ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP NEEDED NATURALISATION QUESTION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Khadaffi2002
Newly Registered
Nigeria

HELP NEEDED NATURALISATION QUESTION

Post by Khadaffi2002 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:28 am

Hello Everyone,

I’m in the middle of completing my Naturalisation application and I have a couple of information which I don’t know how to input it.

1. In August 2009 I applied for a spouse visa and I had presented my passport as part of the documents for my application. I was informed the return date stamped on my passport on arrival back in my home country from my first trip to UK in 2005 was different to what the airline confirmed, based on this my spouse visa application was refused and the current visa was cancelled at the time. What are the chances this May affect my application for naturalisation.

2. I also travelled down to the United States in 2013 on arrival I was found inadmissible and. I requested to be return with the next flight. I will like to know if. I need to disclose this in my application. I don’t know what part of the application I should this in because where I tried adding this info to can only accept 500words (DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER DETAILS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED) and I honestly don’t know how to move forward.

3. In 2017, I had a dispute with my wife and the police was called and they took me away in their van and ended up sleeping at the station. They asked me a couple of question and I was cooperating with them, the next money they came and release me saying I can go. I wasn’t given any paper, notice or caution so kindly tel me what I need to do and where I need to disclose this information on the form.

secret.simon

Re: HELP NEEDED NATURALISATION QUESTION

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:12 am

Khadaffi2002 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:28 am
1. In August 2009 I applied for a spouse visa and I had presented my passport as part of the documents for my application. I was informed the return date stamped on my passport on arrival back in my home country from my first trip to UK in 2005 was different to what the airline confirmed, based on this my spouse visa application was refused and the current visa was cancelled at the time. What are the chances this May affect my application for naturalisation.

2. I also travelled down to the United States in 2013 on arrival I was found inadmissible and. I requested to be return with the next flight. I will like to know if. I need to disclose this in my application. I don’t know what part of the application I should this in because where I tried adding this info to can only accept 500words (DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER DETAILS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED) and I honestly don’t know how to move forward.
I suggest applying for a Subject Access Request with the Home Office to see what they have on record for you.

Once we know that, we can advise further.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:06 am

Khadaffi2002 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:28 am

1-What visa route do you have currently?

2-Why the HO called the airline about your return stamp? did you send with your application a booking ticket holds a date same what on the stamp? or a different date?

Please explain more to understand your case to help you?

Khadaffi2002
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Khadaffi2002 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:44 pm

1-What visa route do you have currently?

I currently have indefinite leave to remain.

2-Why the HO called the airline about your return stamp? did you send with your application a booking ticket holds a date same what on the stamp? or a different date?

I believe it’s part of the check process they use then as I was holding a visiting visa back then and I wanted to switch from that visiting visa to spouse visa then. They called the airline I used on my first trip because the stamp was at the back of my passport. Although after the valid visitor’s visa I held then was cancelled and the application for spouse visa was refused I tried to appeal and also reapplied for another visiting visa and was refused. My relationship with my ex wife broke down and we divorced and in 2014 I remarried and applied for a spouse visa which was approved, but every time I travel out of UK and l return back to UK I get stopped and checked at the boarder, which happen on several occasions, the 5th time that happened I had a talk with the Boarder control officer that attended to me and she said there was a flag on the details held about me due to my immigration history with UK and promised to get it removed so when next I travel and I’m returning I won’t be stopped for questioning. Which never happened again because after that trip I took another trip out of the country and I was never bothered on return back at the border.

Concerning my US entry refusal, it didn’t happen with the UK as I don’t have a UK visa then, i travelled from Nigeria to US on a US visa and was refused entry as they found me inadmissible. Although I listed it on my applications with the UK when I applied for my spouse visa. Every time I apply to extend my spouse visa I put it in the application where they ask if you have ever been refused entry into UK or any other country. Problem now is there’s no where I can include this information on the Naturalisation application and I want to state it so it doesn’t look like it was never mentioned.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:50 pm

I think there is no problem with you because they granted you a spouse visa, if anything bad they hold against you, they refuse your spouse visa.
I suggest you do not mention that in your application, and before that you can request SAR and see what they hold.
Regards

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:45 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:50 pm
I think there is no problem with you because they granted you a spouse visa, if anything bad they hold against you, they refuse your spouse visa.
Not necessarily true. The laws and rules for immigration (upto and including ILR) and naturalisation are completely different and the good character requirement for naturalisation looks at much more than the specific requirements for spousal or any other visas.

So don't assume that if you have a string of visas that all is fine and hunky-dory and smooth sailing for naturalisation.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Khadaffi2002
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Khadaffi2002 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:06 pm

So where can I disclose all this information, I’m positive this wouldn’t have much effect on my application since they have all this details and I have always mentioned it in all my application. The only one I’m more worried about is the US entry refusal. I need to know where I can include all this details. Or can I type it in a different paper and attach it with the documents and sending and as for the police incident I’m emailing them to send me all the information regarding that day so I know what to include in my application

dexmo

Post by dexmo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:25 pm

Khadaffi2002 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:06 pm
So where can I disclose all this information, I’m positive this wouldn’t have much effect on my application since they have all this details and I have always mentioned it in all my application. The only one I’m more worried about is the US entry refusal. I need to know where I can include all this details. Or can I type it in a different paper and attach it with the documents and sending and as for the police incident I’m emailing them to send me all the information regarding that day so I know what to include in my application
Your US entry refusal is irrelevant to application for naturalisation - you do not need to provide any detail, it isn't an offense of any sort. Your 2017 police incident, once you've got your SAR back and can see how it's been recorded on the Police National Computer System / in your record you can decide whether you need to declare it in your naturalisation application as per the good character requirement guidelines. Providing it's not been recorded as an arrest or caution or warning I don't think you'd need to declare it either.

Khadaffi2002
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Khadaffi2002 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:30 am

Thank you so much