ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srivmohan
Newly Registered
India

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Post by srivmohan » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:35 pm

Hi , Filing ILR SET (O), Can anyone help with this question please:

A. I said 'YES' and mentioned my birth country.
Query- I have visited many countries on business visa for max 1 month? Do I need to mention those visits as well.??

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:09 pm

srivmohan wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:35 pm
Hi , Filing ILR SET (O), Can anyone help with this question please:

A. I said 'YES' and mentioned my birth country.
Query- I have visited many countries on business visa for max 1 month? Do I need to mention those visits as well.??

Thanks in advance
This is not about visits. It is about countries you LIVED in
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

srivmohan
Newly Registered
India

Re: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Post by srivmohan » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:17 am

Morning , Many Thanks for a advise.

Could you please clear one more doubt please as I am going to submit my ILR application tomorrow (i.e 09/07/2021)
I'm currently on the Tier 2 (General) visa and pay the Taxes and National Insurance (NI) through PAYE from 2016. However, I first came to the UK in 2006 on a work visa from 2006-2007 and went back to my home country. I have paid National insurance and claim back the taxes of those years.

When I am checking my national insurance records of 2007-2016 it stated that
You did not make any contributions this year
You can make up a the shortfall.
Pay a voluntary contribution of £880 by 5 April 2023.

Could you please advise if I need to pay the relevant amount to fill in this Gap from (2007-2016) in order to be eligible for ILR and would this affect my ILR application?

Many Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:34 am

This has nothing to do with your ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice