ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is my Employment Permit Number?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mmssaa
India

Employment Visa submitting passport queries

Post by mmssaa » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:55 pm

Hi there,
I am currently in the UK and I would be applying for UK's Skilled Worker Visa and Ireland's Employment Visa in parallel soon.

As I understand, I need to submit my original passport along with other documents when applying for Ireland's Employment Visa. For the UK's Skilled Worker Visa, I was informed here that I don't need to submit my original passport.

Query 1:
Can you confirm if my above understanding is correct that I do need to submit my original passport for Ireland's Employment Visa, but I don't need to submit for UK's Skilled Worker Visa since I am in the UK?

Query 2:
Can you please tell me would there be a problem when applying for UK's Skilled Worker Visa and Ireland's Employment Visa in parallel?

Many thanks in advance.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Employment Visa submitting passport queries

Post by littlerr » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:16 pm

Have you got an employment permit? You cannot apply for a visa without a permit.

If you have got an EP for Ireland, it means you have accepted the work offer and either you or your employer has paid 1000 euro for your EP. I don’t know the process in the UK but I’m pretty sure you have to accept your offer in the UK first as well in order to apply for a UK work visa. Are you in a legal position to accept two job offers at the same time?

Yes you are required to submit your original passport for the Irish visa. They also require you to submit proofs that you are legally residing in the UK. The immigration data between the UK and Ireland is shared, so they will know that you have applied for visas in both countries.

Whether that will have any negative effect, it’s hard to say, but it is likely that they will ask you to clarify why you have applied for work visa in two countries at the same time.

mmssaa
India

Post by mmssaa » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:18 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:16 pm
Have you got an employment permit? You cannot apply for a visa without a permit.
Yes
littlerr wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:16 pm
Are you in a legal position to accept two job offers at the same time?
I have accepted two job offers at the same time and I have not revealed to either that I hold another offer. May I know if there is any rule that I cannot? and will I land in trouble since I have accepted two job offers?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:17 pm

That depends on both of your contracts. It’s not an immigration matter, so it’s not something we would discuss here.

On the Irish immigration side, a CSEP occupies a space for non-EU workers’ quota. Especially for smaller companies, the position is quite precious. The employer may have some clauses preventing you from simply leaving without a penalty.

The EP also demands that you must work for the same employer for at least a whole year before you can change to a different employer in Ireland. You can of course choose not to work in Ireland for this year. I am not sure if there’s anything similar on the UK side.

mmssaa
India

Personal Tax Statements & Income Tax Returns (Last 3 Financial Years) Query

Post by mmssaa » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:25 pm

Hi there,

I am currently in the UK working on a Tier 2 ICT visa. Since I am employed, I pay all my tax ‘at source’, that is, through Pay As You Earn (PAYE).

I will be applying for Ireland's Employment Visa.

I read here that I need to submit "personal tax statements" when applying for the visa. I also read somewhere that I need to submit "Income Tax Returns (Last 3 Financial Years)"

I have P60. Would that just be sufficient?

I don't understand how to obtain Personal Tax Statements & Income Tax Returns (Last 3 Financial Years). Can you kindly help me with this?

mmssaa
India

What is my Employment Permit Number?

Post by mmssaa » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:36 am

Hi there,

I am trying to fill the online application form to apply for the Long Term Employment Visa.

On the Employment details section, I am getting a question to enter the reference number of my Work Permit

On my Employment Permit, I can see the following three things:
- Our Ref
- Application ID
- Employee ID

Can you please tell me which one I must enter in the Employment Permit Number field?

mmssaa
India

Re: What is my Employment Permit Number?

Post by mmssaa » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:16 pm

I was informed that it may be Employee ID. Please let me know if anyone thinks otherwise.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:23 pm

You were looking at the cover letter for the Employment Permit. You are not looking at the Employment Permit itself. The Employment Permit has the permit number on both the top right corner and also in the body of the permit.

mmssaa
India

Re: Private Health Insurance for Long Stay Visa

Post by mmssaa » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:26 pm

Hi there,

I am applying for a Long Stay Visa from the UK.

On this website, http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Em ... ts%20etc.), it says "If your visa is approved, you must have evidence of medical/travel insurance when you arrive at the port of entry (airport/seaport) and must present it to the Immigration Officer on request."

Q1) Should I get a "Full private medical insurance cover for the entire duration of the proposed stay"?
Q2) If yes, can anyone suggest any private insurer, please? I just saw the most basic cover and the scheme starts from €42.25 / month.
Q3) I guess I need to get medical insurance for my entire stay. If I get a visa for 12 months then should I pay €42.25*12 = €507?

Please help

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:29 pm

Actual Employment Permit:

mmssaa
India

Post by mmssaa » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:33 pm

Perfect, thank you so much.

There is no "Employment Permit Number" on my Employment Permit, instead, I have "Permit Holder ID". Maybe they have renamed it.

