ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Muscat

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Muscat » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:04 pm

Mr_Knight wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:48 am
Muscat wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:14 am
As it doesn’t seem unreasonable for me to hope for a ‘confirmation of address’ email over the summer, I’m wondering if it’s best just to let things go to my UK home, or should I inform them of my address in France where I’m currently resident? I don’t want to hold things up. My daughter could post things to me. I can’t envisage getting to the UK as my husband is embarking on a long cancer treatment programme which means weekly trips to Paris, and we simply can’t quarantine as things stand right now. Will it cause any hiccup if I get them to send things here? Will I need to send proof of address or anything? Thanks for any advice :)
Better to wait for them to ask for your address conformation.
Thank you. Yes, I was going to wait for that, but I was wondering if it would hold things up if I give them my French address (other than the post being a bit slower to arrive here in France of course). I still have my uk address which I used when I applied, but I can’t get there for the foreseeable.

BigDaddy100
United States of America

Post by BigDaddy100 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:34 am

IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:36 pm
BigDaddy100 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:36 am
BigDaddy100 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:25 pm
jamiepompey wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:02 pm
ct101 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:01 pm
BigDaddy100 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:13 pm
My 1st-time paper passport application is finally showing a status of "Processing" in the Passport Tracker. However, the estimated issue date is 17 months away. Really hoping the system will recalibrate and shorten that time estimate. Good luck to all who are waiting.

My timeline:

FBR:
Application/docs received in Balbriggan: 01 July 2019
Confirmation of address email: 24 September 2020
Date added to FBR: 25 September 2020
Congrats email: 01 October 2020
FBR certificate received: 20 October 2020

Passport:
Application/docs received by Consulate (SF): 18 January 2021
Passport Tracker status: Processing (as of 21 June 2021)
Passport approved: Pending
Passport posted: Pending
Passport received: Pending
Hello! Please provide an update on this when you can- I'm also in the same situation! I've asked to withdraw my paper application a couple of times so that I can submit an online application and I keep being told that if I submit it online I'll be at the back of the queue and it will take longer. Online is starting to look like a much better option, however! Best of luck with your application.
Once they’re properly back up and running it won’t take them too long to get into the swing of things. This was my passport tracker info from last year when they were working at full speed.

Applied Online: 18/09/2020
Documents Sent: 18/09/2020
Documents Received: 22/09/2020
Passport Dispatched : 30/09/2020
Passport Received: 05/10/2020
Thanks, @jamiepompey. Your numbers are a lot more encouraging.

I received a reply from the Consulate. They confirmed that the processing of my passport has begun and the estimated date on the tracker is a mistake. No updated estimates as of yet though. Good luck to all.
Some encouraging news:
A few days ago, I asked the Passport Service (via webchat) for an updated status. They said that the estimated issue date is July 5th. This morning, the passport tracker status now reads, "Printing. Your passport is being printed." :)
Hiya Bigdaddy100
It’s been some time since I reviewed this informative blog, I guess I haven’t been here since I recd my passport in hand back on Jan 14,2021.
I know we kept each other on our FBR and passport progress. I just saw your passport update that it’s being printed tomorrow, so very happy for you bud, you will have it in your hands very soon.
I am still waiting to schedule my first trip to Ireland, it still doesn’t make sense for me yet since Ireland is managing a 2 week quarantine at specific approved hotels. I will wait until after that mandate is lifted.
Congrats on your progress!! ☘️
Best,
IrishNJUSAMan☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸
Hey IrishNJUSAMan,
Thanks for the kind message. Just realized that the date you received your passport was the date that I sent out my application. Looking forward to it arriving soon. Like you, we're also going to wait a while for things to settle down before making the trip.
Cheers,
BigDaddy100

Litcho80
Newly Registered

Post by Litcho80 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:55 am

Hi All, I have a question I hope you can help me with. I applied in Oct 2019 and my documents received email arrived a few weeks later. I can see that some who applied at the same time are now getting congratulations emails. Although I have competed the online application and sent off my docs I haven’t paid the fee. I’m pretty sure when I completed the online application it said that I wouldn’t need to pay until they had completed the work on my application, however I am now starting to doubt myself and wondering if I missed something and should have paid already? Has anyone else applied but not been asked to pay yet?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:54 pm

