ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for phd course

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Arpim
Newly Registered
India

Applying for phd course

Post by Arpim » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:03 am

Dear Sir/madam,

I’ve been studying BSc Chemical Engineering on a 3 year visa. It will expire in 2022. When I applied for visa first time to study BSc course in 2018, I didn’t complete it and returned to my home country after 1 semester due to medical issues. I applied again in 2019 and got the visa for current program. After high school, I worked for a company and have a study gap of 8 years.

I have 2 options after my current program. Either I can do integrated phd for 4 years or work for a company in UK. If I study phd course, it will probably lead to me spending more than 10 years in UK if you include post study option. Can it affect my visa outcome? Will they look at my application more strictly and hold an interview and ask me about my 1st visa and study history gap?

I’m asking now because if it’s a complex issue, I will focus on preparing and applying for job opportunities and the job application process from now on instead of phd opportunities. Both of them have very different requirements and take a lot of time and effort.

Thank you in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for phd course

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:35 pm

Arpim wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:03 am
Can it affect my visa outcome?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Arpim
Newly Registered
India

Post by Arpim » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:48 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:35 pm
Arpim wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:03 am
Can it affect my visa outcome?
No.
Is it likely that my application for phd course would be looked in more detail or they would call me for interview? I read 1 person here who had an interview for application in UK for around 1 hour but I don’t know their complete circumstances. Thank you.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:50 pm

Arpim wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:48 pm
Is it likely that my application for phd course would be looked in more detail or they would call me for interview?
No.
Arpim wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:48 pm
I read 1 person here who had an interview for application in UK for around 1 hour but I don’t know their complete circumstances. Thank you.
If you have concerns about your own application, the university sponsoring the visa can advise. I don't advise you base it on other peoples' experiences which will be a completely different situation.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.