ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New point system help. What to put for P60 if wife is a housewife

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Blessings123
Pakistan

P60, P21 if you are not working

Post by Blessings123 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:38 pm

Dear All
I am in process of applying naturalisation for my wife. She is non eu. I am a naturalised Irish citizen. She is a house wife and never worked in Ireland. I could not find any tax returns in her revenue account. Does she need to submit those with her naturalisation application if she has never worked in Ireland ?
Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: P60, P21 if you are not working

Post by littlerr » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:23 pm

Well if she doesn’t have them, of course she won’t be able to submit them.

Just make sure she attaches a letter explaining how she lives in Ireland without income. A letter from Dept of Social Protection will be beneficial to confirm that she has never used benefit before, plus ample proofs that she is actually living in Ireland.

Blessings123
Pakistan

Post by Blessings123 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:00 pm

Will department of social affairs provide such letter? Apart from child benefit she didn’t seek any other benefit. Also can we use hospital appointments as proof of address?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:44 am

You can get such letter online within a few button clicks.

Yes hospital letters are accepted.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:03 am

Hi

As my good friend RajaBrit in this forum helped me, you need to do the following for requesting a Tax Clearance Cert for your spouse:

If your spouse does not have a Revenue account online apply for one. Her login details will take up to a week to arrive.

Download, complete and scan a copy of the TC1 form
https://www.revenue.ie/en/starting-a-bu ... rm-tc1.pdf

Once you have her login details submit a request under “my enquiries” by selecting the relevant drop down menu and explain in comments box you need the Cert for Citizenship. Attach the scanned & completed TC1 form.

You’ll get an online notification under “my enquiries” account of your spouse within 2 days saying tax affairs are in order (even though she never worked in Ireland)

In 5-7 days time you’ll receive a tax clearance letter by post.

I followed the above and got a Cert for ma parent who has never worked in ireland. Same applies to your spouse

Good luck

Blessings123
Pakistan

New point system help. What to put for P60 if wife is a housewife

Post by Blessings123 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:09 pm

Dear all,
I am a naturalised Irish citizen. I have been in a regular job since moving to Ireland (8years ago). My wife is now eligible to Irish naturalisation. I just reviewed the new point based system for nationality. My wife is a house wife. So can I use my p60 for her? It’s very difficult to get 150 points without the p60/employment certificate. Please guide
Thanks

lovebino
Ireland

Re: New point system help. What to put for P60 if wife is a housewife

Post by lovebino » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:03 am

I think, it would take a while for everything to be clearer. I came across the new point system and in my opinion it might be difficult for many people, especially for someone with Stamp 3 as they were not allowed to work before Stamp 1G scheme applied to them in 2019. Hopefully the Department will re-consider this fact.

Blessings123
Pakistan

Post by Blessings123 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:55 am

Impossible to get the required points for every year. Especially if you are a stay home wife

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:13 am

Stamp 3 holders should still be able to have 150 scores.
Bank statement - 50
Either Rent agreement OR mortgage payment & property tax - 50-60
GP/hospital record - 50 or 25 depending on application type
TV Licence / health insurance - 10 each
These should be the bare minimum. Most of them are mandatory as part of immigration conditions.

If a person cannot provide most of these documents, then it is inherently difficult to prove that they really live here. However, INIS did say that it is not a dead end but it will require manual intervention from the department.

lovebino
Ireland

Post by lovebino » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:51 am

You are right Littlerr. However, there are some certain cases as follows:

For a rent agreement, sometimes it was signed by one spouse rather than by the couple with the landlord. We could go back to the landlord and re-sign it so would be ok.

For bank, my spouse got refused by AIB as the bank said as my spouse was not working at that time. Also, my spouse used my credit card all the time for family daily expense as it was the main income from my job. I think the Department should allow them to use some documents from their Spouse if they were unable to provide. Also, not all landlords are willing to make registration for their tenant because of income tax which as we know very common in this country.

For TV license, sometimes it is include in the rent and/or under the name of landlord. In my house, electricity is under the name of landlord and he charge us mothly based on his bill.

GP + medical insurance etc, I would think not all but there would be a number of people will have difficult.

I would think with new conditions, the number of application will decrease in 2022.

mmsa
Mood:

Post by mmsa » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:16 am

Its an interesting change really,

Does anyone know what a Department of Social welfare annual statement is? I have logged into mygov.ie and you can request either a contribution statement and a payment statement. We have never used social welfare except for the past year for the usual child benefit payments after our child was born.. will a statement that is mostly blank contribute to the points system?