Litcho80 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:55 am
Hi All, I have a question I hope you can help me with. I applied in Oct 2019 and my documents received email arrived a few weeks later. I can see that some who applied at the same time are now getting congratulations emails. Although I have competed the online application and sent off my docs I haven’t paid the fee. I’m pretty sure when I completed the online application it said that I wouldn’t need to pay until they had completed the work on my application, however I am now starting to doubt myself and wondering if I missed something and should have paid already? Has anyone else applied but not been asked to pay yet?
Thanks in advance for any help.
I paid the fee with my card when I submitted the online application. I don't know whether it would have been different in 2019. I read somewhere that they used to take cheques. You could try contacting them via Live Chat however they are not helpful and won't answer questions like that. They will surely tell you if there is anything they need when they process your documents.

kwong22
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by kwong22 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:35 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:04 pm
kwong22 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:57 pm
Just thought I'd post an update

Sept. 22, 2019 - Online Application + Fees Paid
Oct. 21, 2019 - Documents Mailed
Nov. 5, 2019 - Email Confirmation of Documents
July 1, 2021 - Application Approved, Email to Confirm Mailing Address

Can't believe it's taken this long, but happy its finally approved! :)
Congrats kwong22!! Another pint I'll have for you too.
Did your email mention which Team # ? I'll add you to the list of people that have passed Nordrick & I up in the queue LOL
Best of luck with passport application.

jgclancy
Thanks jgclancy! The email said Team 8.
Hopefully the passport application will be much quicker!

mcgee58
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mcgee58 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:17 pm

Hi all, been awhile! Been following threads here since 2018 (when it was on a different thread) and posting this in case any adopted people looking to do their FBR..

I applied for my FBR in Nov 2018, and found I needed to apply for registration of my adoption first (My mom adopted me, and was an irish citizen born to a father born in Donegal 1903!!)

Happy to say I've finally had my adoption approved by Ireland, and I initially needed to apply for FBR AFTER this process (ugh), but have learned the rules have changed to allow me to apply directly for passport now that an adoption certificate (registered and approved by ireland) is the same legal standing as FBR...I'm finally an irish citizen!

Nearly 3 years later --now onto the passport!

MrBotch
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by MrBotch » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:49 pm

I got my congratulatory email with the news that I'd been added to the register on the 30th of June and the certificate and my paperwork arrived here in North Yorkshire today, the 5th of July. It said on the envelope there was a signature required but the postman had just put it through the letterbox.

Sent my stuff in May 2019.

Passport next!

BigDaddy100
United States of America

Post by BigDaddy100 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:32 pm

I just checked the passport tracker. The bar graph has reached the end: "Your application is complete." The status says, "Dispatched. Your passport has been dispatched on 05/07/2021." :D
Pretty sure it will be sent to the Consulate before being routed to me. Is that how it has gone for others in the U.S.? It's almost here. Best wishes for all who are waiting.

My timeline:

FBR:
Application/docs received in Balbriggan: 01 July 2019
Confirmation of address email: 24 September 2020
Added to FBR: 25 September 2020
Congratulations email: 01 October 2020
FBR certificate received: 20 October 2020

Passport:
Application/docs received by Consulate (SF): 18 January 2021
Passport processing: 21 June 2021
Passport printed: 3 July 2021
Passport dispatched: 5 July 2021
Passport received: Pending

Alice1494
Newly Registered

Post by Alice1494 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:09 pm

In case it is useful to anyone, this is a reply from the Irish Passport twitter to someone asking for an update on FBR today:

Hi, before COVID it took 12 to 18 months to process FBRs, because of the high volume of applications from Brexit and the impact of COVID restrictions. When regular processing resumes further resources will be allocated, with turnaround times back to pre Covid levels by end 2021.

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:53 pm

Alice1494 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:09 pm
In case it is useful to anyone, this is a reply from the Irish Passport twitter to someone asking for an update on FBR today:

Hi, before COVID it took 12 to 18 months to process FBRs, because of the high volume of applications from Brexit and the impact of COVID restrictions. When regular processing resumes further resources will be allocated, with turnaround times back to pre Covid levels by end 2021.
Thanks Alice, at least that' something. I know Ireland is very concerned about the Delta variant at present and they are trying to ramp up the vaccination campaign to help contain it, so I guess this understandably being prioritised. They are certainly being very low key in terms of updates though.

cdfly
United States of America

Post by cdfly » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:16 pm

FBR app submitted online: 17 February 2020
Email acknowledging receipt in Balbriggan: never lol...Postal tracking confirmed arrival 14 July 2020
Confirmation of address email: 14 December 2020
Added to FBR: 14 December 2020

