ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel into UK with EU passport (UK citizen with expired UK passport)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JulietSoul
Israel

Travel into UK with EU passport (UK citizen with expired UK passport)

Post by JulietSoul » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:50 pm

Hello,

My husband is a UK and Danish citizen. His UK passport has expired but he has not renewed it yet because he wants to change his last name first, and that is taking a while as has to be done in the Danish passport first.
We have a trip booked to Israel this summer, will he be about to get back in using his Danish passport but as a UK citizen if he shows the expired UK passport? Couldn't find the answer to this anywhere.
I know you're not meant to do this but he's done this before without issue simply by showing the Danish passport only, just not post Brexit.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travel into UK with EU passport (UK citizen with expired UK passport)

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:00 pm

The requirement is to have a valid passport for entry to the UK, so take both DK (valid) and UK (expired) passports. Show both - it shouldn't be a problem as UK citizens cannot be refused entry to the UK. Maybe a few extra minutes of questions.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

JulietSoul
Israel

Re: Travel into UK with EU passport (UK citizen with expired UK passport)

Post by JulietSoul » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:22 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:00 pm
The requirement is to have a valid passport for entry to the UK, so take both DK (valid) and UK (expired) passports. Show both - it shouldn't be a problem as UK citizens cannot be refused entry to the UK. Maybe a few extra minutes of questions.
Thank you so much, that's reassuring!