ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prospects for a greencard?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Adam3030
Newly Registered

Prospects for a greencard?

Post by Adam3030 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:48 pm

Hi everyone hope everyone's well during these tough times - just wanted a little advice on my visa dilemma it's quite a long post (not too complex I don't think) so please do excuse me
I can confirm everything written below is 100% honest and I have not fabricated any part of the story in my favour

Just some basic background I am a 26 year old male, born in the UK, I currently own a store in London - which I am heavily invested in (half a million pounds of investment) and business wise it is doing great. I have quite a vast travel history, never any issues with overstaying etc

History with police- I guess my issues start here. I have unfortunately 3 arrests, in the past.
In 2012 (I believe?) I was arrested for a rape allegation (please don't judge me, it was a false allegation by a bitter ex girlfriend immediately after I broke up with her), I was arrested, questioned, and no further action was taken, as it was a crystal clear false allegation.

In 2016 I was arrested on two occasions, for common assault, (again the circumstances were questionable) and as the police could see I'm not a bad guy and both situations weren't entirely my fault as such, on both occasions I was cautioned. So officially I have absolutely 0 criminal convictions. Bare in mind, the assaults were only some pushing and shoving,not violence as such.

In around 2015 or so, I decided I wanted to visit the USA, for a general holiday, I at this point had no ties with anyone in America, while I was planning a trip to America, I got talking with a girl from New York, it was all casual, and we planned on meeting up in America for lunch and she would show me around etc.. For the record, we were just friends and I was not at all travelling to see her at all.

As my first arrest required me to get a visa, I went to the USA embassy and instantly got refused, I think I was around 18/19 years old when I first got refused, I forgot under which section, but it was the one where I had not proven very strong ties to the UK and it wasn't to do with my prior arrests

A few months later, I booked another interview but this time I was more prepared and took with me bank statements etc to show that financially I'm stable over here and well settled. This time I was not instantly refused but I was put on administrative processing, meaning my case would be reviewed, the majority consensus online was that when this is the case, visa is normally granted.

Unfortunately that one was refused a few weeks later  for the same reason, as I didn't show enough ties to the UK

All this point I'd still been talking to the girl from America, and things are getting more serious. So we met once in Pakistan (a country we are both easily able to access)

We then met a second time in Pakistan a year later. One year after that her and her whole family came to visit me in the UK as we plan marriage and a wedding.

As she had travelled out of her country 3 times to meet me at this point I decided to try to apply for an American tourist visa again, so I could now visit her in her country, (this was about 3-4 years after my last refusal). As things had changed since last time I was honest with embassy staff and told them I am visiting my fiance and that the previous times I applied for a visa, it was not for her but things have now changed. I was once again refused for not showing strong enough ties to the UK

We got married 6 months ago in Pakistan when covid restrictions begun to ease off, and she is currently staying with me in the UK on a tourist visa, next month she will be going back home and I will begin her citizenship application process as relocating to America is not an option due to my business here.

Of course I still want to visit her in the states while the visa process is on going and just in general it would be nice to visit her home country with her.

Based on the information above, how likely are my prospects for a green card or tourist visa now that we are married?

Although I do want to visit America, I won't be gutted if I can't, it's a big world and there's many other places to see. But I would appreciate some honest feedback!
Thank you for reading!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Prospects for a greencard?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:17 am

I can't answer your US visa queries unfortunately.
and I will begin her citizenship application process as relocating to America is not an option due to my business here.
However, assuming you mean British citizenship with this statement, she doesn't qualify for British citizenship simply because she is married to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Re: Prospects for a greencard?

Post by Nefertiiti » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:04 pm

Adam3030 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:48 pm
Hi everyone hope everyone's well during these tough times - just wanted a little advice on my visa dilemma it's quite a long post (not too complex I don't think) so please do excuse me
I can confirm everything written below is 100% honest and I have not fabricated any part of the story in my favour

Just some basic background I am a 26 year old male, born in the UK, I currently own a store in London - which I am heavily invested in (half a million pounds of investment) and business wise it is doing great. I have quite a vast travel history, never any issues with overstaying etc

History with police- I guess my issues start here. I have unfortunately 3 arrests, in the past.
In 2012 (I believe?) I was arrested for a rape allegation (please don't judge me, it was a false allegation by a bitter ex girlfriend immediately after I broke up with her), I was arrested, questioned, and no further action was taken, as it was a crystal clear false allegation.

In 2016 I was arrested on two occasions, for common assault, (again the circumstances were questionable) and as the police could see I'm not a bad guy and both situations weren't entirely my fault as such, on both occasions I was cautioned. So officially I have absolutely 0 criminal convictions. Bare in mind, the assaults were only some pushing and shoving,not violence as such.

In around 2015 or so, I decided I wanted to visit the USA, for a general holiday, I at this point had no ties with anyone in America, while I was planning a trip to America, I got talking with a girl from New York, it was all casual, and we planned on meeting up in America for lunch and she would show me around etc.. For the record, we were just friends and I was not at all travelling to see her at all.

As my first arrest required me to get a visa, I went to the USA embassy and instantly got refused, I think I was around 18/19 years old when I first got refused, I forgot under which section, but it was the one where I had not proven very strong ties to the UK and it wasn't to do with my prior arrests

A few months later, I booked another interview but this time I was more prepared and took with me bank statements etc to show that financially I'm stable over here and well settled. This time I was not instantly refused but I was put on administrative processing, meaning my case would be reviewed, the majority consensus online was that when this is the case, visa is normally granted.

Unfortunately that one was refused a few weeks later  for the same reason, as I didn't show enough ties to the UK

All this point I'd still been talking to the girl from America, and things are getting more serious. So we met once in Pakistan (a country we are both easily able to access)

We then met a second time in Pakistan a year later. One year after that her and her whole family came to visit me in the UK as we plan marriage and a wedding.

As she had travelled out of her country 3 times to meet me at this point I decided to try to apply for an American tourist visa again, so I could now visit her in her country, (this was about 3-4 years after my last refusal). As things had changed since last time I was honest with embassy staff and told them I am visiting my fiance and that the previous times I applied for a visa, it was not for her but things have now changed. I was once again refused for not showing strong enough ties to the UK

We got married 6 months ago in Pakistan when covid restrictions begun to ease off, and she is currently staying with me in the UK on a tourist visa, next month she will be going back home and I will begin her citizenship application process as relocating to America is not an option due to my business here.

Of course I still want to visit her in the states while the visa process is on going and just in general it would be nice to visit her home country with her.

Based on the information above, how likely are my prospects for a green card or tourist visa now that we are married?

Although I do want to visit America, I won't be gutted if I can't, it's a big world and there's many other places to see. But I would appreciate some honest feedback!
Thank you for reading!
Are your parents both from Pakistan? That might have something to do with your visa refusals. Since you are married, you can't get a Tourist visa, instead she will have to apply for permanent residence on your behalf.
Nefertiiti