ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier I General Application Form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

drjabberwocky23

Tier I General Application Form

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:02 pm

I was having a look through the Tier I (General) Application form (I'm hoping to apply around December or so), and I noticed question D8 on the application form:

"Please give details of the journey, including where the applicant travelled from, ticket booking/reference number, and transport operator."

Now, I originally came to the UK in 1999 and haven't the foggiest idea what my ticket booking/reference number is! I don't think this question was on any of the previous application forms, and I really don't think I've kept hold of tickets from almost 10 years ago.

Just wondered how anyone else in a similar situation to me answered this question?

Any advice regarding this will be gratefully appreciated!

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:27 pm

Looks like I am in a rather unique situation then! :(

oilman
Newly Registered

Post by oilman » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:07 am

which form is this?

the appendix or vaf9?

i've forgotten my ref number as well, which is ages ago but I found my old passport with the entry stamp in it. I guess that should be enough proof?

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:24 am

oilman wrote:which form is this?

the appendix or vaf9?

i've forgotten my ref number as well, which is ages ago but I found my old passport with the entry stamp in it. I guess that should be enough proof?
Hello Oilman

Thanks for replying. The application form I'm referring to is this one:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... onform.pdf

I have my original visa stamp entry also, but question D8 asks for a travel/booking reference number which I do not have.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Re: Tier I General Application Form

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:24 pm

well i have applied for tier 1 General i was also confused about that query but i left that section empty because it's around 5 years i came here i didn't remember don't know what will happend with that:(
drjabberwocky23 wrote:I was having a look through the Tier I (General) Application form (I'm hoping to apply around December or so), and I noticed question D8 on the application form:

"Please give details of the journey, including where the applicant travelled from, ticket booking/reference number, and transport operator."

Now, I originally came to the UK in 1999 and haven't the foggiest idea what my ticket booking/reference number is! I don't think this question was on any of the previous application forms, and I really don't think I've kept hold of tickets from almost 10 years ago.

Just wondered how anyone else in a similar situation to me answered this question?

Any advice regarding this will be gratefully appreciated!
AZ