ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR surname and Indian passport query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Armyofthedead
Newly Registered
India

ILR surname and Indian passport query

Post by Armyofthedead » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:52 pm

Hi all

I got my ILR two years ago and my surname is listed as A BCDE but my actual surname is A'BCDE.
Indian passport doesn't include apostrophes atleast at the time I applied for a renewed passport in 2011. Thus the ILR ended up having the same surname as Indian passport.

I have indian birth certificates that state my surname is A'BCDE.

My Indian passport expired in march and it has been impossible to find any appointments. I am interested in applying for British citizenship but I want to get my name right so that its correct in my British passport. The way its listed at the moment I. E. A BCDE is confusing as many think A is my initial and BCDE is my surname.

Can I apply for citizenship now with A BCDE and expired Indian passport and then eventually correct it in my British passport?

Any help or guidance on this is massively appreciated.

Thanks