Immigration Rules, Appendix O and taken at an approved test centre. The list can be found on our website at:

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

or

· A Bachelor’s degree or higher (but not a professional or vocational qualification), or a Postgraduate Diploma (but not a professional or vocational qualification) awarded in the UK.

or

(i) A Bachelor’s degree or higher (but not a professional or vocational qualification), or a Postgraduate Diploma (but not a professional or vocational qualification) awarded outside the UK where it is accompanied by an Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming it is equivalent to a UK qualification.

(ii) If the degree was awarded in anon-majority English speaking country you must also provide an English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree was taught in English.

Information on how to obtain UK NARIC letters can be obtained fromwww.naric.org.uk/visasandnationality.

Please advise me of date of test and e-mail me a scanned copy of the certificate or confirmation of the result.

The documents / information are required to demonstrate to the Secretary of State that the requirements for citizenship are met. Failure to reply to this e-mail by the date given will result in the application being refused.

Yours sincerely,
During the ILR, I had already provided English Lanugage Certificate and was accepted by HO during my initial entry and during my ILR application.
But now, Home Office is not accepting English Language Certificate at the time Naturalisation. As far as I knew, the home office should accept it.
Can somebody please advise me what should I do ?
Any seniors comment please.
Best regards,

UsernameTaken
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: English Language Test not acceptable Naturalization based on Tier 1 Ent

Post by UsernameTaken » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:19 pm

I had permanent residency via EEA Family permit and recently got naturalised about 2 weeks ago. My CEFR Level b1.1 from Trinity college was dated 2016, never needed it to get permament residency though so not sure if that makes a difference.

vinny

Re: English Language Test not acceptable Naturalization based on Tier 1 Ent

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:49 am

Inform the caseworkers that the refusal is contrary to their Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.