ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

here4tier1

Post by here4tier1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:00 pm

I do't know how to react .... i called HO once again ..... the only reply i was getting was "we can not do progress checks as the apps received till 29 aug are under process and as you have applied on 18th Sep, there is no way i can check the progress" .......

After eating his brain for 15 mins and telling him tht ur automated system is announcing 29th Sept, he finally took my ref number and told me the "Your Case has been Assigned to a case worker on last friday and you should check in another couple of weeks" ... :shock:

amazing stuff happaing here guys ..... dnt knw hw to react

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:17 pm

JESSIES wrote:grant - from my understand tier 1 and hsmp (before 30 June) are processed differently, therefore the processing time is different

If you applied before 30 June your case is getting processed with the 'old' hsmp visas, therefore in theory your waiting time is longer because there are cases from the beginning-middle of the year that are not assessed yet.

For people who applied after 30 June their case are assessed by different case workers and in theory, the turn around time should be quicker as 'oldest' application would be on the 1st of July.

I hope that makes sense. It's what HO explained to me
Sorry mate, but what u r saying is completely wrong. as the I applied under tier1 and not HSMP from within UK and not outside UK.

I applied for Tier1 and not HSMP approval letter(OLD Hsmp). so ur theory is not applicable here.

HO stopped accepting HSMP aproval letter (or as per u OLD HSMP) application as of 29/02/08 from within UK and all the people who applied from UK from 01/03/08 onwatds Applied under tier-1 and not OLD HSMP. There are many people who are still waiting who actually applied in APr-MAY-JUNE and also on Trackitt forum. We are the people who have been processed first then SEPT applications.

Hope this clarify and help!!

Regards
Last edited by grant1 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:24 pm

itguy_uk wrote: When i called HO last week, i have been told that my application was in final stages. But when i called today, "It is still under consideration"
I got the same answer from 1 lady on the phone when i rang them for the first time on 15/08 and after that everytime i called them, till today they keep on telling me that its "still under consideration". so, if she toild u 2 weeks ago that its in final stages it doesnt mean anything except that its assigned to a CW.
itguy_uk wrote: That really makes sense. I totally agree with you JESSIES
U cant just agree with wht works in ur favour or wht u wanna hear. Always analyse the situation claerly first.

Hope this explains everything!!

Regards

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:27 pm

hey grant, thanks for the info but I am really confused now :( But not to worry, I am going to 'train' myself to not think about anything for at least 2 weeks.I've been on the comp all day looking at visa stuff which is really unhealthy :( I

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:30 pm

JESSIES wrote:hey grant, thanks for the info but I am really confused now :( But not to worry, I am going to 'train' myself to not think about anything for at least 2 weeks.I've been on the comp all day looking at visa stuff which is really unhealthy :( I
Believe me mate. i have been doing that all aug and sept. every single day waiting for post to come thru and go thru all these forums and in the end i got quite frustrated. thats why i left everything on god and try and do other stuff and get on with day to day life. its not healthy at all to think about all this (the only good thing is perhaps it made me kind of an expert on immigration issues :) , Just Kidding).

Take my advice and just leave this thing alone. thats why i havent called HO for more than a month.

itguy_uk

Post by itguy_uk » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:02 pm

grant1 wrote:
JESSIES wrote:hey grant, thanks for the info but I am really confused now :( But not to worry, I am going to 'train' myself to not think about anything for at least 2 weeks.I've been on the comp all day looking at visa stuff which is really unhealthy :( I
Believe me mate. i have been doing that all aug and sept. every single day waiting for post to come thru and go thru all these forums and in the end i got quite frustrated. thats why i left everything on god and try and do other stuff and get on with day to day life. its not healthy at all to think about all this (the only good thing is perhaps it made me kind of an expert on immigration issues :) , Just Kidding).

Take my advice and just leave this thing alone. thats why i havent called HO for more than a month.
Thanks for the clarification

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:37 pm

Last edited by grant1 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:38 pm

no probs guys,

i am in ur situation as well and understand the pain quite well.

itguy_uk,
as far as i remember from one of ur old posts, u had some problems with payment and u applied through agency first right. when did u apply for the 2nd time and did u do it urself this time. agencies are very doggy.

jessis,
when did u file ur application? and wht category are u switching from?

