ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Uk Visit Visa

Post by Khuram1987 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:42 pm

Hi

I need some guidance. I have recieved a call today from Abu Dhabi to confirm my application and then recieved an email to say it needs to be investigated further and then a following email to say due to covid 19 ban the application can't be concluded.

However on the phone call I was told if I get an email saying its on hold due to the ban then it has been successful.

Email:
Your visit visa application has been assessed but we are not able to conclude it at this time due to the UK Government’s published ban on travel to the UK from certain countries due to COVID-19. A list of countries can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/transport-m ... f-covid-19.

Once the ban is lifted we will conclude your application and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre to arrange collection or delivery.

If you require your passport before your application is concluded, please contact the Visa Application Centre who will be able to arrange for this to be released.

If you require any further information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus or contact us at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Can anyone advise?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Uk Visit Visa

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:03 am

Khuram1987 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:42 pm
Hi

I need some guidance. I have recieved a call today from Abu Dhabi to confirm my application and then recieved an email to say it needs to be investigated further and then a following email to say due to covid 19 ban the application can't be concluded.

However on the phone call I was told if I get an email saying its on hold due to the ban then it has been successful.

Email:
Your visit visa application has been assessed but we are not able to conclude it at this time due to the UK Government’s published ban on travel to the UK from certain countries due to COVID-19. A list of countries can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/transport-m ... f-covid-19.

Once the ban is lifted we will conclude your application and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre to arrange collection or delivery.

If you require your passport before your application is concluded, please contact the Visa Application Centre who will be able to arrange for this to be released.

If you require any further information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus or contact us at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Can anyone advise?
That appears to be contradictory I.e. the phone conversation and email if both are from official sources.
Were you told of receiving an email or call to pick up your passport at certain points?

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:03 am

Hi

The phone call started with verification of the visa application for my mother in law from pakistan.

She asked a few questions about the application which I answered.

She then said I will recieve in a day or so as they are now assessing the application.

She then stated due to the red list situation travel is on hold.

But she said "if" the application is successful then the email I will recieve will be one which says that the application is on hold until Pakistan comes off the red list.

According to the conversation I am pretty sure it has been successful as I applied on 7th June.

If it is refused surely they would tell you before? So you can apply again or resubmit documents?

Also why would they be accepting applications whilst Pakistan is on the red list? Say they will confirm decision in 15 days?

Thanks for your reply.

kufarooq1

Post by kufarooq1 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:51 am

My parents submitted application on 8th April and received a similar email two weeks later. Since then we have been waiting. I noticed the email word by word is same. Sad but true that Pakistan may not come off the list anytime soon so I am not sure if the caseworker would require fresh documents again before conclusion?
Application of my parents will be three months old in few weeks since submission so I’m not sure if they would conclude based on the docs already provided or might ask further paperwork? Also the dates they wished to travel have passed already. Seems a mess all around. Any further information in the regard would be appreciated.

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:05 am

Thanks for your reply.

Did someone call you?

The only thing I have to go on is that it is successful. As the person I spoke to said that you would get an email to say its on hold and will be completed after the ban. She said if 'successful'. So after the phone call I got this email.

Lastly, if it was a refusal they would tell you straight away? Also why are they accepting visit visas at this time? If no decision can be made.

Have you phoned the helpline to see the status of your application? To see if a decision has been made?

I think if it was a refusal they would have issued a refusal right away?

Also she said the visa would be issued when the ban is lifted and 6 months will start from then.

Your thoughts? As our cases are similar.

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:42 am

I just spoke to a lawyer and he said that if it was a refusal despite the ban they would have issued this straight away.

I don't think I will recieve another email.

Because if its refusal they would tell you right away so you can reapply?!

Hope this helps.

kufarooq1

Post by kufarooq1 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:07 am

Khuram1987 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:42 am
I just spoke to a lawyer and he said that if it was a refusal despite the ban they would have issued this straight away.

I don't think I will recieve another email.

Because if its refusal they would tell you right away so you can reapply?!

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot.

I do hope for the positive outcome and also that PAK comes out of the red list ASAP.

Good luck to you and let’s keep updating each other. Thanks again

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:26 am

I just to a lawyer who has applications in process for visit visas from India and PK.

He has applied during this time and people are getting refused and those who are not are getting this email that we have got!!

Which means the visa will be issued when the ban is lifted. Hence the email has said once the ban is lifted the application will be concluded

So it's a positive sign.

Happy Friday!!

kufarooq1

Post by kufarooq1 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:45 pm

Thank you. That is a very encouraging news. I was hoping the same but real question remains, when will UK govt take PAK off the list? I hope they announce later this month. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again and have a good weekend!

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:08 am

Khuram1987 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:26 am
I just to a lawyer who has applications in process for visit visas from India and PK.

He has applied during this time and people are getting refused and those who are not are getting this email that we have got!!

Which means the visa will be issued when the ban is lifted. Hence the email has said once the ban is lifted the application will be concluded

Your visa application has been assessed. They are sending this email to those who had submitted passport with the application on the day of biomatrics.