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:46 pm

Yes i think a blank statement should also contribute to the points based system, considering they have not mentioned any additional information in the notes section of the file.

However, the system is relatively new and definitely needs clarification.

Blessings123
Pakistan

Post by Blessings123 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:32 pm

mmsa wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:16 am

Does anyone know what a Department of Social welfare annual statement is? I have logged into mygov.ie and you can request either a contribution statement and a payment statement. We have never used social welfare except for the past year for the usual child benefit payments after our child was born.. will a statement that is mostly blank contribute to the points system?
Yes. Same question. I haven’t been able to find this document either. If anyone knows then please guide

Blessings123
Pakistan

Post by Blessings123 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:34 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:13 am
Stamp 3 holders should still be able to have 150 scores.
Bank statement - 50
Either Rent agreement OR mortgage payment & property tax - 50-60
GP/hospital record - 50 or 25 depending on application type
TV Licence / health insurance - 10 each
These should be the bare minimum. Most of them are mandatory as part of immigration conditions.

If a person cannot provide most of these documents, then it is inherently difficult to prove that they really live here. However, INIS did say that it is not a dead end but it will require manual intervention from the department.
On my wife’s revenue she is coming as a spouse on my employment detail summery. I wonder if I can use that. It comes up with her pps nunber and word spouse mentioned on it.

azee81
Ireland

Post by azee81 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:15 pm

just wondering if that new system will ruleout the use of residency calculator altogether ,any thoughts?

fatcat123
Newly Registered
France

Post by fatcat123 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I noticed that the new form 8 looks so weird and unprofessional, which is just a word form with notes in it. It looks more like a daft to me than a form that is ready to use. I am going to apply for citizenship, should I wait for them to see if they may update the form?

Thanks!

Shakey

Post by Shakey » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:21 pm

lovebino wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:51 am
You are right Littlerr. However, there are some certain cases as follows:

For a rent agreement, sometimes it was signed by one spouse rather than by the couple with the landlord. We could go back to the landlord and re-sign it so would be ok.

For bank, my spouse got refused by AIB as the bank said as my spouse was not working at that time. Also, my spouse used my credit card all the time for family daily expense as it was the main income from my job. I think the Department should allow them to use some documents from their Spouse if they were unable to provide. Also, not all landlords are willing to make registration for their tenant because of income tax which as we know very common in this country.

For TV license, sometimes it is include in the rent and/or under the name of landlord. In my house, electricity is under the name of landlord and he charge us mothly based on his bill.

GP + medical insurance etc, I would think not all but there would be a number of people will have difficult.

I would think with new conditions, the number of application will decrease in 2022.
I agree, for a number of people this has made applications far trickier and at the very least will slow down applications as people scramble for pieces of paper they didn't know they needed up until now.

Having a quick glance at this I suspect there will be modifications made. No mention of cable/tv bills in points system but fishing license is accepted? I mean come on.

kcakiras
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by kcakiras » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:09 pm

mmsa wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:16 am

I was hung up on this question as well, couldn't figure out which statement they are referring to so I just sent an e-mail enquiry to the Dept of Justice but I am not holding my breath on getting an answer anytime soon. I have a feeling that their answer will be "both".

If applicant is employed then contribution statement will show how many months of PRSI contributions they've paid and which year. If applicant is currently unemployed and in receipt of welfare payments or have received welfare payments in any year that they claim residence for, then the payment statement is also relevant. That is of course besides the point that if someone is receiving welfare payment that means they are de facto burden to the state which is something the dept of justice frowns upon in naturalisation applications apparently but let's leave it at that.

Another reason I can think of why the Contribution statement might be relevant is the fact that not all applicants are PAYE employees paying Class A contributions, there are 11 different classes paid at different schedule. For instance Class A is paid at payroll schedule whereas Class S is paid when you do your tax returns. Therefore whether Contribution or Payment statement, I won't be surprised both are relevant.

I still cannot figure out why we're submitting all these documents, P60/Employment Summary + Welfare Statements whatnot whereas they practically sit on the top of that data, including when you've entered and exited the state.

I am personally pissed about the tenancy agreements and RTB registration and proof of payment. Only a fraction of landlords are actually registering tenancy and almost all transactions are in cash. I know it is the law but the fact is landlords are running scared at the hint of RTB registration and income tax implication. Not much you can do as prospective tenant, it is a seller's market unfortunately.