ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal credit spouse visa will it effect the visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mavaas11

Universal credit spouse visa will it effect the visa

Post by mavaas11 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:21 pm

Hi

So I applied for Universal Credit in Feb 2021 and it was approved in March 2021. I am a British citizen, my wife is here on a spouse visa without recourse to public funds. We applied as a couple, as some people said DWP want both spouses incomes, savings etc to take into consideration for Universal Credit, even if the other person is not allowed to apply for universal credit due to immigration status like us.

My wife failed the habitual residency test by DWP as she is subject to immigration control. So we got the decision letter from DWP online. Also the payments we get are the Single rate 25+ of £411.51 + £343.63 for limited capability for work and work related activity. On the statements it says both of our names, but only I'm receiving the money.

So I wanted to know as only I am getting the universal credit, she's not receiving her amount will this be OK for spouse visa.

Secondly, we are expecting a child, and if we receive the child's amount of c. £230 per month. Will this affect my wife's visa as she's on the claim.

Thank you very much

wak9001

Re: Universal credit spouse visa will it effect the visa

Post by wak9001 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:18 pm

Get DWP to write a letter and confirm that your wife is not getting paid UC and it's only yourself and I would also add the letter if you still have it which says she's not entitled to anything because of her immigration status :)

mavaas11

Re: Universal credit spouse visa will it effect the visa

Post by mavaas11 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:39 pm

Thanks Buddy

mavaas11

Passport Scan Applicant Sponsor Certified

Post by mavaas11 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:39 pm

Hi

I would like to know for a FLR(M) extension visa, in regards to applicant and sponsor passports.
I (Sponsor) have a old and current passport. The (Applicant) only has 1 current passport.

Which passports should we scan, and should we scan all the pages.
Also do we need to get them certified.

Also for a child passport, does it all need to be scanned or only the bio page, with no travel.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Passport Scan Applicant Sponsor Certified

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:05 pm

mavaas11 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:39 pm
Hi

I would like to know for a FLR(M) extension visa, in regards to applicant and sponsor passports.
I (Sponsor) have a old and current passport. The (Applicant) only has 1 current passport.

Also for a child passport, does it all need to be scanned or only the bio page, with no travel.

Thanks
There is no requirement to certify the passport. Scan all pages for applicant and while for sponsor some scan only the biodata page, it cost nothing if all pages are scanned and uploaded.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:04 pm

mavaas11 wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:39 pm
Hi

Thanks
On the FLR M application form, you are now asked to scan all passport pages for sponsor and applicants. No need to certify them and also for the child bio page should suffice to show they are British citizen unless instructions from caseworker to scan all pages.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:39 pm

Hi

Thank you Amazonian / TODDMATT

The applicant only has the 1 current passport, how about for the sponsor, I have a current and previous passport, should i scan only current for sponsor or the previous as well.