There are actually people going as far as MARCH and APR 2008 who applied for Tier-1 not HSMP from within UK and are still waiting after Almost 6-7months of wait. things become more scary when u see this

see the link:-

www.spammer.com/discuss/hsmpi/13702507/

www.spammer.com/discuss/hsmpi/20486477/

www.spammer.com/discuss/hsmpi/17090171/

www.spammer.com/discuss/hsmpi/20849441/

Regards

Regards

Grant

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:09 pm

heya Grant

I applied on the 16th of Sept.
Deducted: 16 Sept
WP > Tier 1

I hope i get my visa before xmas so I can resign immediately and not be left behind in cold London when everyone goes holidaying in France for xmas :(

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:11 pm

I decided before i applied that if i did not get my visa in 4 months time i would just withdraw it because I only intend to stay in London until next December.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:13 pm

heya grant - I also forgot to add that it was assigned to a case worker on the 10th of October.

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:18 pm

JESSIES wrote:heya grant - I also forgot to add that it was assigned to a case worker on the 10th of October.
if ur case is assigned to CW only on 10th OCT, then be paitent and wait for 2-3weeks and if ur case is straight forward, you will get ur docs back.

Regards

:)

ob40

Tier - 1 Approved

Post by ob40 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Dear All,

I finally got my passport with Tier-1 visa today. My time lines are,

applied - 22 Aug
received at HO - 26 Aug
ref dated - 26 Aug
case assigned to case worker - 23 Sept,
approval letter dated - 23 Sept,
visas issued - 23 Sept
documents posted by HO - 10 Oct
documents received - 13 Oct.

Number of dependants - 4

As I am a pre-Nov 2006 HSMP participant, my case was decided on the JR judgement even though I applied on a Tier - 1 form, fulfilled all the requirements and had 120 points. But I am happy for this to end successfully which ever way.

I dont know why did it take the HO so long to post the visas.

I am grateful to every one here for their kind support and guidance through out.

Thank you and best wishes

OB40

madihi11
Newly Registered

Re: Tier - 1 Approved

Post by madihi11 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:42 pm

hi Ob40 and Jessies

How do you know when your applications were assigned to a caseworker? did you call a number to check?

Many thanks for your prompt response

Mi

ob40

Post by ob40 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:45 pm

madihi11 wrote:hi Ob40 and Jessies

How do you know when your applications were assigned to a caseworker? did you call a number to check?

Many thanks for your prompt response

Mi
Hello Madihi11,

I called on the CC number and selected options 2 and then 1 and waited for a CC staff member from whom I asked the status of my application. I am not sure but I think they use the terms "assigned to case worker" and "under consideration" interchangably. Option 2 - 1 currently hangs up before a CC staff member can pick up. You can try your luck with option 2 - 2.

Regards

OB40

daroori
Newly Registered

Hi OB40

Post by daroori » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:47 am

I applied for EC on 4th Sept 08 and I did not my status yet.

Yesterday I mailed BHC, Chennai and I recieve the reply as below:

Thank you for your e-mail.
A decision is yet to be made on your visa application.

I am sorry I am unable to give you a timeframe for a decision. Due to the large influx of applications in this category, there has been a backlog and we are doing our best to clear the same.

We will keep you updated on the outcome of the same.

Yours sincerely,

UK Border Agency
Visa Services

What does this statement mean "A decision is yet to be made on your visa application"? Does it mean a case worker is assigned and decision is pending? or a case worker is yet to assign?

Thank You,
Daroori.

itguy_uk

Post by itguy_uk » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:48 am

ob40 wrote:Dear All,

applied - 22 Aug
received at HO - 26 Aug
ref dated - 26 Aug
visas issued - 23 Sept

Number of dependants - 4

As I am a pre-Nov 2006 HSMP participant, my case was decided on the JR judgement even though I applied on a Tier - 1 form, fulfilled all the requirements and had 120 points. But I am happy for this to end successfully which ever way.

I am grateful to every one here for their kind support and guidance through out.

OB40
Hi OB40,

Many congratulations..
My timelines also matches as yours and i am hoping for some good news in couple of weeks time.

