ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU3 still pending decision after 1 year, did anybody get approval?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BaboiDamo
Greece

EU3 still pending decision after 1 year, did anybody get approval?

Post by BaboiDamo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:58 pm

Hi everyone,

My partner applied for permanent residency in March 2020 after 5 years of S4 EU Fam.
Her permit got extended 3 times so far, last time today, until Dec 2021, after she emailed EU Treaty Rights asking for an update... they said the decision is still pending.

Did anybody receive approval recently?
She is also a full time health care assistant but they don't seem to care...

Our problem is that her IRP shows a S4 now, not a EU Fam, so she should ask for Visa when traveling to Europe🤦

Thanks in advance

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Re: EU3 still pending decision after 1 year, did anybody get approval?

Post by raja.brit » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:36 pm

BaboiDamo wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:58 pm
Hi everyone,

My partner applied for permanent residency in March 2020 after 5 years of S4 EU Fam.
Her permit got extended 3 times so far, last time today, until Dec 2021, after she emailed EU Treaty Rights asking for an update... they said the decision is still pending.

Our problem is that her IRP shows a S4 now, not a EU Fam, so she should ask for Visa when traveling to Europe🤦

Thanks in advance
I personally don't recall anyone getting EU3 approval for 2020 in this forum though I have heard from outside sources few of them got with few months last year. Coz of Covid lockdown, the wait seems to be way over 6months.

We have applied for EU3 last month.

I reckon you must be a British Citizen. Did you apply for her S4 EUFAM to be changed to S4 part of the Card Exchange Program?

Also may I know when did EUTR mail you the S4 extension till Dec 2021?

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:49 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:36 pm
BaboiDamo wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:58 pm
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance
I personally don't recall anyone getting EU3 approval for 2020 in this forum though I have heard from outside sources few of them got with few months last year. Coz of Covid lockdown, the wait seems to be way over 6months.

We have applied for EU3 last month.

I reckon you must be a British Citizen. Did you apply for her S4 EUFAM to be changed to S4 part of the Card Exchange Program?

Also may I know when did EUTR mail you the S4 extension till Dec 2021?
Well let s wait and see.
No I m Italian, they give you a stamp 4 because the decision is pending and it is not granted under EU Treaty Rights, or at least that s what I understood.
We emailed yesterday.

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Post by griffith » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:59 pm

I applied for an eu3 in October last year.
Visa expired in January.
Nothing received yet. Not even a temporary permission.
Stay strong & never Give up!

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:19 am

Why don't we update the timeline in the following thread?

ireland/eu3-eu5-waiting-times-t306531.html

I will do mine now

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:21 am

Nevermind, that thread is locked.

@Moderators are we ok to open a new thread for EU3 Application Wait Time? No point in creating one if you are going to lock it.

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:01 am

Hi @raja.brit, @griffith,

Any news on your side?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:42 am

BaboiDamo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:01 am

Any news on your side?
Hi BaboiDamo

No news at all. I emailed EU Treaty rights yesterday requesting for a postal acknowledgement which they are yet to send through I obtained email acknowledgement n application reference number via email.

It would be great if you can update your timeline if you haven't already in the following thread that has been created.

ireland/eu3-timeline-for-non-eu-family- ... 14921.html

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:18 am

raja.brit wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:42 am
BaboiDamo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:01 am

Any news on your side?
Hi BaboiDamo

No news at all. I emailed EU Treaty rights yesterday requesting for a postal acknowledgement which they are yet to send through I obtained email acknowledgement n application reference number via email.

It would be great if you can update your timeline if you haven't already in the following thread that has been created.

ireland/eu3-timeline-for-non-eu-family- ... 14921.html
Thanks, timeline updated

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Post by griffith » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:01 pm

No i haven't received anything so far.
Eu3 applied in October last year and i only got an acknowledgement soon after I applied.
S4euf expired in January this year.
I haven't sent them any email as i have seen a notice that all permissions are automatically extended until September 2021.
Stay strong & never Give up!

mrworld9

Post by mrworld9 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:31 pm

I am in the same situation. My wife and daughter applied for EU3 earlier this year. Current permit expires in July but as you mentioned, the permit is automatically extended until September 2021.

Here is my question though...if they travel outside of Ireland before July, will they be allowed back in the country in September after the stamp on their passport must have expired? Or must they be in Ireland until their EU3 application is approved? Thank you.

griffith wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:01 pm
Eu3 applied in October last year and i only got an acknowledgement soon after I applied.
I haven't sent them any email as i have seen a notice that all permissions are automatically extended until September 2021.
Life is a journey.........

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:11 pm

mrworld9 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:31 pm
I am in the same situation. My wife and daughter applied for EU3 earlier this year. Current permit expires in July but as you mentioned, the permit is automatically extended until September 2021.

