ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR through PBS dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KenBossini
India

Spouse ILR through PBS dependent

Post by KenBossini » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:56 am

Hi all,

I was on Tier 2 General permit until Aug 2017 when I got my ILR. Afterwards, I got my British Citizenship in Aug 2020.

We are now applying for my wife's ILR. We submitted the online application on 23rd June, and have the UKVCAS appointment on 17th July. Can someone please advise if the following list of documents to be submitted for this application is sufficient? or if we are missing any documents?

1. Wife's current passport (she has no older passports)
2. Wife's current BRP (as PBS dependent)
3. Our marriage certificate
4. Her LITUK test pass number (already submitted in the application)
5. Her Masters degree certificate from a UK university
6. Cover letters and consent letters from both
7. Cohabitation proofs for last 2 years (at least 6 proofs in each name from at least 3 different sources)
8. My passport

Can someone with recent experience also advise if I can go along with her to the UKVCAS appointment? I am asking this question because at the time of her PBS dependent visa extension in 2018, my passport (& BRP), along with my presence was required at her appointment. However, I am not sure what the current protocol is with Covid restrictions in place.

Thank you,
K.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Spouse ILR through PBS dependent

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:59 am

It all looks good. You do not need to go with her at all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

KenBossini
India

Re: Spouse ILR through PBS dependent

Post by KenBossini » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:19 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:59 am
It all looks good. You do not need to go with her at all
Thanks Zimba for the quick confirmation.

Regards,
K.