There are few people including myself as I applied on 25th may but they didn't take my passport on the day of biomatrics, since then I haven't received Any email from them. But how can they send me any email as I haven't submitted my passport.
As I think I will receive passport submission email now than any email from ukvi..

So it's a positive sign.

Happy Friday!!

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:19 am

Khuram1987 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:26 am

So it's a positive sign.

Happy Friday!!
Did you parents submitted the passport with the application on the day of biomatrics? Also confirm me on what day they submitted the application?

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:39 pm

Hi

Applied - June 07
Call from Abu Dhabi - June 17th
Recieved Email - June 17th

They gave biometrics on 07th June but she was told to take her passport home.

Hope that helps.

There is a review this week for the red lists.

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:09 pm

Khuram1987 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:39 pm
Hi

Applied - June 07
Call from Abu Dhabi - June 17th
Recieved Email - June 17th

They gave biometrics on 07th June but she was told to take her passport home.

Hope that helps.

There is a review this week for the red lists.
thanks for your reply it really helps
my timeline
applied on 25th may as tourist
verification done on 3rd June

since than I haven't received any sort of email yet, not even a refusal, its been about a month has passed, i also applied under passport pass back service

i will share another experience

applied on 20th may as 10 years business visit

he has also not received any email yet from embassy or ukvi. he also applied under passport pass back service.
its really strange, what are they doing//........?????

what do you say about our application, what can be the outcome?

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:18 am

Have you checked your spam folder?

After the call I received the email but it went to my spam folder.

Please check this first..

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:03 pm

Khuram1987 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:18 am
Have you checked your spam folder?

After the call I received the email but it went to my spam folder.

Please check this first..
Nothing in the spam folder I am checking all the folders continuously.
I also sent an online inquiry to check the status of my application. They will reply in 2 working days. Let's see what they reply

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:26 pm

Yes you have done the right thing by emailing them. You should recieve a decision within 15 working days.

There is also a helpline you can call.

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:58 am

Khuram1987 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:26 pm
Yes you have done the right thing by emailing them. You should recieve a decision within 15 working days.

Hello,
Yes I used the same service of online inquiry, this service is charged but they will reply within 2 working days.
Thanks for your help

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:22 pm

Kaif Alo wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:58 am
Khuram1987 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:26 pm

Hello,
Yes I used the same service of online inquiry, this service is charged but they will reply within 2 working days.
Thanks for your help
Today I received the online enquiry reply, it says

Your visa application ref no ......... Is awaiting a decision. Keep on checking your email on daily basic including spam folder aswell.

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:32 pm

I'm sorry that's not the answer you wanted. If they refused it they would have told you already so you can reapply..
You should reply and say that a decision is made in 15 days?

I honestly think they have given your application is successful.

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:20 am

Khuram1987 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:32 pm
I'm sorry that's not the answer you wanted. If they refused it they would have told you already so you can reapply..
You should reply and say that a decision is made in 15 days?

I honestly think they have given your application is successful.
This is there complete reply.

You will usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks, due to the Global Situation the Decision Maker Centre may take longer to process your application.

Your application number ............ status is awaiting a decision, please check your email even the junk email in a daily basis

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:49 am

If you look at my earlier responses. I have spoken to immigration lawyers who have applied for tourist visas during red list. They have said that applicants who have been refused are getting their decisions. Those successful have been told their application is on hold.

I spoke to someone from the visa office on the phone and they said on my application a decision has not been made despite the ECO who called me saying that my application was about to be decided and I should get an email in a day or so. She explained a successful application means I will get the email I did.

Lastly If they know they can't issue visas at this time why would they allow applications? Secondly why would they delay a refusal??

In my humble opinion and according to all the research I have done I believe yours is successful as they would let you know about a refusal straight away.

Regards

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:41 pm

Khuram1987 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:49 am
If you look at my earlier responses. I have spoken to immigration lawyers who have applied for tourist visas during red list. They have said that applicants who have been refused are getting their decisions. Those successful have been told their application is on hold.

I spoke to someone from the visa office on the phone and they said on my application a decision has not been made despite the ECO who called me saying that my application was about to be decided and I should get an email in a day or so. She explained a successful application means I will get the email I did.

Lastly If they know they can't issue visas at this time why would they allow applications? Secondly why would they delay a refusal??

In my humble opinion and according to all the research I have done I believe yours is successful as they would let you know about a refusal straight away.

Regards
thanks so much for providing this information,

did u make any enquiry after you received the email, what's the status of your application currently?

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:53 pm

They just it's a generic email due to the lockdown situation that they send and the status is showing us as "in process".

But they are in the UK and embassy is in Abu Dhabi.

On Tuesday the 15 days will pass for me.

But just need to wait for the red list to be removed and they should grant the visa.

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:24 pm

Khuram1987 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:53 pm
They just it's a generic email due to the lockdown situation that they send and the status is showing us as "in process".

But just need to wait for the red list to be removed and they should grant the visa.
in process or awaiting a decision?

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:28 pm

Kaif Alo wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:24 pm
Khuram1987 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:53 pm

in process or awaiting a decision?
on this sunday your application will have the 15th day, as u said you applied on 7th june...