ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Dependent Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cjpr88
Newly Registered
India

Skilled Worker Dependent Visa

Post by cjpr88 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:05 pm

Hi All

I came to UK in April 2019 on a 5 year Tier 2 General visa, my BRP is valid till April 2024 and my wife came to the UK on PBS Dependent visa. Currently, I have received an offer from a genuine company who is ready to give sponsorship. The company says, for now, they could provide Skilled Worker visa(new visa which replaced Tier 2 general) only to 2 years and later they would extend up to 5 years if required. So in the present case company says my visa could be extended only till 2023 though my current visa is valid till 2024.
Could you please provide inputs for the below-mentioned queries on the dependent visa?

1. Does my visa change from Tier2 General to skilled worker visa require any change in the PBS Dependent visa of my wife.

2. Currently visa for my wife is till 2024, whereas my new visa could be till 2023 as per the communication by the company, will it affect her visa. Will, she also have to change/update her visa accordingly

3. Currently my wife is in India, If I change my visa to Skilled visa and her dependent visa is kept as it is, will have any impact when she travels back to UK from India.

Thanking you in advance

ravin9889

Re: Skilled Worker Dependent Visa

Post by ravin9889 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:10 am

Hi @cjpr88,

I am in a very similar situation as you. Did you manage to find the answers to your queries below?

Thanks,
Ravin

cjpr88
Newly Registered
India

Re: Skilled Worker Dependent Visa

Post by cjpr88 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:12 am

Hi Ravin,

I haven't got received any concrete answers. But I found a point added below from the Skilled worker dependent visa policy document ( https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... hdrawn.pdf ), but the document has been archived on 3rd March 2021. I was not able to find any latest document to confirm the rule stays. Please do update if you find any information on these.
If the Main Applicant changes employer or educational institution and is therefore issued with a
new certificate of sponsorship/confirmation of acceptance for studies and is applying for leave to
remain to work or study under their new sponsor, PBS dependants do not have to apply with them
for leave to remain. Instead, PBS dependants can remain in the UK until the end of the validity
period of their existing PBS dependant leave. They can later apply for leave to remain to bring
their leave in line with the leave of the PBS migrant. Dependants of Appendix W Workers should
apply to switch at the same time as the Main Applicant