I filed a joint app with my very pregnant sister… was told originally that my app would be shuffled to the back of the queue for 15-18 months, but got the pleasant surprise of approval a few months after hers. Received my FBR certificate in February, but it had her photo on my form…. So had to pay to send it back to Dublin and wait for a new version. Ended up being for the best as I received it back right before end of April when online passport was opened to US residents!
Passport online app submitted: 29 apr 2021
Received in Dublin: 13 May 2021
Passport dispatched: 28 June 2021
Passport received in US: 06 July 2021!
Best of luck to all of you ☺️🇮🇪🇺🇸

youthinkunoe
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by youthinkunoe » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:21 pm

My timeline:

FBR
Application/docs received in Balbriggan: 06 November 2019
Confirmation of address email: 06 JULY 2021
Date added to FBR: N/A
Congrats email: N/A
FBR certificate received: N/A

youthinkunoe
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by youthinkunoe » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:21 pm

Good luck all

youthinkunoe
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by youthinkunoe » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:28 pm

cdfly wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:16 pm
Email acknowledging receipt in Balbriggan: never lol...Postal tracking confirmed arrival 14 July 2020

I filed a joint app with my very pregnant sister… was told originally that my app would be shuffled to the back of the queue for 15-18 months, but got the pleasant surprise of approval a few months after hers. Received my FBR certificate in February, but it had her photo on my form…. So had to pay to send it back to Dublin and wait for a new version. Ended up being for the best as I received it back right before end of April when online passport was opened to US residents!

The fact that this lady piggy backed off her sister and got ahead of me while I waited years and she got her passport already really pisses me off

Sorry I'm not Sorry

dolewhip
United States of America

Post by dolewhip » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:28 pm

cdfly wrote:

youthinkunoe wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:21 pm
My timeline:

FBR
Application/docs received in Balbriggan: 06 November 2019
Confirmation of address email: 06 JULY 2021
Date added to FBR: N/A
Congrats email: N/A
FBR certificate received: N/A
Congrats to you both!

Really wishing for an update right now - super frustrating that it could potentially come any day or in 4-5 months (docs received on 24 October 2019). I feel for the May/June folks in limbo but was hoping to not endure the same fate.
youthinkunoe wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:28 pm
The fact that this lady piggy backed off her sister and got ahead of me while I waited years and she got her passport already really pisses me off

Sorry I'm not Sorry
I get the feeling, but know you're doing fairly well as far as this process goes - my docs were received two weeks before yours and I've heard nothing.

MKCG

Post by MKCG » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 pm

Flatcap_Julius wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:51 pm
MKCG wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:42 pm
They really need to get back to work.
Organisations throughout the world have found ways of getting themselves back to work & being productive. I’m far from the front of the Q in my application but I’m sick of the Covid excuses, enough is enough.

It’s not as if we’ve all just paid a tenner for this, the cost is significant, it’s also a birth right to those who are eligible.
Exactly! I couldn't agree more. I've come in for a lot of hostility on here simply because I will not glibly accept what amounts to an awful service. I completely understand that there will be delays caused by Brexit-fuelled demand however and, to some extent, COVID - neither of which are the fault of the Irish government - however I do not accept the lack of communication and almost total deprioritisation of FBR. Most of us have already put our lives on hold for 2 years and the prospect of doing do so for another 2 or 3 is quite crushing when there no real justification for that level of delay. I find it quite insulting to be told to "stop whining" and "be glad I don't have terminal cancer" etc (as if I am not grateful for that already) from people who know nothing about me other than their own mind-made projections. Well I will never accept poor service from anywhere. I have pressed for changes that ultimately benefit everyone - all of whom have their own personal circumstances, life situation and reasons for applying. Can't we all just be mindful that, whatever our viewpoints, we are ultimately applying for the same thing - and have much the same goal. The Irish government are purporting that there is a line of contact via the Passport Webchat Team - well it is not fit for purpose. Most of the time the chat is unavailable and when it is the staff are rude and unhelpful. I will NOT glibly just sit here and accept the contempt that is shown to applications. I want some answers and I am going to get them.
Completely agree

Just because they are a government agency doesn’t mean they can slack on customer service. If they were a private enterprise and they were seen to be dishing out these sorts of excuses they would be getting slated from every angle.