I guess in your employment Permit, the Employee ID and Employment Permit No. would be the same.

mmssaa
India

Re: Private Health Insurance for Long Stay Visa

Post by mmssaa » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:35 pm

mmssaa wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:26 pm
Hi there,

I am applying for a Long Stay Visa from the UK.

On this website, http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Em ... ts%20etc.), it says "If your visa is approved, you must have evidence of medical/travel insurance when you arrive at the port of entry (airport/seaport) and must present it to the Immigration Officer on request."

Q1) Should I get a "Full private medical insurance cover for the entire duration of the proposed stay"?
Q2) If yes, can anyone suggest any private insurer, please? I just saw the most basic cover and the scheme starts from €42.25 / month.
Q3) I guess I need to get medical insurance for my entire stay. If I get a visa for 12 months then should I pay €42.25*12 = €507?

Please help
Can you/anyone kindly answer this? Many thanks in advance.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:36 pm

If you know where you are going to live, you can buy from any of the Irish health insurance providers. 500 euro sounds fair. If you don't know where you are going to stay yet, you can buy a short term travel insurance from your own country to cover the first few days/weeks, and only buy the remaining days when you have confirmed accommodation.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:37 pm

Employer ID is in the form of 12345678AB. Employment Permit Number is usually a 7 or 8 digit number.

Of course they may have changed it. I don't expect it to be an issue anyway, as you will need to submit your permit as part of your visa application.

mmssaa
India

Post by mmssaa » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:54 pm

Thank you littlerr. Much much appreciated.

mmssaa
India

Post by mmssaa » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:14 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:36 pm
If you know where you are going to live, you can buy from any of the Irish health insurance providers. 500 euro sounds fair. If you don't know where you are going to stay yet, you can buy a short term travel insurance from your own country to cover the first few days/weeks, and only buy the remaining days when you have confirmed accommodation.
Can I purchase a private health insurance policy, travel to Ireland, and then cancel it after a month or two?

If you think why I wanna cancel it, it is because I will be paying National Insurance Tax and if I don't feel well, I can always go to the NHS, right? (sorry, I am not sure what is equivalent of National Insurance & NHS in Ireland)

Is it mandatory to always have private insurance?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:24 pm

There is no free healthcare in Ireland. You must pay for all medical expenses, unless you belong to one of those low income categories. Therefore, it is important to have health insurance in case you fall very ill and could not afford to pay medical bills.

If your visa requirement explicitly says it needs to cover your whole period, then you must have it at all times. You may be required to show proof of insurance when you renew your permission.

mmssaa
India

Post by mmssaa » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:02 pm

Crystal clear, thank you once again.

mmssaa
India

Does the DETE noting down the new employment start date matter when applying for a visa?

Post by mmssaa » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:43 pm

Hi there,

I received my employment permit last year and I informed after a few months to DETE about the delay in my employment start date. They replied, "I have noted this on file". They usually reply after a few days or sometimes weeks.

Today I emailed them about my new employment start date, but I have an appointment to submit the documents in the Irish Visa Application Center day after tomorrow.

1) Does the DETE noting down the new employment start date matter when applying for a visa?
2) If yes, should I postpone submitting my documents to the Irish Visa Application Center until I get confirmation from DETE that they have noted my new start date?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:03 pm

I don’t believe that the two departments would talk to each other or have a way of tracking changes the other department made. If I were you, I would submit the application as is, but add a cover letter to it explaining anything that they may find interesting. You can say in the letter that you have sent the new dates to DETE, and maybe also explain why your start date has been delayed by so much (I guess it’s related to COVID).

mmssaa
India

Post by mmssaa » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:05 pm

Hi there,

Thanks again for the response.

One quick question - I see that I need to submit the following letter:
Letter from your employer in Ireland:
A signed letter from your employer in Ireland confirming details of your position and salary to be paid. If
you employer is to provide you with accommodation details of this should also be included. The letter
must be on headed paper with the company’s contact and registration details
Should this letter be addressed by my employer to the visa officer or me?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:20 pm

It doesn't really matter. Some companies prefer to address to INIS. Others prefer to address to the employee (or simply address to no one). They should have a template for such letters.

mmssaa
India

Post by mmssaa » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:25 am

Perfect, thanks.

One final question - I can see on the following website that any "Any large lodgements must be explained" - http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Em ... ts%20etc.)

In the past few months, I have made multiple large withdrawls from my bank account to Binance(cryptocurrency exchange) to invest in cryptocurrencies.

How do I explain this in a letter? Appreciate it if you can send a sample letter.

mmssaa
India

Post by mmssaa » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:09 pm

mmssaa wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:25 am
Perfect, thanks.

One final question - I can see on the following website that any "Any large lodgements must be explained" - http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Em ... ts%20etc.)

In the past few months, I have made multiple large withdrawls from my bank account to Binance(cryptocurrency exchange) to invest in cryptocurrencies.

How do I explain this in a letter? Appreciate it if you can send a sample letter.
Please ignore this. Apologies.