Regards,
itguy_uk

Switching from Work Permit to Tier-1 (General) without Dependents
Applied from UK on 21-08-2008
Applied received on 22-08-2008
Reference letter date : 26-08-2008
Payment detected : 27-08-2008
Assigned to the CW : 22-09-2008
Result : Still under consoderation

ob40

Post by ob40 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:01 am

itguy_uk wrote:
Hi OB40,

Many congratulations..
My timelines also matches as yours and i am hoping for some good news in couple of weeks time.

Regards,
itguy_uk

Switching from Work Permit to Tier-1 (General) without Dependents
Applied from UK on 21-08-2008
Applied received on 22-08-2008
Reference letter date : 26-08-2008
Payment detected : 27-08-2008
Assigned to the CW : 22-09-2008
Result : Still under consoderation
Thanks itguy_uk and best of luck. Hope you get it soon.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 am

no probs guys,

itguy_uk,
as far as i remember from one of ur old posts, u had some problems with payment and u applied through agency first right. when did u apply for the 2nd time and did u do it urself this time. agencies are very doggy.

jessis,

There are actually people going as far as MARCH and APR 2008 who applied for Tier-1 not HSMP from within UK and are still waiting after Almost 6-7months of wait. things become more scary when u see this

Regards

Regards

Grant

nevadawipes

Re: Hi OB40

Post by nevadawipes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:40 am

Any1's guess is good as yours, its clrealy down to common sense!!
daroori wrote: What does this statement mean "A decision is yet to be made on your visa application"? Does it mean a case worker is assigned and decision is pending? or a case worker is yet to assign?

ob40

Post by ob40 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:41 am

grant1 wrote:no probs guys,

itguy_uk,

jessis,

Regards

Regards

Grant
Hi Grant,

I think you are confusing itguy_uk for me. I had a applied through an agent in May. The agent had helped me get initial clearance in 2008 and did a superb job then but this time around not only was he unprofessional but also unethical. He paid the wrong fee (350 GBP) and when the HO returned the application (17 July - 2.5 weeks after the expiry of my previous leave) he never told me that the application had been returned. HO had asked him to "reapply" with the correct fee. Instead, he put in the correct fee on the same application and returned the same application to the HO, which now was an out of time application. It would have been an out right rejection as the facts of the case had changed because of it being an out of time application. Luckily the application forms had changed in between and the HO again returned the application (19 August) but this time directly to my home address. Then I got in touch with the HO and they told me that I could reapply but I have to leave my job as my previous leave had expired. So I have been without a job since then and now in the process of getting my old job back (hopefully).

Regards OB40

ob40

Post by ob40 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:42 am

ob40 wrote:The agent had helped me get initial clearance in 2008
I meant 2004

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:33 am

Many congratulation ob40 i have a query to ask you that your visa was issued on 23rd of sep so from 23rd sep t0 13th oct did u
give a call to HO about your Status what was thier answer that decision has been made or they were just telling you that application is still underconsideration

Many Thanks

applied - 22 Aug
received at HO - 26 Aug
ref dated - 26 Aug
visas issued - 23 Sept

Number of dependants - 4

OB40
AZ

itguy_uk

Post by itguy_uk » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:04 am

Sep08T1Applicant wrote:Many congratulation ob40 i have a query to ask you that your visa was issued on 23rd of sep so from 23rd sep t0 13th oct did u
give a call to HO about your Status what was thier answer that decision has been made or they were just telling you that application is still underconsideration

Many Thanks

applied - 22 Aug
received at HO - 26 Aug
ref dated - 26 Aug
visas issued - 23 Sept

Number of dependants - 4

OB40
Hi OB40,

I also have the same query raised by Sep08T1Applicant.
Did you call HO in between the stamping date and the docs received date and what was their response ?

Regards,
itguy_uk

ob40

Post by ob40 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:09 am

Sep08T1Applicant wrote:Many congratulation ob40 i have a query to ask you that your visa was issued on 23rd of sep so from 23rd sep t0 13th oct did u

Many Thanks
Hi,

Thank you for the kind wishes. Yes I did call them a number of times. I called them on 23 Sept and they said that it has just then been assigned to a case worker. Infact I called once on 6th Oct and then on 9th Oct and they said that it is still under consideration. Then I called on 10th in the afternoon and the person that it has been dispatched. I had to wait till Monday to get the status.

As I said before in one of my posts, it is very difficult to work out their way of working.

Regards

OB40.