Covid has been ongoing for well over a year now, they need to work alongside the fact that the virus will be in the background for a long time

BigDaddy100
United States of America

Post by BigDaddy100 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:58 pm

youthinkunoe wrote:
cdfly wrote:

Sorry I'm not Sorry
Siblings usually have many certificates in common (parents, grandparents), so it makes sense to file together with the shared docs. I could be mistaken, but I think I remember the service being ok with this (someone kindly correct me if that's not true). She would have no control over the order of processing and was prepared for a 15-18 month wait. Sometimes we just get lucky.
Good luck to all!

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:39 am

I've just realised my UK passport runs out in a few weeks, so I'm going to apply for a replacement for that - not that I'll be going anywhere soon, it seems. Apparently the timescale for the UK passport is 10 weeks for an online renewal - which doesn't seem that bad to me. I had thought it would be like 9 months or something - but no But it's not really the UK one that I want - it's the Irish one with a golden harp on it! Seems like that one's another 2 years away :| Still it'll get sorted. The whole world's in a strange situation right now.

cdfly
United States of America

Post by cdfly » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:45 am

BigDaddy100 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:58 pm
youthinkunoe wrote:
cdfly wrote:

Sorry I'm not Sorry
Siblings usually have many certificates in common (parents, grandparents), so it makes sense to file together with the shared docs. I could be mistaken, but I think I remember the service being ok with this (someone kindly correct me if that's not true). She would have no control over the order of processing and was prepared for a 15-18 month wait. Sometimes we just get lucky.
Good luck to all!
1000%! When I worked with the FBR officer to get her app expedited, I was told they would get her name down on the FBR, then keep the necessary documents with my app and put it at the back of the queue. Most important thing at the time of filing was to make sure my niece would remain eligible…. Her application was approved late July 2020, so I TRULY have no idea what stroke of pure luck led to my application being approved almost 4.5 months later. Beyond grateful of course!
(I mostly shared my timeline to show how quick the new online passport process for Americans is as I applied literally the first day available ….7 weeks including shipping both ways and DFA clearing out the covid queue)

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:08 am

I'm just off to the Post Office to sort out my UK passport application - seeing as I won't be getting my Irish passport with a golden harp on it any time yet.

Mr_Knight
Mood:

Post by Mr_Knight » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:19 am

Flatcap_Julius wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:08 am
I'm just off to the Post Office to sort out my UK passport application - seeing as I won't be getting my Irish passport with a golden harp on it any time yet.
With all due respect I think you need to search for friends on Facebook for random chit-chat. I don't think anyone here needs daily updates of every aspect of your life.

Flatcap_Julius
BANNED

Post by Flatcap_Julius » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:14 pm

Mr_Knight wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:19 am
Flatcap_Julius wrote:
With all due respect I think you need to search for friends on Facebook for random chit-chat. I don't think anyone here needs daily updates of every aspect of your life.
With all due respect I don't think anybody needs your hostility or rudeness. You are attempting to be personally nasty and there is no need for it.

chelsearob77
Ireland

Post by chelsearob77 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:24 pm

Flatcap_Julius wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:14 pm
Mr_Knight wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:19 am
Flatcap_Julius wrote:
With all due respect I don't think anybody needs your hostility or rudeness. You are attempting to be personally nasty and there is no need for it.
I don’t think anyone is trying to be nasty towards you, just that your posts are a bit too much, we don’t need to know everything you do day to day that’s all, and no I’m not trying to be nasty either fella just can see that your leaving yourself open for potentially a lot of backlash from others…

DKCalifornia
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by DKCalifornia » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:59 pm

anthonydoh wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:36 pm
25 months and counting... (May 2019)

Team 5 by the way. Last correspondence was when they asked for updated photos (child applications) in October 2020. They got them but that is the last I heard.
24 and a half months and also counting…(June 2019) Don’t know which team- no correspondence since application and documents received. Keep checking spam thinking email will go there but nothing yet. Where is the luck of the Irish?! Lol

dolewhip
United States of America

Post by dolewhip » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:24 pm

DKCalifornia wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:59 pm
anthonydoh wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:36 pm
25 months and counting... (May 2019)

Team 5 by the way. Last correspondence was when they asked for updated photos (child applications) in October 2020. They got them but that is the last I heard.
24 and a half months and also counting…(June 2019) Don’t know which team- no correspondence since application and documents received. Keep checking spam thinking email will go there but nothing yet. Where is the luck of the Irish?! Lol
That's rough, best of luck to you. Any May - June cases left should absolutely be getting processed before October/November submissions, I don't get it.