Here is my question though...if they travel outside of Ireland before July, will they be allowed back in the country in September after the stamp on their passport must have expired? Or must they be in Ireland until their EU3 application is approved? Thank you.

griffith wrote:
You see, according to Irish Immigration database, the permissions expires in September 2021. The issue is when you travel after Stamp 4 expiry data on Passport, how would the airline staff or border control outside Ireland would interpret is the question.

So I would email EU Treaty rights to issue a Temporary Stamp 4 extension letter n then get the Stamp 4 updated in the local Gards Station before travelling.

I hope it makes sense.

mrworld9

Post by mrworld9 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:16 pm

Thanks for the advice, Raja.brit.

Will surely follow up on that. Cheers.

raja.brit wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:11 pm
mrworld9 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:31 pm

griffith wrote:
You see, according to Irish Immigration database, the permissions expires in September 2021. The issue is when you travel after Stamp 4 expiry data on Passport, how would the airline staff or border control outside Ireland would interpret is the question.

So I would email EU Treaty rights to issue a Temporary Stamp 4 extension letter n then get the Stamp 4 updated in the local Gards Station before travelling.

I hope it makes sense.
Life is a journey.........

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:55 pm

Hi guys, sorry to bump this, anybody got any news?
We are at the 15 months mark now...

I saw from other threads that recently there were approvals for EU1 s, so it seems that things are moving on...

Thanks

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sunflower35 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:09 am

My neighbour applied EU3 august last year got temporary stamp twice and approval in March this year took 7 months in total . He is British. Application was for his wife .I don’t know if this was pure Luck or his papers were in order

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:18 am

Sunflower35 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:09 am
My neighbour applied EU3 august last year got temporary stamp twice and approval in March this year took 7 months in total . He is British. Application was for his wife .I don’t know if this was pure Luck or his papers were in order
Thanks for your reply @Sunflower35,

I appreciate that our application may not be as straight forward as others since we are not married, but nothing changed after we got approved the EU1 in 2015 and they have not requested any additional document. Actually the EU1 was approved in 4 months, we applied with a solicitor back then.
However 15 months is starting to be a bit of a long time, if we don t get a reply in a couple of weeks I wonder if we should follow up with a solicitor again.

Harley06
San Marino

Post by Harley06 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:46 am

Mine has been also like 16-17 months and still no reply. I mean I consider mine is pretty straight forward probably same as a lot of you but still no reply.

I tempt to go to a solicitor but I am not sure yet.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:25 pm

applied for EU3 in January but no news yet visa expiring end of august 2021,
Do I need to go to the registration office in Garda or wait for INIS TO REPLY?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:35 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:25 pm
applied for EU3 in January but no news yet visa expiring end of august 2021,
Do I need to go to the registration office in Garda or wait for INIS TO REPLY?
Email EU Treaty few weeks before the expiry of permission requesting for Stamp 4 extension and they should send you one.

Caterpillar22
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Caterpillar22 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm in the same boat and received a permission letter for my first temporary extension until March 2022 having applied on the basis of my French husbands.

When filling out the online renewal form, is it correct to put 'Stamp 4' under the 'Permission Type for Renewal' or are you supposed to put down 'Stamp 4 EUFAM'? Additionally is the answer to the "Do any of these sub-categories apply to you?" "None of the above"?

I'm also assuming we need to the €300 for these temporary permissions and there's no way to avoid this!

Thanks in advance!

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:40 pm

Thanks for your feedback @Harley06,

Yes it is definitely taking too much, it is a shame.

@caterpillar22 no you should not pay anything, you can select either or, they will probably give you only stamp 4 for those temporary extensions, that s what they did with us.

Only for the first extension the stamp was eufam and I think they just made a mistake.

Caterpillar22
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Caterpillar22 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:05 pm

@BaboiDamo - thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate. Can I ask how you avoided the €300 payment? When I complete the online renewal form, I’m immediately taken the payment page in order to fully submit my form.

Thanks again!

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:14 pm

Caterpillar22 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:05 pm
@BaboiDamo - thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate. Can I ask how you avoided the €300 payment? When I complete the online renewal form, I’m immediately taken the payment page in order to fully submit my form.

Thanks again!
Had the same concern, you need to select " I m joining my EU spouse/partner"

Harley06
San Marino

Post by Harley06 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:00 pm

I heard that the best in this case, not asking any new extension until the week before of the current extension expires. When we ask an extension, they will postpone the case automatically as it won’t be priority.

Claire2021
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Claire2021 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Hello Guys , I applied for Eu3 on February 2020 , and today is 06/07/2021 and my application still pending.
my husband is Spanish and we are married since June 2012
First stamp received in April 2015
Our daughter( Spanish) was born in Ireland and now waiting on her naturalization( last email said her application is well advanced , I have no clue was this means)

My husband was working here all time never on social welfare and I am working as a manager for a company in Dublin.

the problem is as follow: I just discovered last week and by complete accident that my husband is sleeping with random women .
I am still in chock and I didn't confront him.
I know separation divorce for an immigrant needs extra thinking specially if you have kids.
I really don't know what to do and where to begin.
Please help!