ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Long Residence Application - Advice needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alpaca007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

ILR Long Residence Application - Advice needed

Post by alpaca007 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:21 pm

Hi All,

I have been following the timeline thread for a while and will be able to make my application for the 10 year Long Residence (LR) route in late August. I've also requested for my records from the Home Office in preparation as well.

I have been thinking about whether should I use a lawyer to help me out with my application or do it myself. I would greatly appreciate it if people who made the 10 year LR application themselves to share their experience and help me out :D

Thanks,
Tim

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Long Residence Application - Advice needed

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:08 pm

You do not need a lawyer. It is all about the eligibility criteria. What is your immigration history in the last 10 years?
Start with the long residence guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -residence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice